110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are yours bets about characters that will debut in Shenmue 4?

If Yu-san didn't cut it from the story then i think we will see the other leaders of The Chi You Men, Gentei (Xuan Di) and Koutei (Hao Di) and the mastermind behind everything, Tentei. I think is possible that we will see this characters in Shenmue IV.

We will probably see Ziming as well.

We will probably see a character similar to Lei-Fei of VF, i imagine that a Shaolin Monk will be the next master of Ryo in Luoyang or in a place near Luoyang, maybe in Dengfeng.

I hope we can see in Shenmue IV this characters and the places Luoyang, Shaolin temple, Dengfeng, Pagoda Forest and many other beautiful places.

1650747273716.png

1650744389406.png

1650744722189.png

If Yu-san didn't cut it from the story then i think we will see the other leaders of The Chi You Men, Gentei (Xuan Di) and Koutei (Hao Di) and the mastermind behind everything, Tentei. I think is possible that we will see this characters in Shenmue IV.

We will probably see Ziming as well.

We will probably see a character similar to Lei-Fei of VF, i imagine that a Shaolin Monk will be the next master of Ryo in Luoyang or in a place near Luoyang, maybe in Dengfeng.

I hope we can see in Shenmue IV this characters and the places Luoyang, Shaolin temple, Dengfeng, Pagoda Forest and many other beautiful places.

Amazing! Thanks

img_957_d20131009115404.jpg

img_728_d20131009115413.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing! Thanks

img_957_d20131009115404.jpg

img_728_d20131009115413.jpg

There is a good chance that we will see Pagoda Forest in Shenmue IV, i really hope we can see this place in the game.

I know a lot of things changed since VF RPG, but in my opinion when Yu-san changed VF RPG to Shenmue he decided to continue with the same main journey, this is why Ryo learn Bajiquan moves, this is why we can see in Shenmue many connections with VF in my opinion.

Yu Suzuki in Pagoda Forest and Akira Yuki in Pagoda Forest.

Would be so nice to see Ryo meditating in some of these beautiful places, i will love that. 🧘‍♀️

1650748614525.png

Oh, i forgot about Ming Ming, i want to see Ming Ming as well.

I kind of gave up hope on a 4 so this shit better not of brought me back into the hopium phase only to let me down.

I'll say this. If this turns out to be Shenmue 4 and YS NET has more staff and similar budget with the strong foundation they have from 3, I will not be as lenient this time. When 3 came out I had to curb a ton of my disappointments against the fact of its limited production, however, I say 4 had better be really fucking good to win me over. I will not excuse a Shenmue 4 under the above circumstances, as I did for 3.
I'm also gonna echo this, i mean i still stand shenmue 3 is like a solid 7 on the lower end for me even without the curve so I still like it. But it absolutely has alot of disappointing aspects that I sort of let slide slightly under the pretense of they can iron em out with another game. The big issue I think that actually hurt 3 was more just going too big with too little, sitting on it for a few years I kind of came to the conclusion that doing both the village and the city just left both of them feeling less complete and the smarter option really should of been to focus in on that village section and flesh it out similarly to how 1 did with its setting. It would make it feel like the plot still stagnated but hey 3 already felt like that even with it going past it.

I also think 3 suffered from trying to be 1 and 2 when it really should of just been its own thing. Like for example if 4 was more of an adventure game or something it'd at least be something you cant as easily directly compare and subsequently feel is weaker than the originals. 4 should really just go buck wild and be something new, my memory of the story outline is hazy but wasnt there some chapter involving a trip on a train, that could be a really cool setting fleshing out the different stops and whatnot.

Last edited:
With the fourth game they’re going to have to do a better job at conveying a sense of progression. I felt progression in the first two. I felt I was getting closer. Guy killed my father.. Who is he? Chinese… Where do Chinese people hang out? Bars. Group called the Mad Angels.. Leader is Terry.. They’ve gone to Hong Kong. How am I getting to Hong Kong?

And the second game was the same but amped up to 11. I never felt like I was just spinning my wheels. And I always felt like Lan Di was just a few steps ahead of Ryo.

The third game slowed that down to a snails pace. And that’s fine if you make it memorable. Shenmue 3 just wasn’t memorable to me. There were certain parts. But nothing like the backwards Chinese…Father's Heaven, Nine Dragons. Mother's Earth, Comrades… the dojo’s hidden room. And the second game was just epic all around. So many meaningful events happened. Wong stealing the bookbag. The recording of the bird. Do Niu chasing Ryo and Ren. Even freaking airing out books and catching leaves were fun! And I’ve never had an experience as cerebral as when Ryo gets to the rooftop of the Yellow Head Building and stares Lan Di down.

Shenmue 4 needs to be a spiritual sequel to Shenmue 2. I don’t know if anything will top the scale of Hong Kong and Kowloon though.

More office space is encouraging but I'd be hesitant to jump to conclusions like the team has doubled in size...

This is well-trodden ground but I don't really buy into the "S3 is so much slower than the other games" thing. It's not, it's just not as compelling. The story and characters we do get just fall short, so it feels like it drags in places because it's just not as interesting from a narrative perspective. Where it shines is in the training aspect, and establishing a daily routine with all the non-essential stuff -- but for many that's not what they're here for.

More beautiful photos of Shaolin Temple located in the region of Song Mountain, Dengfeng city, Henan Province. Dengfeng city was one of the places that Yu Suzuki went in his trip to China that time.

I can already imagine this beautiful place in Shenmue IV.

I can feel with all my heart that the banana and apple is about Shenmue IV. Please 110 Industries, please announce Shenmue IV after the last episode of the anime, thank you. 🍌🍎

1650767382549.png

Entrance gate to Shaolin temple

1650768133811.png

1650768496372.png

Who else thinks a large time skip is necessary if Ryo were to stand a chance against Lan Di in a fight? Imagine if we get to play as a thirty-something bearded Ryo who spent years training in martial arts in Shenmue 5.
This definitely seems like the most logical outcome. Based on Shenmue 3’s storytelling though, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Ryo simply learns a special move to defeat Lan Di. The reverse reverse body check or something stupid like that.

I don’t think a large time skip like that will happen, maybe a 2 year timeskip, but thirty-something bearded Ryo i just don't see this happening.

Body check and Reverse body check are not the same move, it is like saying that Elbow Assault and Counter Elbow Assault are the same. Ryo will probably learn the other Bajiquan moves and will be similar to Akira, maybe a 2 year time skip will happen.

This definitely seems like the most logical outcome. Based on Shenmue 3’s storytelling though, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Ryo simply learns a special move to defeat Lan Di. The reverse reverse body check or something stupid like that.
Swallow Dive!!! 2!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back