A Completionist's Nightmare(S1)

This game...is Impossible to do everything on One File.:crying:

Especially for the all-in-one go play-through save transfer to S2.:hmm:

Guides are no good as well. :ROFLMAO:

But it was fun going through the game thrice to see the many diff outcomes/variations.(y):coffee::geek:

Yeah, it's pretty crazy. Are you counting training all the moves to max as one of your criteria? ;) :p

Either way, it would be pretty hard.

Well I can't train every move reliable since they are a bit bugged and sometime don't progress. Even then maxing the throw moves are a lot of hassle on top of just spamming the punches and kicks for days.
Collection wise the only thing I can't achieve in S1 is the Space Harrier certificate for finishing the game. But with the re-release QTE title 2 is still bugged out and Space Harrier with the auto center lock is unplayable for me.

Shenmue II is also a nightmare. Just for the Afterburnner and Outrun certificates. You only have to be the god of all arcades.
Let alone no real practical way to train moves.

But to top that you could also go for the 100% notebook.:grinning:

Well I can't train every move reliable since they are a bit bugged and sometime don't progress.

My move progress seems to be sticking just fine, though there's no way to know if I'm progressing slower than I would be if everything worked perfectly. I haven't had anything red (maxed out) become un-red.

100% Notebook, lol. I was thinking the same thing. My notebook looks so gappy.

Well It is more so I train all day and then sleep and sometimes the bars don't progress the next day at all.
1 test I did was save then sleep and then the next morning they moved, but when I reloaded the save from the night before and slept again they didn't level up. So it might be related to the saving.

I'm not sure if this hurts or helps, but IIRC you can't get a 100% notebook in Shenmue I. Some entries negate the appearance of other entries because there are times when the path forward varies slightly. With that, some minor scenes ace you out of other minor scenes as well.

I love to 100% my favorite games, but Shenmue refuses to let that happen. :ROFLMAO:

It takes multiple files.
Did you did a full notebook completion as well?

In my opinion true 100% is getting all capsule toys, get all moves and master them.
Master move is easier in Shenmue II since you can fight when ever you want to.

My personal goal is to obtain every item, fill my collection, learn all moves, and get a 100% notebook by following “good” choices, such as giving the kitten dried fish instead of tofu and buying Wang Guang Ji a drink. This will be my first attempt at this challenge and I’m excited to see if it’s doable.

I’ve been following the 100% notebook guide on GameFAQs and appear to be doing well so far. It seems as though I even managed to get every entry on pages 31-38 which the writer of the guide stated he had problems with. I also found a text dump of the notebook to compare with for anything that could possibly be missing.

Last edited:
Had a pretty good collection of capsule toys and all movescrolls in S1 got to the end of S2 even got heel sweep and monkey drop scrolls from the lucky hit stand, realized I forgot to learn double blow from Yamagashi... Damn..so close.?

Personally, I think the true definition of 100% in Shenmue I is:

• As many notebook entries as physically possible.
  • All capsule toys from machines.
  • All raffle prizes from ABE and Tomato.
  • All arcade capsule toys.
  • All arcade certificates.
  • All slot house capsule toys.
  • All capsule toy certificates.
  • All forklift race capsule toys.
  • All photographs.
  • All miscellaneous items from Tomato.
  • All move scrolls.
  • All moves fully mastered.
  • All cassette tapes.
Easy, huh?

My personal goal is to obtain every item, fill my collection, learn all moves, and get a 100% notebook by following “good” choices, such as giving the kitten dried fish instead of tofu and buying Wang Guang Ji a drink. This will be my first attempt at this challenge and I’m excited to see if it’s doable.

I’ve been following the 100% notebook guide on GameFAQs and appear to be doing well so far. It seems as though I even managed to get every entry on pages 31-38 which the writer of the guide stated he had problems with. I also found a text dump of the notebook to compare with for anything that could possibly be missing.

If you choose dried fish you lock out a notebook entry... ?

If you choose dried fish you lock out a notebook entry... ?

You’re right. That’s why I mentioned I’d be going for 100% based off “good” choices. According to the guide, not buying a drink for Wang Guang Ji will also lock out one entry but will allow you to gain two others instead. In this particular scenario, refusing to buy him a drink will technically fill your notebook more, but I’m choosing the “good” option despite this.

Last edited:

• All photographs.
  • All move scrolls.
  • All cassette tapes.
Easy, huh?
Mastering all moves is impossible through in Shenmue 1.
The throw moves you can only train them in sleep, event fights and Fukusan.

Mastering all moves is impossible through in Shenmue 1.
The throw moves you can only train them in sleep, event fights and Fukusan.

Moves seem up to train quicker in the rerelease so could this be a possibility now? I always train the throw moves before sleep.

Moves seem up to train quicker in the rerelease so could this be a possibility now? I always train the throw moves before sleep.
i see, did you manage to master a few throw moves already through sleep alone?

• All photographs.
  • All move scrolls.
  • All cassette tapes.
Easy, huh?

Haha...that'll take quite a long time fo sure.

• All photographs.
  • All move scrolls.
  • All cassette tapes.
Easy, huh?
And in time to get to HK before Fang Mei's birthday.

Back