110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case this is against TOS please proceed Site Staff, but in my sight is public avaliable info. So
GOTCHA! YOU UNDERCOVER 110 INDUSTRIES CEO! following us on twitter... YOU'VE BEEN UNMASKED
coockoo!.png

Lol thanks

Not going to quote @ShenSun 's big post, but more to his point he made--

One of my wife's favorite game series' was a lesser known niche RPG series called Sacred.

Deep Silver absolutely ruined and killed the franchise with the atrocious Sacred 3 when they acquired the license.

They aren't good folks, even if their gestures seem genuine.

Okay I'll hit deep silver with a stone cold stunner from way back.

The only thing that makes doubt an eventual Shenmue 4 announcement is the "fasten your seatbelt",
on top of yu san talking about wanting to make a new racing game on the 110 industries video last year.
The fruit is what makes me believe here.
But again. It could e a refference to a Yu Suzuki game in a more general sense .
Shenmue fanbase is not that small so ofc they want to grab attention if they are infact working with yu san.
But fasten your seat belt could also mean this could be particularly huge for a certain fanbase 😉😂 They have to come through with something after all those teases & hints. Only time will tell. 👍

Last edited:
Maybe it's Shenmue related without being Shenmue 4 either 🤷
I think this needs to be emphasised, and people need to keep at least a foot on the ground. We have been here before. More than once. If something Shenmue related is announced, but is NOT Shenmue IV, I hope people appreciate it as much as they appreciated the Anime. More Shenmue content is always a good thing, even if its not a 4th instalment.

I think this needs to be emphasised, and people need to keep at least a foot on the ground. We have been here before. More than once. If something Shenmue related is announced, but is NOT Shenmue IV, I hope people appreciate it as much as they appreciated the Anime. More Shenmue content is always a good thing, even if its not a 4th instalment.

Agree with Peter.

Another thing I thought of is that it could even be an extended Shenmue 3 with additional content that was missing from original release (original planned ending, fleshed out story NPCs etc). That'd still be hella cool!

Shenmue 3 is already here. I don't think they're going to go through the effort to change it now when all yu would want to do is get the story one step closer to the finish line. The letter at the end of the 3rd game more or less confirmed this that now he'll leave that game with us and hopes to spin the tales of ryo & friends further with shenmue IV. As much as I would like a reworked/revamped shenmue 3 I just want to see the next piece of the puzzle now. Any energy this community has needs to focus on going forward with the story and not back over old pages. 👍

Last edited:
Agree with Peter.

Another thing I thought of is that it could even be an extended Shenmue 3 with additional content that was missing from original release (original planned ending, fleshed out story NPCs etc). That'd still be hella cool!

Not without Deep Silver on board, surely?

But yeah, it could be anything really. It might not even be Shenmue related at all. We need tp prepare ourselves for the worst.

No offence, but if my lazy ass can find a PS5 at retail (got one back in January), then anyone can.
I followed two Twitter accounts that tracked ps5 stock and I had one in a week from Sony at regular price. It’s easy to get one if you know where and when to look.

I'm going to break the balloon (sorry for my english).

Ysnet located en Shinagawa-ku, Tokio is a different company.
Not quite.

YsNet's offices are confirmed to be the Ohara-Sanden building in Gotanda, Shinagawa Ward.

Shenmue 3 is already here. I don't think they're going to go through the effort to change it now when all yu would want to do is get the story one step closer to the finish line. The letter at the end of the 3rd game more or less confirmed this that now he'll leave that game with us and hopes to spin the tales of ryo & friends further with shenmue IV. As much as I would like a reworked/revamped shenmue 3 I just want to see the next piece of the puzzle now. Any energy this community has needs to focus on going forward with the story and not back over old pages. 👍
Yeah. Thus it would be a ass for 110 to be able to use the Shenmue 3 brand, since Shenmue 3 is co-detained by Sega and Deep Silver.

I could very well see a Shenmue Spin-Off, maybe bit of a prequel or something like this idk. Maybe a completely different kind of game than Shenmue, but set in the Shenmue universe. Like a fighting game with Shenmue's characters, maybe a point n click, maybe a 2D beat em all. Who knows.

But I guess it would be a strategy to both test the market for the Shenmue brand, to see if it's truly worth investing in the franchise and how much. And also bring in some money to further funds the franchise, since 110 didn't release any game so far, so I don't think they can simply go ahead and put 15-20 millions in a game without the insurance that it will bring something.

Anyway, even though I wish with all my heart the it would be Shenmue 4, I would still be happy to see a new Shenmue game even if it's not S4. Hell, I'll be really happy too if it's a Yu Suzuki's game that isn't related to Shenmue at all.

The only thing that would disappoint me, is if it's not a game from Yu, and that all this teasing is for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back