110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
dying-monkey-dying.gif

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/05/sadly-there-are-currently-no-plans-for-shenmue-4#comments

The media are so useless. It must be nice to get paid a good salary just to lie and misreport everything. Zero accountability or responsibility. Just release whatever you want regardless of the truth.

Sadly, we live in an era where common sense and critical thinking is long dead. People read whatever online and believe it as fact without doing their own research. The scary thing is they will repeat this misinformation in real life believing they came to those conclusions on their own. How nuts is that?

The news industry, especially in gaming, has fallen quite far from what it used to be. In this very case, you can clearly see that they're not reporting on any new information, but it seems that they're trying to drive this narrative about Shenmue IV. Any reason why is unknown to me. Maybe they want something to write about to meet some kind of quota, but it's definately gotten lazy and unimagative.

Not to be a smartass, but I admit I'm smirking that one or two who suggested to me that we must "keep the faith" are now the quickest to lose hope and discourage the rest. Maybe we all ought to post our personal timelines on which length and degree of hope is acceptable in all situations :coffee:

More charitably/seriously... to my mind, the probability of an S4 by means of 110 is hardly different from what we were thinking two weeks ago, despite the excitement/disappointment for each of us individually. They continue to ebb and flow with their Shenmue likes on twitter, and they've teased more pointedly some possibilities of something (key word) with Suzuki. I admit: if that's a lie, their move is probably a bridge too far for maintaining professionalism.

Two points I keep in mind here:
a. The Dojo built much of this grand timeline for itself. (Not to rehash it, but even the "couple of weeks" literalism-- as a language teacher myself, I think it quite possible the 110 tweet manager doesn't speak English as a native language, and maybe the idiom could be lost for those desiring absolute prescriptive linguistics.)
b. The market, and likely 110 included, frankly doesn't care about our personal timelines of satisfaction. If anything, they profit from the built anticipation of us dogs biting our own (often self-inflicted) wounds. I don't respect that mentality at all, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist (or work).

TL;DR, I maintain what I've said all along: we've little to no confirmation, but the "copium vibes" of the thread don't change what 110 may or may not have been doing before the "hopium" was handed out in these parts. We may get S4, we may not; 110 may be assholes, they may not. That doesn't change simply because you ran out of hope three hours or ago or because you developed it 3 days ago.

Man..what a rough day. All the things I wanted to happen didn't happen. It really bugs me when companies say stuff but don't actually stick to it. I'm not talking about Shenmue IV because they never said the announcement was Shenmue IV or even the quote 'guess why he was at our stream' I felt was abit read too much into it. I feel that they meant that 'Yu has been talking about Shenmue IV with them but it's not happening yet.

'We have an announcement to make this year ' or 'we have an announcement to make soon' would have have been better. We would wait like we did for Shenmue 3. Maybe 110 industries will reveal what it is tomorrow or next week so I'm sorry for my rant. Like others here, I've been patient and will continue to do so. Maybe something happened? Maybe they felt it was too early? Kingdom Hearts 3 director said that he felt the game was announced too early. I'm getting a bad feeling we have all gotten too excited.

I'm sure Shenmue 4 will happen one day though but I hope 110 industries reveals why they have been liking a few 'Shenmue IV' tweets. Are they making it or not? I wonder what's going on...

Last edited:
Not to be a smartass, but I admit I'm smirking that one or two who suggested to me that we must "keep the faith" are now the quickest to lose hope and discourage the rest. Maybe we all ought to post our personal timelines on which length and degree of hope is acceptable in all situations :coffee:

More charitably/seriously... to my mind, the probability of an S4 by means of 110 is hardly different from what we were thinking two weeks ago, despite the excitement/disappointment for each of us individually. They continue to ebb and flow with their Shenmue likes on twitter, and they've teased more pointedly some possibilities of something (key word) with Suzuki. I admit: if that's a lie, their move is probably a bridge too far for maintaining professionalism.

Two points I keep in mind here:
a. The Dojo built much of this grand timeline for itself. (Not to rehash it, but even the "couple of weeks" literalism-- as a language teacher myself, I think it quite possible the 110 tweet manager doesn't speak English as a native language, and maybe the idiom could be lost for those desiring absolute prescriptive linguistics.)
b. The market, and likely 110 included, frankly doesn't care about our personal timelines of satisfaction. If anything, they profit from the built anticipation of us dogs biting our own (often self-inflicted) wounds. I don't respect that mentality at all, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist (or work).

TL;DR, I maintain what I've said all along: we've little to no confirmation, but the "copium vibes" of the thread don't change what 110 may or may not have been doing before the "hopium" was handed out in these parts. We may get S4, we may not; 110 may be assholes, they may not. That doesn't change simply because you ran out of hope three hours or ago or because you developed it 3 days ago.

Lol surree. 🍌

Anyway, you guys and gals keep the hope. It may not come now, but we just had a very successful anime. The series is very much alive. Lets look forward to the next couple of weeks and then the major gaming events throughout the summer. Yu suzuki has stated he's announcing something this year. Just a waiting game now. Either way, this thread has been a blast with all of you

Hope to see all of you on the shenmue day stream later today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back