An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is interesting, but it's still something that took them four years (today) to edit? Not saying any of these incredibly minor changes mean anything, but I do look at the site a lot so I was surprised to see any changes at all.

Regarding the removal of the address, that could just be a Covid thing with the whole remote working situation, perhaps?

I just found it interesting anyone bothered to update the page at all after nearly four years, especially given the 'news' that's coming. But yeah, it could amount to nothing at all. Just a heads up as we continue into our descent into madness... At least it might be worth checking out the Ys Net page once in a while now that it seems it's been touched.

This is totally unrealistic but a I'd kill for a remastered version of Shenmue 3 that gave us Baisha and fleshed out the roles of broom girl, Niao Sun/Li Feng and the fat guy. Also, they can cut a lot of the kickstarter fanservice out of the remastered version. Our names on the credits and faces on Lucky hit stands would be the limit.

Or just Baisha as dlc...

id release a ps5 version of Shenmue 1 - 3 together down the road. Have it include all the all dlc and make it a limit run. Include a artbook and soundtrack in there aswell. Sure its milking it a bit, but id buy it

What makes me excited about this whole thread is that despite the overreactions of Shenmue III and the lukewarm to negative criticism it's gotten (some of it deserved) is that the desire to play Shenmue IV really hasn't gone anywhere within the community.

In fact, a lot of those people who bashed III will be back to play IV because they know they would be cheating themselves to not know how this story plays out. (Looking at SuperEyepatch Wolf)

I've always thought that Shenmue I & II (specially the second) were too good to justify maintaining the interest in the series, even if Shenmue III had some moderate-to-big flaws.

Won't the Golden State Warriors be an NBA title contender for next year? Didn't the PlayStation 4 carry on with the brand name after 3 being quite of a mess?

In fact, a lot of those people who bashed III will be back to play IV because they know they would be cheating themselves to not know how this story plays out. (Looking at SuperEyepatch Wolf)

Anybody who's attached to the story will inevitably imo. The conclusion to shenmue is also a conclusion to a chapter in a lot of these people's lives when they've been hooked & blueballed by the saga many years ago.

I think a Yakuza (Or two) was ported to the Wii U and flopped, so they haven’t bothered with Nintendo since.

Nintendo dropped the ball hard with the Wii U. Besides Smash Bros, Mario, Zelda and Mario Kart everything did poorly. Its a shame cause the Wii U wasn't a bad console. Nintendo was lazy they thought they could live off the success of the Wii. If the Yakuza games are ported to the Switch they will sell well Id be willing to bet better than the PS4. Even if Sega is unsure they should just release Yakuza 0 to test the market.

Releasing games on the Swutch is a license to print money. Look at the Witcher 3 a game that released 4 years after PS4, XBOX and PC. It has sold alot and the game is incredibly downsized when compared to its counterparts.

I just found it interesting anyone bothered to update the page at all after nearly four years, especially given the 'news' that's coming. But yeah, it could amount to nothing at all. Just a heads up as we continue into our descent into madness... At least it might be worth checking out the Ys Net page once in a while now that it seems it's been touched.
Got to agree with you on this one. I’ve checked in on the site from time to time (more than anything because the domain registration was set to expire a few months back) and aside from renewing the domain, they haven’t touched it since Epic came on board. It could just be coincidence, but them updating right around the time we’re expecting news (I’m still expecting something to drop on the 4th) looks like a good sign for Shenmue fans.

So did they update an existing job ad, add a new job ad, or just remove an old job ad? I don't get it.

"Welcome, lost one"

So did they update an existing job ad, add a new job ad, or just remove an old job ad? I don't get it.
They got rid of the job opening for a secretary and deleted their office address & modified the line description to "office/headquarters: Tokyo", though Peter says that address has been out of date for over four years. So yeah, not very big news. But news! For people who like updates on things that get deleted from websites. Any news is good news, right!?

Last edited:
He just posted this on Resetera:

t's more interesting than a documentary and it's nothing being kickstarted, it's already funded by a pretty notable company (with a decent budget I hear) and decently far in production. There will be a bit of sweet and sour with the announcement, but it's interesting.

Sorry to sorta' hop around it, I have more on it I could share but most of it would spoil exactly what exactly I'm teasing, which I promised not to do, just hint at it

Clearly something for the 4th...exciting!

Still...i'm anxious about the sweet and sour. I will re-use the flip table gif if it's *anything* mobile related.

An additional tweet says:

Just to clarify a few things on the Shenmue announcement:
-It's not Shenmue 4
-It's not a port of Shenmue 1,2, 3
-It's something entirely brand new.
-It's more than a book series or a documentary.
-It's not being kickstarted, already funded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back