110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

I don't know. All I've seen is that nondescript teaser and the summary. We don't even know that it's a YS game. If it were, somehow, Shenmue with a racing component instead of a fighting component, though, would that seem that odd? I don't think so. Just swap out fighting for racing, then let us explore the environments/wherever the game takes place. Since it's set in the future/space, I assume it'll be more like WipeOut than a regular racer. Seems like an ok concept for a game. I don't have any problem with it so far.
Since it's set in the future/space, I assume it'll be more like WipeOut than a regular racer. Seems like an ok concept for a game.
Yeah... the way you explained it doesnt sound too far from existing games and anime IPs. Probably i was wearing the "this seems off" googles. And many other plots woul fall in there.

If it were, somehow, Shenmue with a racing component instead of a fighting component, though, would that seem that odd? I don't think so.
Also agree. This is food for thought: in S1, if you play rushing to Lan Di only with the minimum training/etcs to progress the story... to me its Disc 1: short Intro/Prologue, Disc 2: The races, Disc 3: The races II + HangOn + epilogue.
A bit more weight given on that segment and it would had been a fully fledged drive rpg.

That's an interesting way to look at it. Yeah, I can imagine an Adventure RPG Racer. I'm sure one already exists if I try to look for it, but I'd be open to that type of game provided it looks good. I don't find space as interesting a setting as 1980s Japan/Hong Kong or any other real life locale, though.

That's an interesting way to look at it. Yeah, I can imagine an Adventure RPG Racer. I'm sure one already exists if I try to look for it, but I'd be open to that type of game provided it looks good. I don't find space as interesting a setting as 1980s Japan/Hong Kong or any other real life locale, though.
... yes. i love space settings but to me doesnt stand against asian ambient.
... you sold me the drive rpg idea. now i kind of want it. grrr

Yu Suzuki working with Genki on a new Tokyo Xtreme Racer will make me pretty hyped

My favorite racer of all time!!

Yu Suzuki working with Genki on a new Tokyo Xtreme Racer will make me pretty hyped

Chicago is a very silly name for spanish ears. i wont translate but lmao
Oh am im being disrispectful? You americans first came here after The Maine and named a place Moron of the Frontier. haha
So shut up and dance.
Ah, TXR was a neat racer yes

Soleil (the developer behind Wanted: dead) is also working on a game with 110 industries called 'Vengeance is Mine' and is set to release in 2022 (though on 110 industries's facebook they state 2023), but it has nearly no info and no gameplay footage. I know a certain someone who wants some vengeance......
1652241959901.png

Also Soleil is advertising for a game programmer with unreal 4 experience and asking them to program NPCs....OHHHH MMAAAA GGAAWWWWDDDDD.......I hear Shenmue likes NPCs.

1652242054910.png

1652242041191.png

Have at it. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Soleil (the developer behind Wanted: dead) is also working on a game with 110 industries called 'Vengeance is Mine' and is set to release in 2022 (though on 110 industries's facebook they state 2023), but it has nearly no info and no gameplay footage. I know a certain someone who wants some vengeance......
View attachment 15641

Also Soleil is advertising for a game programmer with unreal 4 experience and asking them to program NPCs....OHHHH MMAAAA GGAAWWWWDDDDD.......I hear Shenmue likes NPCs.

View attachment 15643

View attachment 15642

Have at it. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

"Soleil" is the European title for the Genesis game Crusader of Centy. In CoC, the main character has the power to talk to animals. In Shenmue, Shenhua has the same power. Therefore, Shenmue IV!

Keep the spirits up troopers!
It may not be today, it may not be tomorrow but there will be a day when shenmue fans, believers and non believers alike, will be enjoying a new shenmue game by Yu Suzuki and everyone will forget the little silly things that make us different and finally will be together under the same sukajan.

The story goes on
but only if we don't give up like little $#!7$.

Keep the spirits up troopers!
It may not be today, it may not be tomorrow but there will be a day when shenmue fans, believers and non believers alike, will be enjoying a new shenmue game by Yu Suzuki and everyone will forget the little silly things that make us different and finally will be together under the same sukajan.

The story goes on
but only if we don't give up like little $#!7$.
Your posting reminded me of this short clip :ROFLMAO:... (around 30seconds in)

Keep up the hopium!

Same, 2 is my favourite racing game of all-time and I adore it to pieces (especially with all the things it has in common with Wangan Midnight, one of my favourite animes).

Thanks to 2, my wife and I rented a car to drive the Wangan, when we went to Japan. It was glorious! :D

Driving on the left side of the road is terrifying, and I’ve only done that in the UK. Can’t imagine doing it in Japan. *shriek*

I went back and watched the teaser. The cars look more like futuristic F1 cars than Wipeout vehicles so there’s that. I was hoping I could catch a glimmer of an Easter egg if I really paid close attention but not sure there’s anything there.

Last edited:
Driving on the left side of the road is terrifying, and I’ve only done that in the UK. Can’t imagine doing it in Japan. *shriek*
Left is the wrong side of the road. I would die and/or kill others for sure, drivin' that way. I bet that many mental issues are derived from it.

I went back and watched the teaser. The cars look more like futuristic F1 cars than Wipeout vehicles so there’s that. I was hoping I could catch a glimmer of an Easter egg if I really paid close attention but not sure there’s anything there.
The whole thing is Gold Saucer style amusement park in Shenmue IV.

Back