110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has caused you to go "all in" so to speak? Is it solely the expansion possibility?

Usually, you're one of the more cautiously optimistic folks. I'm not knocking you, just wondering what, specifically, has caused the ball to shift into a different court for you?
Just thinking it through logically. It's not a sure thing, but the emerging picture has made me change my mind to some degree.

Shenmue IV was the game YsNet were pitching in early 2020, at some stage between then and May last year they expanded to the point of needing to double their available office space, and now we have a fairly new publisher looking to make waves teasing a collaboration on this very title.

In the absence of knowing what else YsNet might have been pitching, can only realistically conclude someone said yes to Shenmue IV.

YsNet could have had a pitch for something else accepted, but as of right now we don't know if that was a possibility.

Just thinking it through logically. It's not a sure thing, but the emerging picture has made me change my mind to some degree.

Shenmue IV was the game YsNet were pitching in early 2020, at some stage between then and May last year they expanded to the point of needing to double their available office space, and now we have a fairly new publisher looking to make waves teasing a collaboration on this very title.

In the absence of knowing what else YsNet might have been pitching, can only realistically conclude someone said yes to Shenmue IV.

YsNet could have had a pitch for someone else accepted, but as of right now we don't know if that was a possibility.
Have you by any chance, went on reading/watching old Shenmue media and found kind of solid hints all along? because that's my case
Yu Suzuki had the present year as deadline. We're assisting at him reaching on time. Rejoice

Guys, what are yours bets about characters that will debut in Shenmue 4?
Well we know ren and shenhua are already with us.
Lan Di and niao sun are gauranteed.
I reckon another chi you men leader maybe?
Possibly ziming which bring xiuying back into the fold?
Guizhang finally catching up.

Last edited:
If it really is Shenmue IV and that's the reason why they doubled the team, imagine the consequences for the gameplay and the structure of the in-game world.

A fully developed city in the scope of Niaowu with lots of lots of new gameplay and story... More cutscenes and last but not least a refined fighting system. :cool::love: And than small but atmospheric villages or something completely new... Maybe a martial arts temple-site with inner political struggles and intrigue .....Ahhh stop it, its killing me.o_O:coffee:

Anyone ever wondered if ryo might change his martial arts style in a future game? I mean we did get a glimpse when he practiced tai chi outside the cave in shenmue 2?

It would become the holy grail of my life if we get a segment ala Deliverance segment we play a monk at a huge abbey but swapping to Shenmu lore. Its a really deep segment with neat mechanics (trust/mistrust, following the rules etc). And if we run into a action scene ascending floors, fighting a martial artist and we adapting our style in concordance...

Or he discovers a Zen-Buddhist Monastery that reminds him of his own culture. The master gives him a Zen-Koan. Illogical riddles to free the mind from thought.

The Koan goes like this: What is the sound of one hand clapping? And Ryo after days of days of trying to solve the Koan approaches the Master and gives following answer: "I SEE"... and the Master is very pleased with it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'll say this. If this turns out to be Shenmue 4 and YS NET has more staff and similar budget with the strong foundation they have from 3, I will not be as lenient this time. When 3 came out I had to curb a ton of my disappointments against the fact of its limited production, however, I say 4 had better be really fucking good to win me over. I will not excuse a Shenmue 4 under the above circumstances, as I did for 3.

Now this may sound moronic but when i play the "let guess" game about Shenmue plot foreseighting, among VF RPG/Berkley elements i follow the 1997? blockbuster The Lion King. I cant avoid the feeling of S5 being a return to Yokosuka and huge nostalgic revival. Megumi 8yrs old :love: sweet angel
chai
9e1df0ad74b7b751057a735c7f8a48ea.jpg

If it really is Shenmue IV and that's the reason why they doubled the team, imagine the consequences for the gameplay and the structure of the in-game world.

A fully developed city in the scope of Niaowu with lots of lots of new gameplay and story... More cutscenes and last but not least a refined fighting system. :cool::love: And than small but atmospheric villages or something completely new... Maybe a martial arts temple-site with inner political struggles and intrigue .....Ahhh stop it, its killing me.o_O:coffee:
This is partly why I'm coming round to believing it's Shenmue IV.

Not that other YsNet projects wouldn't benefit from an increased staff size, nor do I believe they'd stop using freelance and outsourced talent (because that's what most development environments are like now, so why not), but Shenmue has a ton of components that really demand enough people to be siloed off into individual teams to make them flourish mechanically and build interesting content.

Shenmue III had YsNet taking on the unenviable task of rebuilding a type of game from scratch that took several hundred to create in the 90s, with around 30-40 people and not all of them on full time basis. Modern technology can only help so much, and while I think they did an admirable job under the circumstances, it's clear they were stretched thin.

Game productions also tend to scale up through development, and Shenmue IV is the only YS project I could imagine demanding a fairly immediate hiring of extra staff even in the early prototype phase. Wouldn't take any of what I'm saying as gospel, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back