Recent content by Shenmue

1. Shenmue

Why do i see yakuza fans spreading hate on people who like shenmue 3?

Sega itself is partially to blame but the sooner people realize Shenmue isn't really an open-world brawler action game, the faster they will stop trying to compare it to Yakuza. Ironic since Yakuza since the first game on the PS2 suffered badly with comparisons with Grand Theft Auto by...
  2. Shenmue

Random Shenmue Thoughts

It just occurred to me, what happens if you get to night time when you're in the port in the Bailu Village part of Shenmue 2? Does he sleep behind one of those houses or something?
  3. Shenmue

Random Shenmue Thoughts

Don't know why they changed it for Shenmue II, but this theme alone elevates the drama and mystery of the story so much for me.
  4. Shenmue

Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Why are there so many people with this specific shot of Saturn Shenmue as their avatar? Seriously, it creeps me out sometimes to be reading a thread and see someone's post with that image on the left side. There's even an user which has an identical username to mine with that same damn avatar...
  5. Shenmue

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

I think Sony backing Shenmue 4 is pure wishful thinking. Here's hoping they're justified to do so with 5, though. ET is just someone trying to do too much with the old 2600 hardware, the only reason it's called "the worst game ever made" is because of the landfill backstory and how this...
  6. Shenmue

General Impressions

So why is Shenmue 3 the way it is then? :ROFLMAO:
  7. Shenmue

Ryo's Bicycle in Shenmue I (Cut Content)

Yeah I cannot see the bike working anywhere on both Mues. Maybe they could have had a story section in which there's no one walking around the streets (ie in the early morning) with Ryo in a hurry to get somewhere?
  8. Shenmue

SuperEyePatchWolf: "Shenmue III is a terrible game and I've wasted my life"

This thread, I believe, encapsulates everything wrong with the Dojo. It was more fun lurking on the old site when S3 was a pipe dream.
  9. Shenmue

General Impressions

Disc 4 was a masterstroke, there's no way in hell Shenmue would have had such a following if it ended in the rooftop fight. It's basically a preview of the third game carefully engineered to hype it up to the maximum degree. The way Shen 3 ended was so limpdicked I still wonder where did...
  10. Shenmue

QTE or NO QTE ?

We all know the originator of the QTE mechanic is Sega's own Excite QTE (1981) and its sequel, Excite QTE II (1983).
  11. Shenmue

I fear Yu Suzuki has lost sight of what's essential here...

Yeah, you just exemplified how he's being pressured by fans with your own post, lmao.
  12. Shenmue

Luck based Mini-games, should S4 remove them ?

No, the gambling games serve as a sort of escape valve for players that don't really want to grind for money during any portion of the game, without necessarily feeling that they 'cheated'. You can always not play them.
  13. Shenmue

The ending of Shenmue

As the concept art and map shows, Chapter 11 clearly takes place in the streets of New York. Roe Hazuki will learn that Tom, the guy who gave conflicting stories about seeing his father's murderer in Shenmue I, orchestrated the whole thing in order to get both dragon mirrors and use its power to...
  14. Shenmue

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

The Baisha screenshot and the CSI zoom-in on the Great Wall promo shot made this thread be worth it. Thanks for sharing, I was one of the people who got a bit disappointing with 3 but regardless seeing those pictures already made me hyped for 4. I've been meaning to play it forever on the PS4...
  15. Shenmue

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

I wish Sega would quit trying to ignore Shenmue and just give Yu a small portion of the Yakuza team + the Dragon engine already. I could see it easily being adapted mechanically for Shenmue and working beautifully. Unreal Engine seems to be trouble for japanese devs for some reason so I'd hope...
Back