110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

The convo was never meant to be Nintendo vs Sega. I want to see Sega merged with someone that has the finances to revive and distribute their IPs. Sega back catalog is great lets get those games released. I personally want to see Crazy Taxi, Shenmue 4, Powerstone, Sonic game worthy of Game of the Year, etc.

"Sega is in much better shape than Nintendo without its own console." This fanboying at it finest. Actually Sega is the the one with 1-2 games each generation Sonic and Yakuza.

Nintendo

Mario
Mario Kart
Mario Sport spinoffs
Super Smash Bros
Zelda
Metroid
Pokemon( I know its not first party but its exclusive.
Fire Emblem
Kirby
Luigi Mansion
Splatoon
Bayonetta(not first party but exclusive)
Animal Crossing

May I have a Sega list and please no games where they lent out the IP. Games developed in house please.

you forgot Arms in your list
but you should also remove some games if you mention "developed in-house"

sure, here you go:

SEGA

Sonic
Sonic racing
Valkyria Chronicles series (3 games this gen)
Yakuza series (5 games this generation alone)
Puyo Puyo series
Monkey Ball series
Judgment series (2 games this generation)
Sakura Wars
Fist of The North Star
Virtua Fighter
Virtual On
Hatsune Miku series (by our AM2 pals)
Phantasy Star Online 2 (+ New Genesis, that is a brand new game basically)
Shining Resonance
The Olympic games series
Shenmue HD (let's count this since you included Wiiu ports as well)

that only counting Sega CONSOLE games.
If we count also ARCADE the list if even longer with games like The House of the Dead Scarlet Dawn, Sega World Driver Championship, maimai etc.

That you have the Atlus games (Persona, SMT etc.)
Sega West pc series (Total War, Football manager, Alien etc.)
and the external licensed IP (Shenmue 3, Rez Infinite, SOR4, Wonder boy series, Space Channel, Panzer Dragoon Remake, Bayonetta 2-3 lol etc.)

you forgot Arms in your list
but you should also remove some games if you mention "developed in-house"

sure, here you go:

SEGA

Sonic
Sonic racing
Valkyria Chronicles series (3 games this gen)
Yakuza series (5 games this generation alone)
Puyo Puyo series
Monkey Ball series
Judgment series (2 games this generation)
Sakura Wars
Fist of The North Star
Virtua Fighter
Virtual On
Hatsune Miku series (by our AM2 pals)
Phantasy Star Online 2 (+ New Genesis, that is a brand new game basically)
Shining Resonance
The Olympic games series
Shenmue HD (let's count this since you included Wiiu ports as well)

that only counting Sega CONSOLE games.
If we count also ARCADE the list if even longer with games like The House of the Dead Scarlet Dawn, Sega World Driver Championship, maimai etc.

That you have the Atlus games (Persona, SMT etc.)
Sega West pc series (Total War, Football manager, Alien etc.)
and the external licensed IP (Shenmue 3, Rez Infinite, SOR4, Wonder boy series, Space Channel, Panzer Dragoon Remake, Bayonetta 2-3 lol etc.)

Please stop lol

No doubt that Sega do have a lot of IP's and have been doing great since they actually started picking up the pace in ~2015ish, but it's not a fair comparison to Nintendo lol.
In my opinion, Sega have been doing great since they started pumping out a lot recently/in the last 2 generations but they are a lot more niche IP titles and if you look at sales it's not even close.
Without even looking anything up on the Sega side numbers wise, I could probably guess that Mario Kart 8 on Switch alone would have outsold the whole of Sega combined for the last generation (or at least very close). MK8 on Switch has sold 43 million copies which is just insane.

As Bruce said, I'd love to see Sega bring back their IPs in big way. If they don't have the development resources they should continue to lease their IPs to other devs, but I still wish they had more hands on and collaboration in that process. A decent example would be something like Mario & Rabbids on the Switch, which was basically a partnership between Ubisoft and Nintendo. They managed to create an awesome game which is shortly receiving a sequel. Nintendo could work wonders with Sega's IPs, but at the same time, they don't need them as they have a plethora of fantastic IPs already. The difference is, that they have found what works for their big IPs and they continuously release new entries every few years.

Lease the IPs to devs who can make great games for the IPs, and really get behind them and publish the games! That would help revive so many series that have otherwise been left in the dust for years.

AKA - Give YSNet money to make Shenmue IV, publish it and put the god damn Sega logo on the box :p

No doubt that Sega do have a lot of IP's and have been doing great since they actually started picking up the pace in ~2015ish, but it's not a fair comparison to Nintendo lol.
In my opinion, Sega have been doing great since they started pumping out a lot recently/in the last 2 generations but they are a lot more niche IP titles and if you look at sales it's not even close.
Without even looking anything up on the Sega side numbers wise, I could probably guess that Mario Kart 8 on Switch alone would have outsold the whole of Sega combined for the last generation (or at least very close). MK8 on Switch has sold 43 million copies which is just insane.

As Bruce said, I'd love to see Sega bring back their IPs in big way. If they don't have the development resources they should continue to lease their IPs to other devs, but I still wish they had more hands on and collaboration in that process. A decent example would be something like Mario & Rabbids on the Switch, which was basically a partnership between Ubisoft and Nintendo. They managed to create an awesome game which is shortly receiving a sequel. Nintendo could work wonders with Sega's IPs, but at the same time, they don't need them as they have a plethora of fantastic IPs already. The difference is, that they have found what works for their big IPs and they continuously release new entries every few years.

Lease the IPs to devs who can make great games for the IPs, and really get behind them and publish the games! That would help revive so many series that have otherwise been left in the dust for years.

AKA - Give YSNet money to make Shenmue IV :D

@Sheephead thank you so much for this post you get what I'm saying 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

AKA - Give YSNet money to make Shenmue IV, publish it and put the god damn Sega logo on the box :p

We aren't talking about sales.

"Actually Sega is the the one with 1-2 games each generation Sonic and Yakuza."
Bruce wasn't referring to sales, but to the variety of IP used.

We aren't talking about sales.

"Actually Sega is the the one with 1-2 games each generation Sonic and Yakuza."
Bruce wasn't referring to sales, but to the variety of IP used.

You said Sega was in a better position than Nintendo as a company. Thats not true the sales say so.

You said Sega was in a better position than Nintendo as a company. Thats not true the sales say so.

Nice try
We were talking about GAMES, not the position of the companies lol. And in fact you made a list of GAMES, not a list of financial reports... ;)
I hate hypocrisy so let's make it clear, you didn't expected the list could be that robust (hence why I made the claim that Sega is in better shape in the first place), now that you see the list and your claim "Sega only has Sonic and Yakuza" is debunked, you're trying to escape.

Last edited:
Nice try
We were talking about GAMES, not the position of the companies lol. And in fact you made a list of GAMES, not a list of financial reports... ;)
I hate hypocrisy so let's make it clear, you dind't expected the list could be that robust (hence why I made the claim that Sega is in better shape in the first place), now that you see the list and your claims "Sega only has Sonic and Yakuza" is debunked, you're trying to escape.

@Suzaku your right can we please let it go

Does anyone know how Sonic's big success in Hollywood has truly helped Sega's financials and in turn how ir may impact them on a video game development perspective?

The two Sonic movies were mentioned in their financial reports, and they are now more focused on Hollywood (there will be a third Sonic movie and a Streets of Rage movie too), but how much impactful will be on game's development, that's hard to say for now.
But Kishimoto from Sonic Frontiers admitted that the new battle system was inspired by the movies, so that's already a kind of influence.

then don't waste my time if you just want to troll.
Suzaku I'm 100% with you on the Sega games vs n*ntendo games matter, and just narrowly avoided vomiting all over my computer monitor when I read Bruce propose the two merge. But Bruce is being respectful here and is absolutely not a troll, I don't see why you need to respond to him this way.

Suzaku I'm 100% with you on the Sega games vs n*ntendo games matter, and just narrowly avoided vomiting all over my computer monitor when I read Bruce propose the two merge. But Bruce is being respectful here and is absolutely not a troll, I don't see why you need to respond to him this way.

Honestly I didn't like his attitude with "lol fanboyism at its finest" and the "please stop lol" later, that's low level trolling and it's out of place in a respectful discussion.
Normally when you're not sure about what someone has written, you can simply ask "what do you mean?", it's not that hard.
Also running away when you don't like the answers "is way uncool".
I always seen Bruce as a nice guy here so I was surprised as well, but you never truly know people, especially on internet.

Back