An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh for fuck sake!

OK, I have no idea what this is. Shenmue 1 & 2 on Switch?

Sigh...

Tomb Raider is shit and I have bad taste. There! I said it @Truck_1_0_1_ :p
If it is the Switch release of Shenmue 1 & 2 just take my Money right now.

Oh for fuck sake!

OK, I have no idea what this is. Shenmue 1 & 2 on Switch?

Sigh...

Tomb Raider is shit and I have bad taste. There! I said it @Truck_1_0_1_ :p

Damn! I didn't think about a Switch 1 & 2 release. Let's hope not! That isn't too exciting.

I love the Tomb Raider reboot Trilogy so you're not alone, I have bad taste too! I figure it could be worse though, I could be a Yakuza fan :LOL:

In any case i think any news/announcement about shenmue is good thing, it keep the IP alive, and it could be only positive to have Shenmue 4

Ps:I wouldn't be so happy with episodic stuff :rolleyes:

i hope it wil be a video game :)

Sonic Transformed Racing is a really fun game...

It still annoys me that they made a new Sonic only racing game instead of remastering or making a true sequel to Transformed.

I love Transformed. It's one of my favourite racing games of the last decade. I just don't understand why they thought it was a good idea to make a new game after that that only focused on Sonic.

I liked Team Sonic Racing, but it just felt like something that would have been released before All Stars and Transformed, which is bizarre.

I love the Tomb Raider reboot Trilogy so you're not alone,
I'm more of a fan of the cheesy classics so there is no hope for me I'm afraid.

I figure it could be worse though, I could be a Yakuza fan :LOL:
Wow. The shade! :LOL:

Anyway, if it is Shenmue 1 & 2 on Switch, can we get a nice limited edition for the West this time? That edition being exclusive to Japan really annoyed me for the PS4 release.

Who would fund an anime and why? My only fear with an anime is it could be super low budget and cheesy.

As we debated a few times in this thread, a manga or anime could work but it has to be done right.

Besides that, branching out into other mediums could work and could help revitalise the franchise and build hype and funding for future games in the series. But on the flipside, if it flops or does badly, it could also help kill the franchise. Imagine the media if it's crap or if it flops. We'll be seeing memes and crap articles about the "laughably bad anime" on top of all the ones we had about Shenmue 3.

I'm more of a fan of the cheesy classics so there is no hope for me I'm afraid.

Wow. The shade! :LOL:

Anyway, if it is Shenmue 1 & 2 on Switch, can we get a nice limited edition for the West this time? That edition being exclusive to Japan really annoyed me for the PS4 release.

:LOL: the cheesy TR classics eh? Still better than anything Yakuza ;) at least TR tried to be edgy and cool in the 90's when it was in style.

Shenmue on the Switch would be cool for people who are travelling a lot, otherwise it's a redundant release. Unless you're under 12 years old or into the Nintendo exclusives, the Switch best serves as a door stop, until it's time for a road trip or flight! No other reason to play great games on an inferior piece of hardware.

Im gonna go with an anime

Smaller than Shenmue 4 but bigger than a novel? Its gotta be an anime

A meaningful spin off game would be cool though
I'm hoping we don't get some dumb shit from the studio like Mario Kart: Shenmue Edition where they do a lame side game. If they're not going to give us the other 29 hours and 55 minutes of Shenmue 3 we didn't get, then give us some episodic DLC that we can play to transition us into Shenmue 4. Or finish the story with game episodes, that would be ok too after 21 years of waiting for a conclusion.

For the record though, whilst I want Shenmue 1 and 2 on Switch, I really hope that isn't the actual news. Because having more ports is hardly worthy of this tease or hype. It's not something to truly get excited about. I mean, it should have come out for the Switch in the first place, but Sega gonna Sega.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back