Backer Copies | General Thread & Shipping Information

Can we drive to Wolverhampton to collect it? So close now!!
Heh. Probably not. But don't let me stop you from trying anyway. :p

I wonder why some of us are getting it on Monday and others are getting it on Tuesday. I tend to find Royal Mail are very reliable for getting 1st class/24 hour packages to me next day and 2nd class/48 hour packages to me within two days. Weird that it's split here like 2:3 for people getting it on Monday or Tuesday.
I'd speculate that they were handed over in batches and as a result staggered the parcels, and some were beyond a threshold for delivery on the 18th.

I just hope that the Royal Mail wont believe my house is "inaccessible" again. They delayed a parcel for something else a couple of weeks ago for that reason, though it's more likely that they just didn't bother trying to deliver it that day at all.

In the end, personally, I'm not too bothered about my parcel being delivered a day later than most others. I wont be playing Shenmue 3 any time soon anyway.

We got a tracking number here in NA.

Guess it depends on the shipper.
More rather, it'd depend more on if it's being shipped internationally. Domestic parcels are easier to track after all especially with a national postal service like Royal Mail or USPS.

So earlier this week, I contacted Fangamer to ask about my order and check if it would still be possible to make a last-minute region change from PAL to JP (which I also requested and was told would be fine well over a month ago!), and received what seems to be a generic, scripted response:

Hello Alex,

Unfortunately the deadline for platform or region changes has passed and we would be unable to make any changes to your survey.
Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
Thank you.

To say I'm pissed off is an understatement. I accept that I was too late to change my game region (I previously lived in the UK), and if it was only a case of missing the deadline, I wouldn't have minded at all. But the fact that I was told about six weeks ago that they could change my region no problem, only to not respond to my email after they asked me to confirm, and now this shitty response just leaves me with a really bad impression.

I don't think I'm an overly entitled person, but when I am told something can be done, only to then be ignored when confirming that I would like said thing to be done, and later have my query basically dismissed, I think I have grounds to be angry.

View attachment 5518
Mines set for the 19th, really was hoping to get it on the Monday :(

Heard no updates of my ShopTo or SimplyGames CE either - Baffled how some peopel have their ShopTo orders arrive already!
Same with my Kickstarter. I think people managed to get their ShopTo copies early, as they ordered the game, not the CE. The game would have been 1st class which is why it arrived on Sat.

Tempted to persist with trying to get the JP copy I was promised about six weeks ago. Either that or a download code to use on release day. Problem is, they often take forever to reply, and my previous query was basically dismissed by the android who responded to it. Does anyone think it might be worth contacting Kickstarter themselves? Can they supersede Fangamer at all in this regard?

I'm not the type of person who wants something for nothing, but I honestly feel I've been let down pretty badly by Fangamer on this one.

Tempted to persist with trying to get the JP copy I was promised about six weeks ago. Either that or a download code to use on release day. Problem is, they often take forever to reply, and my previous query was basically dismissed by the android who responded to it. Does anyone think it might be worth contacting Kickstarter themselves? Can they supersede Fangamer at all in this regard?

I'm not the type of person who wants something for nothing, but I honestly feel I've been let down pretty badly by Fangamer on this one.
Kickstarter themselves are unlikely to do anything. It's like they provide the space for the projects, but they tend not to get directly involved if at all possible. You could give it a try though.

Getting mine on Monday apparently. LRG isn’t due till Wednesday.

Even though they’ve confirmed they’ll be giving the codes on release day, it isn’t going to stop me from checking if they are available for the next 2 days...
How do we check? I guess they'll be emailed to us? Or automatically applied to our PlayStation accounts (assuming the email account is the same)?

How do we check? I guess they'll be emailed to us? Or automatically applied to our PlayStation accounts (assuming the email account is the same)?
They will be on your Fangamer page. There is a page for downloads and codes.

Don’t worry if you don’t have an email to access it from. In the update they send they’d send out emails confirming when the download codes are available. (I’m still checking my page every few hours today and tomorrow.) Of course we definitely won’t be able to play it until release day, but I’m fine with that.

Back