110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love the trailer to start where you only hear footsteps, then zoom out of the great wall, then we see their feet walking, music starts to kick in and then we see our beloved characters slowly approaching the cliff temple and city. Fade to black. With a single cherry clossom falling over the screen. Shenmue IV logo. A Ys net and 110Industries collaboration. TBA. Something simple to start. :)
Something like this (starting on 1:00):

Something like this (starting on 1:00):
You are amazing! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Exactly like this! With the extra shenmue tibits and theme song but we can obviously use our imaginations (for now) ๐Ÿ”ฅ picture that kind of trailer using this as an outline on your screen but in shenmue's world ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Pals, you're fooling no one. You just want: anime ending credits cuts to an office. first shot detail of early S4 cover held by Yu's hand. Camera shift to him, medium shot and he smiles and say "Behold. Here it comes"

Pals, you're fooling no one. You just want: anime ending credits cuts to an office. first shot detail of early S4 cover held by Yu's hand. Camera shift to him, medium shot and he smiles and say "Behold. Here it comes"
Not going to lie, that would be awesome. :) Yu popping up after the very last episode with an announcement, a logo and early screens if he has got that far with the project that is. I love where shenmue is currently at, it's future is brighter than its ever been and I'm all for the ride it's on with my fellow fans . ๐Ÿ‘

I honestly think they're just drumming up free press lol. They're probably just working on something with Suzuki as a consultant and knew this way of operating is a sure-fire way to get free advertising from a passionate group.

I honestly think they're just drumming up free press lol. They're probably just working on something with Suzuki as a consultant and knew this way of operating is a sure-fire way to get free advertising from a passionate group.
Short answer: No
More elaborated answer:
110 Industries is the finger and Master Yu is the moon. Should I recall that we knew about Saturn Shenmue and Oldman & Peach Tree afaik just because he wanted? Even Shenmue 3 early development?
The anime final episode it's a fade to black to the series, Yu already reminded us "he won't give up", something have to be done. Then all this happens. Too much timing, too many species in the sauce.
Dont worry my fellow dojo partner, I got exactly what you need to boost that stamina:
Yu Suzuki's Early Days in Manga Form! Part 1/3 | Scanlation by Daniel Mann
Mark Tuesday, May 3rd, 2022 in your calendar. Let's stand at 19:30 (Japan hour).
Let's hope we share some virtual hug that day.
#LetsGetShenmueIV

I think it's looking really positive, and my brain has it tagged at ~70% likely it's S4, but we've got to exercise some patience. If an announcement is coming I'd expect it to come at a big event/show like Summer Games Fest or TGS, and to not specifically coincide with the end of the anime. Gamers and the games press aren't paying attention to that date, and announcements are all about maximising impact.

It goes without saying but this isn't something they're going to just quietly announce in a tweet reply. It's fun to poke at them and see what they come back with, but they aren't going to give anything away until they're ready.

That's a long way of saying that, despite them deciding to tease this now, we shouldn't be sitting on the edge of our seats expecting an announcement to drop at any second. To them, starting to tease 2, 3, 4 months before an announcement could be part of their plan.

It will be better to remove the gamble system and enhance the profit of other mini-game system in S4
The gamble system is too powerful in S2 and S3, which makes other mini-game system useless

I'd expect it to come at a big event/show like Summer Games Fest or TGS,

To be fair, announcements and/or trailers don't really need to coincide with big events anymore. Sure, it can have a bigger impact, but then there's also a reason why Nintendo has gone down the Nintendo Direct route and why E3 has been cancelled this year after years of declining interest.

I also, much as I love the franchise, don't think a Shenmue IV announcement is really the kind of "OMG moment" that people think it is and is likely to get lost in the shuffle if it's announced at a big event.

To be fair, announcements and/or trailers don't really need to coincide with big events anymore. Sure, it can have a bigger impact, but then there's also a reason why Nintendo has gone down the Nintendo Direct route and why E3 has been cancelled this year after years of declining interest.

I also, much as I love the franchise, don't think a Shenmue IV announcement is really the kind of "OMG moment" that people think it is and is likely to get lost in the shuffle if it's announced at a big event.

To a point I think it's also where the announcement is positioned in an event with appropriate introduction. Say it opened/closed the event people would remember it. If it's hyped up appropriately then it can fit nicely.

The biggest issue is that it won't have the shock factor 3 did which was a different ball game

S3 is the miracle, S4 is a sequel of S3 miracle

I don't expect them to answer directly, or else it would be the announcement, but their cryptic messages are fun to read and are keeping up the hype.

Exciting times for us fans ! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Every message they post is cryptic. It's also interesting/strange and I've said this a few times how they still haven't shut the rumor down or dismissed it yet. Especially with the now added pressure of the fans that keep asking about it. They'll keep skipping around everything until it's time. Definitely an exciting time for all of us. Imagine 10 years ago none of this would be happening. Without a doubt it's the best position we and the franchise is in. :)

Announcing it at any kind of event whatsoever (like a Direct, for example) would still get more eyeballs on it than announcing it when the anime finishes, though. I agree it's not an earth-shattering announcement for the average gamer, but the reception will all depend on how good it looks.

They can't just put a logo out there and expect people to go berserk. After S3's mixed reception they've gotta come out swinging, with a polished trailer that says "S4 is a step up from S3".

They can't just put a logo out there and expect people to go berserk. After S3's mixed reception they've gotta come out swinging, with a polished trailer that says "S4 is a step up from S3".
Yeah, that I definitely agree with. The announcement has to occur with something that demonstrates Shenmue is still a big deal and that this will be a step up from Shenmue 3.

so turns out our meme @Jibby is a great work.

They could have at least liked my tweet though. Disappointed. lol Going around liking everyone else shit. Atleast mine had some humor.

-_-

I think it's looking really positive, and my brain has it tagged at ~70% likely it's S4
By my calculations its closer to the range 89% S4, 19% Yu's new game (or 110ind. seppuku)

Gamers and the games press aren't paying attention to that date, and announcements are all about maximising impact.
Im aware of few reporters with a taste for Shenmue who are indeed paying attention, but same like some of us. They certainly don't have special infor from the inside.
I thought same about making big announces in tweets when pre-covid world and back then we really had politicians reacting over trending topics and making big announces in twitter in detriment of the traditional media or heck, the congress.
This has gotten worse since. But its true were talking game industry here, so used to multitudinary events... idk i just dont know.
Serious question about impact. In this days is really a different impact announcing expo event, speculation unleash vs tweet anounce out of thin air and everybody "They confirmed it", in a few minutes everybody catches.
And while i feel compelled to not sitting at the edge, what if everyone go quiet and someone thinks "idk theres isn much buzz out there... maybe this is not such a good investment".
Im not implying people calling for caution are cooling this down, its my very own paranoia.

Last edited:
I do genuinely think something is in the pipeline but what it is, I honestly have no idea. There's been subtle hints/teases when for example we look at Yu's famitsus revolution interviews.

Lets look at 2020's first. The keyword for that year was "a new project start" and his new year resolution was "To leverage my know-how from Shenmue III and focus on planning a world with even more freedom." From what we've seen via twitter 110industries are into making/creating RPG's (Wanted: Dead & Vengeance Is Mine) and judging by the screens/early footage they have posted when possible there's huge areas to explore which makes me think there were early discussions here between the two. They (110) also recently said they "love yu, and think his amazing" so they would respect any opinion or advice he would be willing to share on their developed world's.

Next we look at 2021's. Keyword for last year was "Shooting / RPG." Bearing in mind he was appearing at their TGS event around this time, their two projects like I said above iis wanted: dead and vengeance is mine both shooting/RPGs they were also looking for a "legendary player" to join their studio. Yu was I believe at one point in an advisory/consultant role in his final years with sega, this also makes me think he jumped at the opportunity to jump to 110 to "leverage his know how". This also makes me think that shenmue IV was also likely discussed at this time. Hence "Guess Why he was at our stream ๐Ÿ˜…" One of his new year resolutions was to "look back at competitive fighting games" not too sure about this one ๐Ÿ˜… and the other "the sequel to..." Which to me screams tease if you remember the postmortem GDC event in 2014 when someone asked yu about a possible shenmue 3 the year before it was announced his answer was "..." I believe at this time shenmue IV was secretly greenlit, a publisher was found and agreed to the pitch presented which is where we are currently at. Shenmue 3's requirement of updating fans monthly and early screens/footage is no longer needed or required with this game they can do as they please and handle it the way they want to without the pressure of revealing too much too soon.

Now move on to this year 2022. keyword "Mix" which could imply 110industrys way of expanding and branching their businesses to not only one area, they're providing yu an opportunity and a chance to work with far more freedom with people from many backgrounds with more than one This can also apply to one of his new year resolutions "to work with people from different industries, such as movies and musicians. I want to bring a different style to game making." Work with people from different (Industries = 110industries?) Bearing in mind also they're not limited to one Industrie but putting their hands and feet into many. Also he has worked with many different folk on the recent anime too and maybe he was looking to bring some of them onto a new team of game development, a new bunch of eyes will bring a new feel but also yu will still have total control which will still have it's old charm. And of course the second "I hope to have something to announce this year." This seems coincidental now we have the recent rumours which have yet to be denied or dismissed by the supposed linked company. Instead they continue to like, comment and follow which is the exact opposite. 110industries recently posted a reply on twitter to an eager fan who is also apart of the dojo playfully requested another title: "Guys! Wait in line, please! Thereโ€™s too many franchises people want to resurrect, geez." This immediately struck me whether you guys agree or not that "wait in line" so why is there a line? Are you already working on the said line before possibly moving further along to other games? Think about it? A funny way to respond ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‰

I believe something is coming. I don't know maybe I'm clutching at straws but I think a few things have been overlooked when you piece the puzzle day by day the picture becomes clearer. I think they're definitely worth keeping an eye on now the animes drawing to a close in 2 weeks anything could happen after it concludes or anytime after down the line if yu's 2022 comment of an announcement holds true. I'm just trying to keep speculation going here! I'm trying. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back