110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

To be honest I think that's very hard to tell with so many taking their lead from a particular fake fan's YouTube rant.
That’s a good point, but I think it still stands that it would help to counter that if something demonstrably superior can be shown as part of a IV reveal.

It seems to me a lot of it boils down to people oversimplifying Shenmue as just a revenge story and not properly understanding the wider narrative and themes. Unfortunately videos such as that one have contributed to this.

That’s a good point, but I think it still stands that it would help to counter that if something demonstrably superior can be shown as part of a IV reveal.
Of course. Some gamers will unbearably never accept anything that looks less than a AAA game, but at least this time YsNet won't have to spend a significant chunk of effort building their systems from the ground up. A bigger budget and larger staff can only enhance this, so in that respect I'm glad Yu Suzuki appears to have held out for a better deal even if it may have slid a prospective Shenmue IV back a year or two.

Of course. Some gamers will unbearably never accept anything that looks less than a AAA game, but at least this time YsNet won't have to spend a significant chunk of effort building their systems from the ground up. A bigger budget and larger staff can only enhance this, so in that respect I'm glad Yu Suzuki appears to have held out for a better deal even if it may have slid a prospective Shenmue IV back a year or two.
Personally I’d rather wait a while longer and have it done right. Hopefully those who have some say on the matter agree.

――In the first place, how did you come to make this game together with 110 Industries?

Okamoto:
That's because they had a love call from them. It seems that they wanted to work with us who made "NINJA GAIDEN" from the beginning, and when I heard about Sergei, I really liked it (laughs). If that's the case, we would like to answer, so there is something close to love. If you love me, I will feel the same way."

That's a google translated answer from the Wanted Dead producer.

Clearly Sergei likes to work with people whose prior work he has an appreciation for......

Just a random thought but I hope 110 / Sergei do some interviews at TGS next week. Purely for the chance that someone actually questions them on the Shenmue rumors. YS has been asked about them in interviews so its only fair it's their turn now 😅 It would be interesting to see how they would explain everything if pressed.

Just a random thought but I hope 110 / Sergei do some interviews at TGS next week. Purely for the chance that someone actually questions them on the Shenmue rumors. YS has been asked about them in interviews so its only fair it's their turn now 😅 It would be interesting to see how they would explain everything if pressed.
Its true its in one week.. I semiforgot. Thanks a lot. Besides, lets cut today and tomorrow the weekend. 5 days uff nervous.
Jaaja thats what I thought mate, Sergei is the canary in the mine. I want scan his verbal and no verbal language, look for sweating if asked about S4... Total dissection. Even his silences or 'no comment" card use may end in something. Fingers crossed

Of course, it's all wishful thinking, but The Snitch is saying that there are 2 Indies and 2 AA games from Japanese developers at the State of Play tonight.

He's not revealing what they are and there are 10 games total.

Probably not Shenmue IV, of course but we can all hope.

'Twas not to be, but I've decided to gamble on one specific thing that may yield a result, or crush us.

There is a person on Twitter known as The Insider, who has hitherto not been wrong about ANYTHING over the last few days(he correctly identified everything about Assassin's Creed months before reveal, GoW, etc.).

Whomever he is, he knows much and even Keighley follows him. I've extended a question regarding our favorite series to him. I hope for a response that's positive, though of course I may not get one at all.

I would urge folks not to harass the guy, of course, but hopefully he sees my small tweet and decides to respond.

Seems 110 is now promoting Soleil’s other game. I’m not too sure about Shenmue at this point. To be fair, that game had been announced for a while. I hope we at least hear about the racing title, since we speculated Ys could be involved there.

Seems 110 is now promoting Soleil’s other game. I’m not too sure about Shenmue at this point. To be fair, that game had been announced for a while. I hope we at least hear about the racing title, since we speculated Ys could be involved there.
Through everything this is still the most likely scenario in my head besides it being nothing:

YS working on Red Goes Faster, the game 110 conceptualized with him in mind to create - which fits with their current stated process of making an idea for a game and commisioning japanese gaming legends to make the thing. THEN maybe "eventually" they will make S4 with him if Red Goes Faster sells well. Who knows.

In reality, someone already nailed it here. We got Air Twister in our faces one morning, previously unannounced and unnoticed. That's also some kind of message from YS "You'll never really know for sure, expect the unexpected".

About RGF, I've been growing interest on it gradually. For a driving game I found its marketing too obscure even for YS. It seems like they got in hands the ultímate drive sim/arcade idk its weird

BTW here is what it says in the IGN article for the Tokyo Game Show schedule and 110 Industries:

Sunday, September 18​

• Ninjala TGS 2022 Cup Finals - 12am - 12:50am PT/3am - 3:50am ET/8am - 8:50am BST/
  • 4pm - 4:50pm JST/5pm - 5:50pm AEST.
  • 110 Industries Presents Wanted: Dead - 1am - 1:50am PT/4am - 4:50am ET/
  • 9am - 9:50am BST/5pm - 5:50pm JST/6pm - 6:50pm AEST.
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare II - 2am - 2:50am PT/5am - 5:50am ET/10am - 10:50am BST/
  • 6pm - 6:50pm JST/7pm - 7:50pm AEST.
  • TGS 2022 ENDING PROGRAM - 3am - 3:50am PT/6am - 6:50am ET/11am - 11:50am BST/7pm - 7:50pm JST/8pm - 8:50pm AEST.
... so ... yeah. Maybe monster omega super surprise in there ... but probably not.

Back