An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you guys seen the new Netflix series about video game history called High Score !?
It is likely that in a future episode we get to see Yu Suzuki talking about is time at Sega and it is almost certain that it will feature the Shenmue series and the kickstarter annoucement of Shenmue 3 at E3 2015. Imagine Yu Suzuki annoucing Shenmue 4 in that episode. That would surely be amazing.

Have any of you guys seen the new Netflix series about video game history called High Score !?
It is likely that in a future episode we get to see Yu Suzuki talking about is time at Sega and it is almost certain that it will feature the Shenmue series and the kickstarter annoucement of Shenmue 3 at E3 2015. Imagine Yu Suzuki annoucing Shenmue 4 in that episode. That would surely be amazing.
I'm meaning to watch it. Any good?

It's really good, but I've binge watched the whole thing and Shenmue and Yu Suzuki aren't really mentioned as far as I can remember (I had it on as background noise). Unless they're planning a season 2...

It was mostly focussed on the really early era in the 70s and 80s. I really liked the episode that focussed on Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat (and later the controversy surrounding Mortal Kombat and Night Trap). I thought it was a shame they didn't really cover the sixth generation of consoles, which is probably my favourite generation.

I enjoyed it a lot; it has a lot of interesting stories. It is a great journey into the past of video game history.
Sweet. I'll make sure to get stuck into that soon. The trailer got my attention tbf

It's really good, but I've binge watched the whole thing and Shenmue and Yu Suzuki aren't really mentioned as far as I can remember (I had it on as background noise). Unless they're planning a season 2...

It was mostly focussed on the really early era in the 70s and 80s. I really liked the episode that focussed on Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat (and later the controversy surrounding Mortal Kombat and Night Trap). I thought it was a shame they didn't really cover the sixth generation of consoles, which is probably my favourite generation.
I think season 2 is going to cover the Ps1, Sega Saturn, Ps2, Dreamcast and Xbox era.
That's where I'm counting on Yu Suzuki and the Shenmue series to come up.

I thought it was god awful. The JRPG episode didn't even mention Dragon Quest, what a bunch of crap.

I thought it was funny when they then explain what an RPG is and proceed to say it's when you create your own character and you can choose any kind of role or class you want. I'm pretty sure I've played a lot of RPGs where you don't create your own character or choose different traits...

I think season 2 is going to cover the Ps1, Sega Saturn, Ps2, Dreamcast and Xbox era.
That's where I'm counting on Yu Suzuki and the Shenmue series to come up.

Ah so has it been announced then? I assumed if was a one off series.

Please make this thread and share your ideas, i will share my ideas too. :giggle: Shenmue 0 is a amazing idea, would be nice to talk about that more in a specific thread for this.
The thread has been made! Its a very long post but you don't have to read everything. Read what you like and post your own ideas. Any one with ideas are welcome.

Ah so has it been announced then? I assumed if was a one off series.
Not that I have heard of but I think it will be successfull enough to have more seasons, at least thats what i'm hoping for.

I thought it was funny when they then explain what an RPG is and proceed to say it's when you create your own character and you can choose any kind of role or class you want. I'm pretty sure I've played a lot of RPGs where you don't create your own character or choose different traits...
Yup , in videogame terms an RPG is usually a story focused game with character porgression with levels ans skillltrees since there is no unified view.

After all the term classifies JRPG which evolved from Visual Novels to Elder Scrolls/Divinity/Baldurs Gate that tries to be more similar to the Dungeon and Dragons experience.

Starting to feel fairly confident it’s gonna be a Ryo, etc. appearance in a major Sega, or other company, title. Smash? Does Sega have any new racing or fighting games coming? Let’s shoot for SOR4...

Starting to feel fairly confident it’s gonna be a Ryo, etc. appearance in a major Sega, or other company, title. Smash? Does Sega have any new racing or fighting games coming? Let’s shoot for SOR4...

But the tweet said its for people who care about Shenmue and its story.
That doesnt really sound like a guest appearance in Smash or Tekken etc
Ryo being playable somewhere else has nothing to do with the Shenmue story.
If we assume that there is truth behind the tweet

If Ryo lands a trophy spot in Super Smash Bros that would be great. Besides Sonic and Kiryu, Ryo is probably Sega most popular character.

Fun kinda unexpected and its about Shenmue and its story ...

I think we will get a official oldschool Shenmue pinball / flipper machine limited to 10 pieces
and if you hit Lan Di, the ship, the mirrors, the dojo, the red leaves etc you will get a little storyline recap

K640_HgNvBY8DutfG5YOQEP6D3YpY4gbMJrb44x3nPeg3RZM small.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back