Backer Copies | General Thread & Shipping Information

UK - received no e-mail still. Starting to think I won't get it in time.

I hope they at least e-mail the code to those who chose physical too but they may not, as it would annoy those who chose digital.

I went back to the earlier e-mail to check my address was confirmed and it gave me the option to confirm again. I did it, then went back and I could also confirm again. Odd. It's like the confirmation says it is accepted but I still can get it accepted again.
Is this for the PC Physical? If so, you will just be getting a code to download the game, as they will send the box out later.
If PS4 PAL, then you should have received a email and tracking code by now. get an email on Friday, as that's when it will be dispatched.

Last edited:

I hope they at least e-mail the code to those who chose physical too but they may not, as it would annoy those who chose digital.

I went back to the earlier e-mail to check my address was confirmed and it gave me the option to confirm again. I did it, then went back and I could also confirm again. Odd. It's like the confirmation says it is accepted but I still can get it accepted again.

Sorry for the triple post. UK people are having theirs posted on Friday.

Dispatch is Friday via Royal Mail 48 hour. Money says it arrives Monday. That's for the UK as I understand it.

Is this for the PC Physical? If so, you will just be getting a code to download the game, as they will send the box out later.
If PS4 PAL, then you should have received a email and tracking code by now. get an email on Friday, as that's when it will be dispatched.
I got PC physical. I had no idea, somehow I missed the information/memo on the physical code being e-mailed on release date with the box to follow. Thanks for confirming.

Mine was shipped as well (to Portugal).

I backed the 60$ physical version:

Does anyone know if the Playstation 4 case is the standard one or is a kickstarter special case?

Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken, it's the standard PS4 plastic case, but inside an exclusive cardboard sleeve.

It should look like this mockup they showed some time ago (the blue one):

Physical_Reward_02-1024x684.jpg

Of course, it will not have that poor quality nor will it say "front panel".

But, to be honest, I'm not in love with the design...

Nothing...even sent an email. Very worried now.

US, right? I think it could still take some days

I haven't got anything either, but I also ordered the physical PC version which I have a feeling is going to be delayed. Not the code obviously, just the case and disc.

Yup, you'll get the code first. I hope for your sake you get the code before the 19th so you can pre-load and be ready on the 19th. If it works that way?

Haven't gotten confirmation yet.

Where do you live?

US (central) based.

No email confirmation for the label.
No email confirmation for shipping.

I had to bug them to get confirmation of my address being confirmed. No automated email for that.

Glad for the fans with shipping confirmations but I'm starting to feel like a passenger on the Titanic watching the last life boat rowing away.

I never got the address confirmation email. I know it's right in my survey... I bugged them with a support email but haven't received anything yet.
Getting worried :/

I got a response(though not much of one):

Hey there,

"The release date for Shenmue 3 is November 19th 2019. Although we cannot guarantee any delivery time-frame for physical releases you will receive an email notification when your rewards have shipped. Please let us know if you have any other questions"

So I guess I'm still just waiting.

I got a response(though not much of one):

Hey there,

"The release date for Shenmue 3 is November 19th 2019. Although we cannot guarantee any delivery time-frame for physical releases you will receive an email notification when your rewards have shipped. Please let us know if you have any other questions"

So I guess I'm still just waiting.

I wouldn't worry, I don't know how early you backed the game, but It's pretty standard practice to shipout/fill the orders, in order they received them in, and they just started doing such.

Last edited:
Not sure about the DLC but you'll have to uninstall the preloaded game and reinstall it with the disc since that's how the PS4 works with digital vs. disc. If you want to play it digitally, you'll have to delete the disc installation and redownload the digital version.

Really? Damn--for awhile I had been planning to have digital purchases of all Shenmue(s), Yakuza(s) so I can swap between one and another with one; disc in the drive being whichever I'm playing most at the time.

Back