110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
The buckle up tweet is totally about the Red Goes Faster game. “Buckle up” is self explanatory. The teaser mentions agriculture which is probably the reason for the apple and banana.

My expectation for something Shenmue related just dropped a lot. But that’s probably a good thing. I’m sure Yu Suzuki is involved in Red Goes Faster though.

Red Goes Faster has technically already been announced , that's what leaning me toward Shenmue at this point.
Agreed. Everyone already knows red goes faster is coming. So it's not a big announcement if people already know. "A big announcement is upon us in a couple weeks." Shenmue the anime basically ends in a couple weeks...so I'm more swayed for something shenmue related. The likes, the teases, hints and the follows of shenmue accounts by 110industries plus yu's famitsu interviews over the past 2 years a "sequel too..." and "hope to announce something this year." "Fasten your seat belt" could also mean this is huge for certain fanbase who've been asking for a particular game... You asked, we listened.

Red Goes Faster has technically already been announced , that's what leaning me toward Shenmue at this point.
Well, like we said, it could be a Shenmue universe game, not being Shenmue 4.

We know that Suzuki in the video presentation of 110, that he wanted to make a racing game.

So maybe a Shenmue Forklift Racing game?

I'm just putting it out there now when in a couple weeks shenmue IV is announced because it will be, i demand my thank you's and flowers.🌹💐 😂😉😋 🍎🍌👀🤳

I think chances for a 110 Industries Shenmue 3 Extended Cut or Xbox port are super low.
110 Industries would need a 100% permission from all involved original parties
and probably share some of the revenue because the core product Shenmue 3 doesnt belong to them.
That doesnt really sound like its worth it just for a re release with more content or a new port.

In comparison i think a new Yu Suzuki project is more realistic than that.

I know it's what we do as Shenmue fans, but I really think we're overanalysing the whole 'fasten your seatbelts' thing.
It's just an idiom that means prepare yourself.

Even if Suzuki is involved somehow, I don't get why they'd explicitly tease Shenmue IV in particular, follow it up with the announcement of an announcement (which just so happens to fall around both the anime ending and Shenmue Day), CONTINUE to tease Shenmue IV, and then announce something else entirely.

I know that nothing is a given and we have no way of knowing for sure what's cooking at 110, but I'm not ready to give up on the dream just yet. If I'm wrong, I'll gracefully accept the disappointment, but I'd rather be excited than backtrack now.

Lets get an exercise of imagination, lets think on a Shenmue fan who (because work, family, life in general) hasnt logged into dojo nor checked anything Shenrelated. This fan is totally outsider of the katamari we've seen growin up. This fan is aware of the animation though and somehow reads at some generic news agregator that the Anime season ends may 3rd.
"I'll log into dojo to see what's cooking... it has been a long time since, wondering if something hot unleashed?"
So this fan swallows in short time and in a row every single tweet/hint. keep in mind the anime endind date coincidence.

question: What do you people think this person will be believing?
A) She...shenmu... (faints)
B) Probably just Cooking Mama

I'm going to break the balloon (sorry for my english).

Ysnet located en Shinagawa-ku, Tokio is a different company.
Yeah, this isn’t the same Ys Net. The Yu Suzuki Ys Net is in the area ShenSun pointed out, or at least they have an office space registered in that area. Definitely just a few minutes walk from that hotel, but I suppose a thousand other gaming cos could exist on a block or two in Tokyo.

Last edited:
I know it's what we do as Shenmue fans, but I really think we're overanalysing the whole 'fasten your seatbelts' thing.
It's just an idiom that means prepare yourself.

Even if Suzuki is involved somehow, I don't get why they'd explicitly tease Shenmue IV in particular, follow it up with the announcement of an announcement (which just so happens to fall around both the anime ending and Shenmue Day), CONTINUE to tease Shenmue IV, and then announce something else entirely.

I know that nothing is a given and we have no way of knowing for sure what's cooking at 110, but I'm not ready to give up on the dream just yet. If I'm wrong, I'll gracefully accept the disappointment, but I'd rather be excited than backtrack now.
Well, Maybe they have a Shenmue/Yu Suzuki's project in the boxes that they will announce later this year. But that might not be the announcement where we should "fasten our seatbelts" yet.

Maybe in around two weeks there'll be an announcement that isn't Shenmue nor Suzuki's related. That wouldn't mean that there isn't something else for later tho 👀

Well, Maybe they have a Shenmue/Yu Suzuki's project in the boxes that they will announce later this year. But that might not be the announcement where we should "fasten our seatbelts" yet.

Maybe in around two weeks there'll be an announcement that isn't Shenmue nor Suzuki's related. That wouldn't mean that there isn't something else for later tho 👀
True! But if that were the case though, I'd question just what the heck 110 were thinking by liking tweets such as these:

I dont really think too much about the fasten your seatbelt thing.
We have the same phrase here "schnall dich besser an"
and that just means something like "oh this is gonna be good", "here it comes".
I think we say it more often to hype something up and less often for actual car related stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back