110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this rumor still a viable possibility as of now? Nothing squashed so far?
It is certainly viable. No one knows how much though. There's been no serious info that has quashed the possibility yet, imo.

Sonic Frontiers better be amazing. Theyve got such a hot franchise right now and such bad games. Should’ve moved heaven and earth to just find a competent developer to make it.
I will genuinely be annoyed if Frontiers is as mediocre as Forces was. That game was just insulting, just as well we had Mania that year as well…

Sonic Frontiers better be amazing. Theyve got such a hot franchise right now and such bad games. Should’ve moved heaven and earth to just find a competent developer to make it.

I'm actually pretty damn hyped for Frontiers. It helps though that I enjoy "mediocre" 3D Sonic titles (yes, even Lost World and Forces - can't comment on '06 though, as I've never played it).

Well they learned one lesson at least and didn't make it arbitrarily release for the 30th anniversary when it wasn't ready.

Forces wasn't released in time for the 25th anniversary either...

I think I get it guys ! Pieces came together.
Shenmue 4 will be announced... On April 29th, and NOT after episode 13.

Just think about it.
101 Industries's main event is TGS Tokyo, since they are specialized in producing japanese videogames. They announced all their projects in Tokyo up to now.

And :
- Their CEO is in Tokyo
- Esra Krabbe is in Tokyo and recently pinned his forecoming announcement of a secret project in 2022 he worked on for 2 years (so from the time Cedric said Yu was seeking for a production team, then everyone went silent after that). Esra's tweet comes with a shenmuesque drawing from a Shenmue fan & artist
- 110 said they would announce a new project in the next few weeks, teasing the apple & banana.

Finally, as we knew but didn't link to Shenmue IV since it was animation related :
- Yokosuka city announced a Livestream event with Masaya Matsukaze, Yu Suzuki, Yu Kiyozono, Esra Krabbe (29 April, 2022 at 6pm JST).

Screenshot_20220426-224420_Chrome.jpg

Organizer could have been Sega, or Ysnet, or the Animation company, but no, once again comes this mysterious "Shenmue Project", which I am sure will be announced that night.

Yu Suzuki + Esra Krabbe's teasing + Sergei's teasing = your announcement date !

Last edited:
^I actually think that organizer chart works against your point. It’s the local Yokosuka attraction/tourist committee organizing it with the official cooperation of Shenmue Project and IGN Japan. I doubt they’d “hijack” the event to make an announcement when the whole point will be to promote the anime and how it brought Yokosuka, etc to life.

I don’t like to be a Debbie-downer, but that’s how I’m interpreting that. We might, if we are lucky, get a question to Yu such as “What are you working on now?”

^I actually think that organizer chart works against your point. It’s the local Yokosuka attraction/tourist committee organizing it with the official cooperation of Shenmue Project and IGN Japan. I doubt they’d “hijack” the event to make an announcement when the whole point will be to promote the anime and how it brought Yokosuka, etc to life.

I don’t like to be a Debbie-downer, but that’s how I’m interpreting that. We might, if we are lucky, get a question to Yu such as “What are you working on now?”

It wouldn't be hijacking to me.
The evening should be about Shenmue as much as about Yokosuka.
The more Shenmue there will be, the more publicity for Yokosuka.
The news of Shenmue 4's announcement will be everywhere on the internet, so if it says it was announced at a "Yokosuka event" its at their advantage.

Just wait for Sergei's pictures from that town in 2 days ! 😃

My two cents: I'll enjoy better a second season on the animation that covers S3's plot and then move on with S4 than replay S3 before S4 is out. I love S3 for what it was for the franchise but not that much as a game. And the plot was not that much so I wouldn't mind if it was retckoned in a season 2 of the animation.
(love to read all the crazy theories about 110 industries BTW)

Organizer could have been Sega, or Ysnet, or the Animation company, but no, once again comes this mysterious "Shenmue Project", which I am sure will be announced that night.

Yu Suzuki + Esra Krabbe's teasing + Sergei's teasing = your announcement date !

I think it’s possible there could be an announcment at this event, but ‘Shenmue Project’ likely only refers to the anime production and nothing more. A lot of anime series use the ‘project’ tag in their promotional materials, just like the Shenmue Project.

Take a look at the key art from another anime series for an example.
5FF3D6E9-1EA4-45FA-963D-C67E47B9A29F.png

My two cents: I'll enjoy better a second season on the animation that covers S3's plot and then move on with S4 than replay S3 before S4 is out. I love S3 for what it was for the franchise but not that much as a game. And the plot was not that much so I wouldn't mind if it was retckoned in a season 2 of the animation.
(love to read all the crazy theories about 110 industries BTW)
I am 100% against any reconning that will mess with the continuity of the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back