Backer Copies | General Thread & Shipping Information

...that slipcase just inspired me to pre-order the Best Buy steelbook. That slipcase is pure trash. Oh well, one more sale for Shenmue 3!
I am in the vast minority here, but I actually like that slipcase. In my opinion it is stylish and understated. Don’t get me wrong, the steel book looks great. But watching that unboxing video has converted me into a believer on the slipcase.

I like the slipcase more than the default cover but less than the steelbook cover. :unsure:
Use your Slipcase over the Steelbook, that's what I will be doing.

But I don't mind the Slipcase, What's more important is what it represents, that I backed this projct and I'm damn proud of it!

On a side note, I se emy copy has arrived at my City, do you still think it'll take 2 Days - it's scheduled for the 19th:
1574002495272.png

Use your Slipcase over the Steelbook, that's what I will be doing.

But I don't mind the Slipcase, What's more important is what it represents, that I backed this projct and I'm damn proud of it!
The biggest thing for me will be seeing my comment and name in the Guestbook. I feel very lucky that I should now be enshrined in my favourite game series.

Having watched the unboxing, I really don’t have an issue with the slip case at all. I ‘ahem’ kind of like it even. I mean, it would have been nice to have a bit of texture but at the end of the day it’s the game that matters the most. I think I will be shrink wrapping one of my copies with the backer case on.

All the slipcase needed was a little extra dimension.

I’m thinking hard about the steelbook now though. That’ll make my fourth copy of the game. Not sure if I can justify that.

The biggest thing for me will be seeing my comment and name in the Guestbook. I feel very lucky that I should now be enshrined in my favourite game series.

Wish I could have done something similar, alas it was not to be *looks at wallet*

Ooh, just checked my USPS tracking and things seem to be moving along.

Screenshot_20191118-005921.png

I wonder if that latest update is as encouraging as it sounds. I've never used USPS before, so have no idea what to expect, but as it's already left Los Angeles, I wonder if it's going directly to Tokyo. If so, maybe it'll come on or near release after all.

Or perhaps I'm being hopelessly optimistic and it's actually on its way to another regional centre in the US or something.

According to the unboxing video, the game is packaged in a small box, which fits in a mailbox. That means, the post man won‘t ring - he just puts the package into the mailbox. And that means, I won‘t get notified, when the game is delivered.

Oh man, I think I’ll check every hour tomorrow morning or I’ll pitch a tent outside.

According to the unboxing video, the game is packaged in a small box, which fits in a mailbox. That means, the post man won‘t ring - he just puts the package into the mailbox. And that means, I won‘t get notified, when the game is delivered.

Oh man, I think I’ll check every hour tomorrow morning or I’ll pitch a tent outside.

Whenever I'm expecting post, I stand at the window waiting for the postman and when they come I stare at them as they walk up my path and if they don't post what I'm expecting or they walk past my house then I scowl at them.

Whenever I'm expecting post, I stand at the window waiting for the postman and when they come I stare at them as they walk up my path and if they don't post what I'm expecting or they walk past my house then I scowl at them.

and the postman thinks: I‘ve never seen such a cold stare, man :oops:

On a side note, I see my copy has arrived at my City, do you still think it'll take 2 Days - it's scheduled for the 19th:
Mine is in the same situation, it's in my city (London) but still slated for the 19th. What'll most likely happen is tonight (17th) they'll send it to your local delivery office, process it tomorrow (18th) and then deliver it Tuesday (19th).

As for the slip-case folks have been posted, for me it's rather bland in my opinion. But I'm also going to put it into storage with the other slipcases I have, so it wont be sitting on my shelf.

I pitch a tent too whenever I think about how close we are to Shenmue III

boner.png

Anyone received the code for epic launcher game?
I still haven't received anything or get a notification.

You'll get it on release most likely. So sometime during November 19th.

I reckon I'm suddenly going to come down with a migraine tomorrow at work the second my tracking link informs me the game has been delivered. What a weird coincidence ;)

Edit: I'm not actually serious, by the way. I promise.

Back