Backer Copies | General Thread & Shipping Information

I’m guessing there will be a market for these. Anything of a limited nature will have buyers.
Usually you need time for something limited to appreciate in value. This is just a backer trying to cash-in on gullible speculators. Like all those idiots who buy #1 issue comic books in the hope they'll be worth something in 20 years.

I'm definitely going to store that slipcase in a very dark drawer. I always expected it to be lame, but I still had some hope that the finish would be good, with texture, varnish or something like that. But no, they only used the principle of least effort.

But I'm glad it's not the day one edition. We won't get the bonus content, but at least we don't have that stripe ruining the cover. In stores, I suspect it will be a while before you can buy that standard edition.

Usually you need time for something limited to appreciate in value. This is just a backer trying to cash-in on gullible speculators. Like all those idiots who buy #1 issue comics books in the hope they'll be worth something in 20 years.

True enough. I guess some might try to cash in on the initial hype before things level out somewhat. Whether it sells or not is something else entirely.

I'm definitely going to store that slipcase in a very dark drawer. I always expected it to be lame, but I still had some hope that the finish would be good, with texture, varnish or something like that. But no, they only used the principle of least effort.

But I'm glad it's not the day one edition. We won't get the bonus content, but at least we don't have that stripe ruining the cover. In stores, I suspect it will be a while before you can buy that standard edition.

i was unrealistically hoping that the game would come in the slip case and then sealed over. I guess this can be accomplished if I really want to.

probably another silly question, but what kind of content are we likely to miss out on that the day one edition would have? Surely it will be downloaded anyway from PSN once we run the game right?

If I remember correctly, it's extra tokens for gambling/mini games, some stamina drinks and possibly an additional outfit? I'm not 100% sure though. The full details are on most retail listings.

If I remember correctly, it's extra tokens for gambling/mini games, some stamina drinks and possibly an additional outfit? I'm not 100% sure though. The full details are on most retail listings.
It's the following:-
3x Snake Power
25x Capsule Toy Tickets
5000x Tokens for Gambling
1x Blazing Kick Technique Scroll

I'm thinking if I should redeem them lol I don't want the first 3 but if this is the only way to get Blazing Kick, then I want it :p

I hope all outfits, avatars and themes will be available to buy in their own right outside of the day one edition and pre order bonuses.

Last edited:
It's the following:-
3x Snake Power
25x Capsule Toy Tickets
5000x Tokens for Gambling
1x Blazing Kick Technique Scroll

I'm thinking if I should redeem them lol I don't want the first 3 but if this is the only way to get Blazing Kick, then I want it :p
Nothing you can't get from playing the game. Will feel more rewarding earning these in game.

1st arrival of the backer version, the packaging does not mention the title "day one edition".

Japan version kickstarter edition
191117092542802887.jpg

191117093650756223.jpg
Did you open the game already? Is there anything on the inside? Some kind of manual or anything

That slipcase wasn't the sexiest thing I ever saw but I don't hate it. But I'm one of the weirdoes who likes the cover they came up with. I hated it at first but it grew on me so probably disregard everything I say haha.

So I wonder what the Slacker Backer case looks like because it's supposed to be exclusive?

slacker.jpg

EDIT: We'll probably find out tomorrow as I'm a slacker and everything points to it getting here to me in Sweden tomorrow. About 24 hours from now! *hyped to death*

So I wonder what the Slacker Backer case looks like because it's supposed to be exclusive?

It will be the same slipcase, as @thefavoriteplay confirmed here before:

I thought I'd post this here and I dont know if it has been mentioned but -

The Slacker Backer Slipcase/Cover is the same as the Kickstarter cover. I just received confirmation of this from Fangamer.
Bummer because the only reason I backed Slacker Backer as well was I thought they were getting an alternate cover.
Was I wrong in this assumption?

--"Hey there Joseph,

Kickstarter bakers and Slacker backers are receiving the same slipcase for their copies of Shenmue 3.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
Thank you."--

It will be the same slipcase, as @thefavoriteplay confirmed here before:

Aww, thanks for the heads-up though!

I wonder why they said "Exclusive Slacker Backer" case then. Guess it's just one of those things that can happen with Kickstarter. I don't care all that much though. At this point I just wanna play the game I have waited more than half of my life for!

1st arrival of the backer version, the packaging does not mention the title "day one edition".

Japan version kickstarter edition
191117092542802887.jpg

191117093650756223.jpg
Could you check the CUSA code on the spine/disc if you've opened it and let me know what it is.

Back