An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shenmue xtreme volley ball confirmed

The ladies of Shenmue in ultra revealing bikinis? I know we live in a politically correct world and it’s all fashionable to be PC. But fuck it, I’m a MAN, I’d play that game and have no shame in saying so.

To keep it fair, we just get Ryo, Tom, Lan Di and Ren out there in speedos for the ladies :D Eye candy for all

I can't see this happening, but I am hoping for one of two things: (1) a DLC for Shenmue III that covers the events of Ren's journey from Kowloon to Niaowu, or (2) a small spin-off that covers the events of Iwao's time in China.

Maybe announcement of a new DLC? Boat chapter, for example. It could be released on the same day with Shenmue III on GOG/ Steam release.
The Big Merry Cruise should have been the Boat Chapter DLC; that was a big miss on their part; that could have been the best fan service they could have given us.

Gamescom is around the corner. If Deep Silver is still involved (I would have to assume they are) then it's a good place for them to come out and talk about it. Given Deep Silver is mostly a European company and all and Shenmue III did have some presence at Gamescom. It's where we got the first release date mind you for III. I don't want to get too hyped...but I think it could be coming boys (and girls)
Deep Silver belongs to Koch Media wich is a German company and Gamescom takes place in Germany so it makes sense for any Shenmue announcement to take place at this event.

Fuck, still afraid and specting the worst case scenario, but my bet are:
- Shenmue VR
- Cameo in some fighting / RPG game
- Spin off / prequel (not going to happen)
- Some kind of Anime on Netflix

"fun, kinda unexpected"
"people who care about Shenmue and it's story"

That screams Manga/Novel to me and not Shenmue IV, why else would he emphasise "story"?

At most, I can see a telltale-esque adventure game, which is a better than a manga, but honestly anything other than Shenmue IV will bum me out considerably.
Why is everyone talking about a manga or a novel; I sincerily don't want that. I want Shenmue IV and I strongly believe we are going to get Shenmue IV.

I think it's a bit early to announce to Shenmue IV, Yu was looking for a partner a few months ago. But who knows...

If it's something "fun", then I'll bet for a mobile game / app, gacha style (and I hope it's not).
Any mobile game version for the Shenmue series would just spell disaster and would give even more reason for all the Shenmue haters out there to mock the series even more. Look at what happened with Diablo.

Let's see how this plays out.

Episodic sounds plausible. Maybe the filler for the cliff temple? Iwao's journey? Baisha?

Colour me interested.
I’m hoping for Iwao’s journey. They could completely reuse locations, develop some of the characters that were overlooked in S3 and fill in some of the gaps in the story.

Maybe we learn how elder Yeh lost her eyesight, see some CYM in 60’s style suits, find out how Baihu was stripped of his CYM leadership for failing to stop Iwao and Sunming from getting the mirrors, maybe find out about young Mr Muscles too. They could wrap it up with Iwao meeting Shenhua and us seeing that she hasn’t aged a day in 20 years or something just to leave us with a big wtf as we wait for S4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back