• NEWS! We're adding in #ShenmueAnime2 to the tweetathons from May 4th so make sure you tag in @Crunchyroll and @SEGA each month to help get us that 2nd season!

Anime.

RyoHazuki84

俺が益荒男
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Yakuza 3 Remaster
Just recently watched the first 12 episodes of Jojo Stone Ocean. I read the manga years ago, but love how the anime has executed it. I never heard of "Distant Dreamer" by Duffy until I saw this show. While most Jojo ending themes with its imagery tend to be trippy, this one doesn't do it but shows an ocean instead. Of course, manga fans who are intimately familiar with the story can understand why the imagery and the song are a PERFECT fit.

I've also been watching some anime I have been meaning to watch for YEARS such as Monster (already read the manga though), Zipang, and Tiger & Bunny.

I kinda want to wait until Netflix has all the episodes to watch so I can binge it in one month but it seems it may take a while…but there are some other anime’s I can probably find for free for now. I did recently but Lucky Star despite having already watched it all. Kind of a sucker when Amazon tells me there’s only so much stock left.

RyoHazuki84

俺が益荒男
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Yakuza 3 Remaster
It depends on the anime for me. If I am familiar with the manga, I can watch it episode by episode. If I'm not (like I am with Demon Slayer), I prefer binging

Favourite title
Shenmue
PSN
Jrockstr
Man the Crunchyroll PS4 app is straight up garbage it is unwatchable due to it's constant stuttering and freezing. Not to mention whether the video player will actually play or come back with a error. It is beyond infuriating

Last edited:
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Mafia 2, Sakura Taisen 1
PSN
wesker85
@Jesse that is true. I have no problem with stuttering but the navigation is indeed horrible. I prefer using the app on my ps5 or on pc.

Favourite title
Shenmue
PSN
Jrockstr
@Jesse that is true. I have no problem with stuttering but the navigation is indeed horrible. I prefer using the app on my ps5 or on pc.
I got excited because of the news of Funimation being absorbed into CrunchyRoll today. So I decided to do a 14 day free trial. I was looking forward to diving into the anime mentioned on here and the app is just bad.

To get the video player to work and not show a black screen and say error I had to view the terms and services page no joke. The videos are constantly freezing or stuttering if not outright crashing. I did everything the site said and still it wasn't any help. It's not my internet because every other app and streaming service works like a dream. Also the mobile app works great. Just disappointed I'll probably cancel it and wait til I get a Smart TV or a PS5 whenever I can find one.

RyoHazuki84

俺が益荒男
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Yakuza 3 Remaster
Finally watched season 2 of Demon Slayer. I really enjoyed it. I want to read the manga, but I also don't want to spoil myself.

I'm also finally getting around to watching Jujutsu Kaisen. I'm five episodes in and it's okay, not as great as people are hyping it out to be.

I'll probably watch the latest episode of Attack on Titan on my train ride to work today.

RyoHazuki84

俺が益荒男
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Yakuza 3 Remaster
Now finally watching season 2 of Tiger & Bunny, Komi Can't Communicate and Dress Up My Darling.