Any word on the when the console patch (XB1 & PS4) is coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green market quarter and if you get there the stand quarter in Kowloon. Tbh most of Kowloon is not great.

Also wouldn't it be ironic if the console patch released on the 3rd?

Last edited:
"For you, the day The Patch graced your PS4 was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."
No one likes Tuesday's ;)

Back on topic......

Is there a piece of music you know that is specifically messed up? I have been playing through 2 on the PS4, and noticed that Wise Man's Qr's main melody is a semi-tone out so will check that. The other thing that comes to mind is the music right atthe start with the arm wrestling and how it had way too much reverb on it so just sounded like a blurred mess.

If you let me know some other tracks, I'll hunt them down and find out. Cheers.
While I haven't played Shenmue 2 past the first hour. I've seen videos and heard of these songs being doge.
To name a few: Queen Street. The apartment buildings where you stay. Tomato Mart. Airing books. Thousand White building.
The thing is they all vary with how bad they sound, some minor others more major. Ones with chimes/Synth sound seem the most major effected.
One video comparing Queen Street/Thousand White Building.
The music audio levels are also mixed all over the place. Some being quiet others being really loud.
I've also seen people mention hang-on and afterburnerII are broken in Shenmue 2. But not seen footage demonstrating it.

Last edited:
South Carmain Quarter during the day is like nails on a chalkboard. The song from the ice cream parlor in the Golden Quarter sounds like it has problems too.

My guess as to why the patch is taking a bit to come out is because they are still getting support tickets for issues and trying to fix them. That can take some time, right? I mean it's only been out for a week.

Not sure why people are blaming Sony for the delay, when even the PC patch isn’t out yet officially.

It’s quite clear that Sega rushed the release and spread the rumour of the day 1 patch to protect the sales number, because as always they can’t get much right.

Around when did it start? Started for me after Ryo meets Master Chen and continued into meeting Chai for the first time. It really pissed me off. I first noticed it glitching out when Ryo goes to sleep and all I could see was outside the house.
I think my first glitched cutscene was immediately after placing the sword in the wall on the day I got the letter from Ine-San. I’d been holding off on installing the patch until it came out of Beta and a reliable widescreen fix was released but caved after the scene with Chai in the warehouse (there’s only so many black screen or closeup of random object cutscenes a man can watch before he cracks).

As I say, it seems to have fixed the issues with cutscenes although my progress has been slow these last few days because of work commitments so it’s hard to say for sure if it’s a definitive fix (I’m at the point where Goro has found me a job and I need to meet him at noon the next day).

I'm a bit confused about the widescreen debate. I have QTEs where animations on the side of the screen are frozen, which was supposedly the reason why D3T couldn't implement wide screen cutscenes. If they left those in, I fail to see how that argument holds.

I don’t know why some of you are pointing the finger at Sony. None of the other versions are properly patched to this day; how is this Sony’s fault?

Let’s be real: Sega fucked this one up. This release was obviously rushed for whatever reason, which is just sad. Perhaps their “most requested remaster of all time” should’ve been treated with a tad more respect, and polished an additional month. What negative consequences would have resulted from a delay anyway?

It’s like some of these companies are still stuck in the 90’s. “We have to release ___ before ___ comes out, or it might hurt our sales since children only get games twice a year”. Video games are so ingrained in the culture nowadays that no one gives a shit anymore how many games come out at the same time. You know what annoys adult gamers in the 21st century? Broken games. Oops.

It’s been over a week. This is getting infuriating.

Wait, isn't D3T supposed to do all the testing, to ensure that the product is polished?

I thought the publisher only does testing for localisation purposes, not for QA.

Not having that tone either.

I agree with everything you're saying but I'm sorry there's a way to go about it and being aggressive isn't it.

If people don't want to listen to reason that's fine.

Is it acceptable currently. Most say not. Is it common practice now? Unfortunately so.

If you've an issue with it please let Sega know.
aggressive tone?? What lol..

No it really isn't common practice at all. Most games get a day 1,day 2 or day 3patch if exhibiting these kinds of issues. This was pushed out of the door too early.

We all share a common love for this series on here. But imagine these re-releases were your first exposure to the games.. You wouldn't be impressed would you. The only reason you're being so sensitive is because sega/d3t reps visit this board, and you think it would look bad that a member is basically telling the truth about this situation. Whatever man, the games are a mess, and it's been over a week now without an eta on when to expect patches on consoles. But it's cool, you keep defending them

Yes, there's a wrong belief that the Xbox version is better because the game version is numbered differently (currently 1.03 i believe), but it is exactly in the same state as other versions.
I see the list of bugs in the bug thread and I'm just really concerned about this company's ability to fix DOZENS of bugs. It sounds like they never fixed the Genesis collection (???). I'm glad this collection sold well, but think of the damage this bug-fest is going to do to the series if they don't get ahead of this...

That's what I'm worried about. I know this is a port instead of emulation, but their track record isn't exactly reassuring me at this point. On the other hand, it sounds like the PC patch fixed a bunch of major stuff... is that accurate?

aggressive tone?? What lol..

No it really isn't common practice at all. Most games get a day 1,day 2 or day 3patch if exhibiting these kinds of issues. This was pushed out of the door too early.

We all share a common love for this series on here. But imagine these re-releases were your first exposure to the games.. You wouldn't be impressed would you. The only reason you're being so sensitive is because sega/d3t reps visit this board, and you think it would look bad that a member is basically telling the truth about this situation. Whatever man, the games are a mess, and it's been over a week now without an eta on when to expect patches on consoles. But it's cool, you keep defending them

You might want to read some of my previous posts before saying I'm defending them to the hilt.

And I also agree that the worst end of these fault might put people off but judging by the comments on reset era there have been many positive experiences. And in my playthrough I only experienced the cutscenes issue once in Shenmue 1. In 2 the game is fine but the music is out.

All I've asked for is an opportunity for them to put it right and they are with the pc and will have to for Japan which I know is months away but I'm hopeful to happen soon. I'll the bugs topic (I'm sure you have) to report issues and report them to Sega. Use social media and let them know you and others are not happy. Plenty have.

I'm drawing a line under this now so not to derail the topic further.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back