110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Who knows if this will be our big moment? But if there is truth in the rumours (our dreams) then I just hope whatever we see is looking polished and in a state ready to be seen and have the appropriate impact. I have no time for the haters, but it would be nice to see something that shows the progress YS Net have made over the past couple of years. I don’t care about a release date, I would just want them to take their time to evolve and build on from the promising foundations of Shenmue III. Oh dear, I’m clearly allowing myself to believe now 😂

TGS is September right? That would put us at 2 yrs 10 months since Shenmue III release and about 2yrs 8mths since we know they were using the pitch video to potential publishers. The time is definetely right for a reveal I think.

Teyon who released their Terminator game the same week as Shenmue III announced their Robocop game a year ago and released the first gameplay trailer yesterday. They are a small deveoper on a similar staffing to YsNet so theres every potential their is enough footage for a reveal trailer providing it's been worked on...
Oh damn i need to check that trailer out. Terminator resistance was a phenomenal game

The more 110 tease and the more Suzuki shoots this stuff down, the more it makes me think that 110 have just a minor involvement in the project. If you were the main publisher wouldn't you have this conversation with Suzuki beforehand and have this all planned out? Or maybe Suzuki really does want the press to be separate between Shenmue and Air Twister.

Last edited:
Oh damn i need to check that trailer out. Terminator resistance was a phenomenal game

It looks great! They even got Peter Weller's voice and likeness. If they can get the Basil Poledouris theme then that would be the icing on the cake 🍰.

Pretty amazing for what is definitely a AA game.

I've no doubt Shenmue can benefit from a huge visual flourish with all that S3 groundwork already done. Please don't fail us TGS

I wonder if an Air Twister port or a 2nd project will come before S4 announcement. Gotta think Suzuki will want S4 out before the story is spoiled by potential Season 2 of anime (even though based on the recent Demarco interview the fate of the anime won't seemingly be decided anytime soon).

There must be something going in between Ys Net and 110 Industries; if there is nothing going on why did they make that interview with Yu Suzuki and why bother responding to tweets from Shenmue Fans !?
My bet is that something is going on behind the cortains and this time around Yu Suzuki is being extra carefull due to the mistakes that happen with Shenmue 3; I think Yu Suzuki learned from the mistakes of the past and is only going to show something when it is perfect.

I agree, it feels like something is going on.

To me the fact that YS NET now have a YouTube Channel is big news, also the new version of the website have an english version as well, we can even send messages in english there, in the contact part of the website, something that was not available in the older version as far as i remember.

The videos on the YouTube channel are not in japanese, all videos are in english, it makes me think that YS NET is going full force about publicize the studio for more people to see. The studio, the new game Air Twister and probably other projects to come, and I have hope that one of the projects is Shenmue IV.

Me, thinking while waiting at the bus stop: "I love Brenda".
Yu Suzuki, thinking while waiting at the bus stop: "Hmm, this could be a new game mechanic. But its taboo technology wise... I must solve it."

To sum up, take it easy fellas. Everything will be alright, I get you all love Shenmue series so every each of you want it to fit in your ideal template. I can assure you: Shenmue 4 will contain gameplay elements that will make you say "Uh, I didn't see that coming" probably some rescue from the cutting room and others new thanks to the mix of experience and new blood in YS.net. And about casual gameplay additions, rest assured it will be measured, logical, and of course never reaching the point of turning it into some zynga/gameloft mobile game.
Casual additions were the map marks and time skip in Shenmue 2 and the save anywhere in HD ports felt sweet when arrived at the f*** planks of hell.

Yu's reaction alone to 110's behaviour is suspicious anyone in their right mind would have a little more how to say... annoyance by a different studio using their projects name and teasing its fanbase for something that might not even be happening. Something is definitely brewing between the two it'll be interesting to see if this continues. But for 110 to delete a response that quickly tells alot in itself.

Last edited:
My bet is that something is going on behind the cortains and this time around Yu Suzuki is being extra carefull due to the mistakes that happen with Shenmue 3; I think Yu Suzuki learned from the mistakes of the past and is only going to show something when it is perfect.

A few more thoughts i have about what you said.

I think what happened with Shenmue III about this is that it is a Kickstarter game, and because Shenmue III is a Kickstarter game Yu Suzuki had to constantly give updates for the backers, i don't know if it was because of this, i view the situation this way.

Let's look at what happened with Air Twister. Air Twister was announced June 1, 2022. Air Twister was released 24 June 2022. It was such a short time between the announcement and the release of the game.

YS NET decided to do the announcement only when Air Twister was ready.

It is possible that a similar thing can happen with Shenmue IV, it would be so beautiful if we see an amazing Shenmue IV trailer and with the release date for 2023 for example, if something like this happen it will be the best news this year in relation to games for me.

Last edited:
I'm going to retract my statement about Shenmue 4 announcement has to happen this year. Yu gave us a message at the end of Shenmue 3 stating that he would never give up on finishing the series in video game format. Im going to put my faith behind Yu and his vision he wants to finish this more than anyone.

I'm going to retract my statement about Shenmue 4 announcement has to happen this year. Yu gave us a message at the end of Shenmue 3 stating that he would never give up on finishing the series in video game format. Im going to put my faith behind Yu and his vision he wants to finish this more than anyone.

Yu Suzuki: For as long as there are those who wish to see Shenmue live on, I will never give up on my own personal journey to complete its story.

Yu Suzuki even said in this message that finishing Shenmue is a personal journey for him, so i believe in Yu Suzuki and in how much he wants to finish Shenmue more than anyone, but at the same time i worry if Yu-san will have the opportunities to make this happen, i worry about what will be the future of Shenmue.

I don't think 18 years of wait will happen again, i think the Shenmue Series is more alive now than it was in the past, i believe Shenmue IV will happen.

Yu Suzuki is probably trying his best to have the opportunities and continue Shenmue. We don't know when will happen but it is important to believe in Yu Suzuki.

All i know is that i'm grateful for everything that Yu Suzuki did, with his creations Yu-san and his team really changed my life, especially with Shenmue, and now I'm even chasing my dream of becoming a writer and in the future sell my books, my own story with some things inspired by Shenmue.

Yu Suzuki will always be an inspiration for me and i will always be grateful for everything.

Yu Suzuki: Build up as many experiences as you can of successes and failures – either is fine. Immerse yourself and experience things other people don’t. These will eventually form your own standards. Don’t think about succeeding or failing. I want people to go all-out for what they want to do. That’s the first step, I believe.

1657375369437.png

This was very beautiful. I wish this kind of feedback reach Yu's, exactly we know and respect what he, and his team (because he is a listener) are capable of. But worry not, @Hiki You already solved the riddle, dont you realise? You said " i believe Shenmue IV will happen" and thats not a trivial thought as games/movies/books/music of the size of Shenmue dont get simply "made" like a premade sitcom... Those one-of-a-kind products "happen", people behind them has to struggle through an ocean of handicaps, coincidences and luck.

Shenmue wasnt made, it happened.
I find many similarities between Yu Suzuki and George Romero. Both excelent writers/novelist, experimentals, attached to an specific series, and spawning 10-20 years between episodes, not without worrying times for their fans. But finally, George Romero managed to pull off his 4th "of the Dead" and more.

The same way, we are living hard times and game industry isnt crisisproof, YS. NET stills a young company (is it in today standards? Im outdated😅) They are on it for sure and it will be announced at the right time, when its ready.

I remember now the Yu Suzuki's New Year's Resolution for 2022.

Q: Your Keyword for 2022?

YS: "Mix" [Suzuki uses the word borrowed from English, and also adds the English spelling of the word].

Q: Your New Year's Resolution?

YS:
To work with people from different industries, such as movies and musicians. I want to bring a different style to game making. I hope to have something to announce in 2022.

Mix probably means that Yu-san is working on different projects and with different people like musicians, and one of the projects is Air Twister.

Yu-san said to work with people from different industries, such as movies and musicians, with this i remember that Yu-san worked with Valensia in Air Twister, a musician.

In other interview Yu-san said "I'm still making games" so i think it is clear that Yu-san is making more than one game.

It is hard to wait for more news not knowing how the future of Shenmue will be, i will meditate then. 🧘‍♀️

Talking about meditate a good addition for Shenmue IV would be Ryo having the option to meditate like Sergeynest said a long time ago, maybe Yu-san already have this idea because here we can see Ryo (Akira) meditating in Pagoda Forest, Pagoda Forest is at Shaolin Temple, and Shaolin temple is near Luoyang as far as i remember.

1657458719809.png

Last edited:
Yeah but you can say that about a lot of different things in this world.
Most of the problems could be fixed with money / more budget and everything could be easy
if money / more budget wasnt a problem but we all know that it sounds easier than it is.

And if we only look at video games or movies,
even the more popular stuff like Dino Crisis, Bloodborne, Silent Hill and so on gets ignored too.
Rockstar is ignoring a Red Dead Redemption Remaster for years now
even tho developing costs for them would be peanuts and they are one of the richest gaming companies.

Thats just how it is when IP owners decide to move on.
Thats like a switch that changes everything from easy to almost impossible.

It's sad that looks like SEGA doesn't care about helping Yu Suzuki in relation to finish Shenmue, of course SEGA is not obligated to do this, but it would be nice if SEGA and Yu Suzuki made a deal to end Shenmue in Shenmue IV or Shenmue V.

About Shenmue IV 110 Industries said "Eventually" and this was one of the most interesting things about this situation in my opinion.

We still don't know what is the announcement about the apple and banana tweet, a couple of weeks have passed and nothing about this was revealed as far as i remember. Like i said other time, 110 Industries can end with this rumour anytime if they want but they chose to not do that, probably something is going on we just don't know yet, this is how i view the situation.

Last edited:
about meditate a good addition for Shenmue IV would be Ryo having the option to meditate like Sergeynest said a long time ago, maybe Yu-san already have this idea because here we can see Ryo (Akira) meditating in Pagoda Forest, Pagoda Forest is at Shaolin Temple, and Shaolin temple is near Luoyang as far as i remember.

Meditation has been hinted since the first chapter, when we could ring the bell and pray at home shrine. I've read that increased our luck at slot machines but I never checked that out. The catching leaves part at S2 was really meditation aimed (that part is very deep, it sums the series essence and even life if you allow me to say). So with Chi introduction in part 3 is clear we will be learning more of inner styles.
About the render you shared, it amaze me the the natural lightning and realism achieved in 1994-5. I know probably the rendering target was expensives SGIs but still amazing ahead of its time.

I still think the “No comment” is pretty sus. If there are zero talks with 110 I would expect a “No, there is nothing involving 110.” I’m not saying I’m confident 110 is involved with Shenmue 4. I’m just saying there were better ways of saying “No comment” if there’s nothing going on with 110.

I still think the “No comment” is pretty sus. If there are zero talks with 110 I would expect a “No, there is nothing involving 110.” I’m not saying I’m confident 110 is involved with Shenmue 4. I’m just saying there were better ways of saying “No comment” if there’s nothing going on with 110.
Also they have never dismissed or debunked those rumours from April to the current day but they were quick to delete their last response which was when asked about S4 they replied simply "Eventually..." Also yu never seemed annoyed by the fact they were bringing up shenmue and teasing it's fanbase a normal reaction would be to immediately not obviously get angry but to shut it down but his response was "I have no comment about 110" the whole thing is suspicious from the the reactions to the behaviour.

It's crazy to me that all of this speculation could easily be avoided if Sega would simply front the budget and properly support Shenmue IV from the get go. :(

Honestly I'd have thought that in between the countless Sonic and Yakuza games, they may have shown Shenmue some love and greenlit S4. With all the money they throw at those franchises, they could have had Shenmue finished by now.

Back