110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
The part about no announcements today is intriguing, why say this way? saying like this it looks like 110 Industries will be announcing a Yu Suzuki project soon.

Let's imagine that this project is not a Shenmue project, why 110 Industries would make the decision to continue with this rumor? if this is not a Shenmue project then 110 Industries can just tweet about this and end with the situation, like Esra said that his project is not a Shenmue Project, but 110 Industries decided to continue with this situation.

110 Industries know that a lot of people are believing that this announcement is Shenmue IV, so if this is not a Shenmue project 110 Industries could just end with the situation.

Maybe next week 110 industries will do the announcement in relation to the banana and apple tweet.

I guess that next week we will finally have the answer we are looking for, if this is a Shenmue project or not.

While I agree with your sentiment, is it also possible Suzuki isn't that bothered with online rumours and conjecture? He seems pretty isolated about such things to be honest unless his staff/reporters or his Daughter are telling him these things.

Again I am not going to pretend to know the guy, but in an interview I saw, leading up to the KS announcement he said for years there were rumours of Shenmue 3 that persisted but didn't know the source of such rumours. He kind of seemed aloof and unfazed by the rumours. I honestly think he sort of goes along to his own drum, especially at this point.
It seems too cynical for me. That's all. I'm not betting the farm on it. I just don't see any other reason to keep this going. An actual business using him to gain publicity for a Ninja Gaiden-esque game that he has nothing to do with? Just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I think Wanted looks pretty cool, but they're not selling too many copies to this community if they're just messing with us. Outside of the Yu Suzuki/Shenmue fan community, who are they drawing in with this stuff?

I think pretty much all "creators" like Kojima, Mikami, Nagoshi, Miyazaki, Rockstar games and so on
refuse to comment on any type of rumor, simply because A) it makes no sense to comment on every daily rumor
because it would be just way too much and the same answer over and over again
and / or B) they dont want to or are not allowed to answer directly because they are not interested in discussions
or the project is actually in the works.

So these creators not commenting on this stuff doesnt mean its clearly situation XYZ.
It can mean a lot of different things

I think pretty much all "creators" like Kojima, Mikami, Nagoshi, Miyazaki, Rockstar games and so on
refuse to comment on any type of rumor, simply because A) it makes no sense to comment on every daily rumor
because it would be just way too much and the same answer over and over again
and / or B) they dont want to or are not allowed to answer directly because they are not interested in discussions
or the project is actually in the works.

So these creators not commenting on this stuff doesnt mean its clearly situation XYZ.
It can mean a lot of different things
While i agree with you i cant see this past 2 weeks as daily rumour. There has been an explosion which reached the game media, this company went balistic liking everything connected to S4... it doesnt use any YS ip but its problematic to say least feeding on other product popularity. I suposse there would be c&d calls etc

Well today was another opportunity for them to dismiss and debunk the rumors of a game/connection to yu but again they drop another tease. It's more or less gauranteed something is coming from them but we don't know what it is for sure...for all we know they could just be trying to finalize a deal or indeed been doing this in secret.

The crossover between Ninja Gaiden and Shenmue fan bases probably isn't very large, even though you could argue DOA and VF fan bases crossed over for a while. I don't see any point in using us or YS to promote a different type of game series. I can definitely accept they're working on a different kind of game with YS, but it's gotta be something involving him.

facts:
- 110 Industries its undercover Chai.
- Chai is malicious and play with his preys minds.
- In Shenmue series, its a gimmick to be called for a place/date/hour just to learn a new waiting for another place/date/hour

So this is tease.
Well played 110 Ind. you almost got me but you don't fool me now.

While i agree with you i cant see this past 2 weeks as daily rumour. There has been an explosion which reached the game media, this company went balistic liking everything connected to S4... it doesnt use any YS ip but its problematic to say least feeding on other product popularity. I suposse there would be c&d calls etc

Its hard to say. I mean there are rumors about Kojima MGS Remake and Silent Hill
or Mikami directing a new RE game and so on as well and they simply refuse to say anything about that.
Most of the time the mindset is 'if there is something to announce, then you will hear about it whens its being announced'.
Yu Suzuki is not gonna open his Twitter every 8 hours just to say theres nothing to announce today.
I mean lets be honest, whatever he would tweet like 'no announcement today' 'i want to make it'
'please be patient' we all would understand this in slightly different ways.
And even if they would feel the need to take some legal action against rumors or whatever,
we would probably not hear anything about it because they would settle it behind closed doors.

So just saying that Yu Suzuki staying silent can mean pretty much anything.

I'm still very much in the "S4 announcement is imminent " camp.

Today was always an anime discussion with an inevitable S4 question or two fired at Yu which regardless of whether the game has been green lit/is in production he likely couldn't answer due to contractual issues, unlike the S3 kickstarter which was essentially his project and therefore his to announce to the world.

I genuinely believe 110i have let this go to far with the liking of tweets, cryptic replies to posts etc. Pissing off an entire fan base of an iconic game is one thing for an individual to do (all those S3 hoaxes over the years) but for an actual player in the video games industry to hype up the fan base and let it get this far down the line without clarifying that they're not involved in S4 is a dick move that isn't exactly going to cover them in glory.

Having another project that involves Yu Suzuki isn't a reason to tease and rile up the ravenous Shenmue fanbase, imo.

Yes, people troll. Yes, you can be set up for disappointment.

However, I see almost zero reason for a new publisher on the horizon to attempt that. It's about as counter-intuitive as you can get and potentially very damaging if it backfires.

You don't tease a larger niche fanbase for the lols when you're trying to make a good name for yourselves.

They also seem to want to be taken seriously in Japan, and I again don't see any value in upsetting or using Yu Suzuki to make a name for themselves. I'm sure they'd turn off quite a few devs. It's not quite like they're just Kotaku generating rumors; they're an actual business that depends on developers.

Anyway, I'm posting too much about stuff I know nothing about.

Well, Sega seem to be teasing something with a ‘?’ on Facebook right now. I have no faith in them for it to be Shenmue 4 (or anything worthwhile).

It's just a heart hand emoji I'm afraid:

T6bxDN5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back