110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if my initial comments were coming off as doubtful, that was certainly not my intention. When i first saw the "rumour" surface online i was beyond happy inside and excited for the whole community knowing that there's a very a very good chance we can continue along the great wall and enter that cliff temple. I'm pleased that if indeed happening shenmue is in the hands of a smaller studio, who seem to have a good decent amount knowledge of sega's history and creators like yu suzuki. I'm not pissed at the company, I'm more bamboozled by the whole ordeal. Like I said in a earlier comment on this thread I'm happy shenmue IV's a possibility and could be coming but scared at the same time incase it's just a publicity stunt. There's nothing more I want to see that each and every fan having a repeat of that night in 2015 when 3 was announced and we were all celebrating a milestone achievement by breathing life into something everyone once said was dead. If they're working on this title with yu then it's in far greater hands than 3 was in deep silvers. I'm binging the anime and rerunning through the games currently and they often bring back so many memories of fun and blissful days and feelings that are hard to describe. If they're indeed working on my most wanted game like everyone else's here then I'm more than prepared to wait on the sidelines for however long and offer whatever love and support they want from this fanbase. :) Again sorry if my earlier posts came off as casting shade on a light of hope. #LetsGetShenmue4
Its nothing like undoubtful at all. Most of the overexcited comments are "playing along the hype". Like I previously said this community looks no elithist (while we don't accept streches but rational arguments), not too goofy, not too serious. Both sides complement and we don't derail to real harasment or even threats like somewherelses neither gloomy mood. Equilibrium. We're playing a little, using as therapy for escaping horrible news worldwide (...). Im enjoying this moment with you all.

Now with the internet, and if they have the intention of keep Shenmue as a multimedia thing, perhaps a good idea would be doing streams in Youtube with the news.
Many companies do that now and increase communication with consumers, I think is a good way, you can inform of all the news of the IP, the status of things, etc.
They can give it a name, "Shenmue-news" for example, and do it every 3 months or so.

Thinking of it, I believe that they should really do it, well done, of course.

I mean, if they are working with Yu (which it looks like they are), then yes, they should have.

And that's a normal marketing strategy? Seems pretty amateur to me.

Those single comments and likes, which have cost them nothing, have generated a huge amount of free PR, a shit load of articles on major news publication sites, traffic to their own website (and by proxy their other games), and have created a lot of hype for Shenmue.

And then they will be yesterday news by... well, they already are! Is it going to translate into much in terms of gaining them longterm attention and gaining them sales for that game they're working on that I have already forgotten what it's called? Seems doubtful. No one other than us will still be talking about them next week.

Yet again, people seem to be getting pissed off at 110 Industries, which I don't think is valid. Yes, if in the future nothing comes of this, and it turns out they were using Shenmue IV to build their name, get free articles which they are funnelling into their other projects, then yes, hate them all you want

I'm not pissed off at them per se, I just don't really understand the point or their strategy here. Their best strategy now would be to trickle out little hints and leak rumours along the way (and I mean in a different way than simply "liking" tweets). If there is a strategy and really are involved in Shenmue IV...

I'm not pissed off at them per se, I just don't really understand the point or their strategy here. Their best strategy now would be to trickle out little hints and leak rumours along the way (and I mean in a different way than simply "liking" tweets). If there is a strategy and really are involved in Shenmue IV...
There was no strategy when the "Hey guess what" neither the likes. Forget this, I correct: that was the strategy in fact start a teasing BlueBoxesque thing. Totally masochist, amateurish but also seems to have a niche.
The japanese part of the deal called in said nope we'll do it our way, you may finance us but Im Yu Suzuki and this is S4... I can put it on hold and eventually someone will come out and enjoy the ENORMOUS BENEFITS and you wont see a penny.
Then the real oldschool proffesional strategy sets in: No Comments. Until the anime finale. You'll see
Im repeating myself.

Last edited:
In my "deep wishes" I imagine a trailer starting with some shorts flashbacks of Shenmue I, II and III and phrases of Shenhua poem.

After that, something like: "and the journey of the Dragon and the Phoenix goes to the next chapter..."

So, they would show a beautiful 3d version of Mianshan-like city:

MianshanTemples.jpg

MianshanCliffwalk.jpg

Shenmue IV TBA or 2024 😁

I'd love the trailer to start where you only hear footsteps, then zoom out of the great wall, then we see their feet walking, music starts to kick in and then we see our beloved characters slowly approaching the cliff temple and city. Fade to black. With a single cherry clossom falling over the screen. Shenmue IV logo. A Ys net and 110Industries collaboration. TBA. Something simple to start. :)

I know it was your tweet, Jobi ! 😊
And this one's mine :

View attachment 14902

...But it seems they don't get irony :sneaky:
I saw that thumbed it up straight away! :) "Guys wait in line, please, there's too many franchises people want to resurrect," so are they insinuating that they're working on a already requested franchise? 😂

They liked this one. Cool !

View attachment 14900
You gotta be kidding me this is preposterous! I realise thats a like and not a comment but its liking "let the rumours btrue", they won't make any comment but thats almost a comment, ungh. Suzuki-san and YSNET tombstone mode on lmao.
You now what? thats little teasing, pecata minuta and I prefer it against a full silent void of no clues.

(clip deleted due to misleading people to Suzuki-san announcing S4. My apologies)

An, an, an 🎶
Tottemo daisuki🎵
Yu Suzuki🎶

Last edited:
You gotta be kidding me this is preposterous! I realise thats a like and not a comment but its liking "let the rumours btrue", they won't make any comment but thats almost a comment, ungh. Suzuki-san and YSNET tombstone mode on lmao.
You now what? thats little teasing, pecata minuta and I prefer it against a full silent void of no clues.

(clip deleted due to misleading people to Suzuki-san announcing S4. My apologies)

An, an, an 🎶
Tottemo daisuki🎵
Yu Suzuki🎶
They're more or less confirming that it is happening at this rate but the worst part is we as a community can't celebrate until they officially confirm it by mouth, I got bottles getting warm here! 😂

I will infer that reply as saying that, currently, Shenmue's continuation was the priority for them.

Shenmue III did fine and turned a profit, even if it wasn't to Deep Silvers liking. It didn't garner $7M+ because of a fluke. The market is there.

Sega saw renewed interest enough to release the HD versions(and license the anime, I assume).

Lots of good things here that bode well for the franchise to continue and hopefully conclude the way it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back