Battle Rally DLC next week!

This is interesting. As someone that's never download DLC, I don't know what to expect. Some stuff looks like it might be tightly integrated (story content) and the other stuff looks like its going to be tacked on.

Have to wait and see I guess, hope it doesn't present cheaply.

My only knowledge in terms of solo DLC is FF15 and it didn't look good.

Considering how rather underwhelming the side quests were in Shenmue 3 and how the main story was bare-bones, I'm expecting nothing.

For the story DLC, I'm expecting a new side quest will be triggered by talking to someone and it'll involve a few different gameplay types and maybe a cutscene at the beginning or end which, to be fair, is more than you get from the regular main game side quests (if I'm right). I wouldn't go in expecting anything that's going to significantly improve the overall story or anything.

When I initially had seen the DLC on the trophies list for a "Battle Rally" I had just assumed it was more street fights or something like the Rose Garden in Niaowu... this looks pretty interesting! It'll be fun to see how this works, especially as we can play as Ren and Zhen in this one. Looking forward to it!

I posted in the patch update thread that I thought this was BS.... Lol Happy to feel stupid on this occasion. Will buy the DLC pass when I get paid on/around 24th... Might be able to get it sooner... RL and family stuff impedes Shenmue time lol.

When I initially had seen the DLC on the trophies list for a "Battle Rally" I had just assumed it was more street fights or something like the Rose Garden in Niaowu... this looks pretty interesting! It'll be fun to see how this works, especially as we can play as Ren and Zhen in this one. Looking forward to it!
Exactly this way cooler than I thought it would be.

It's probably just a fun little extra for the fans while we wait for the story DLC. Do not get too hyped.

Also wtf, why is this being confused with the character perspective system?

It's probably just a fun little extra for the fans while we wait for the story DLC. Do not get too hyped.

Also wtf, why is this being confused with the character perspective system?

Whether much thought was put into the comment or not, probably a reaction based on being able to play as another character.

I don't much care for another playable character as I'm more concerned about seeing things through Ryo's eyes...regardless, only significant story elements interest me aside from defect fixes. The other stuff is "meh" until I see it - maybe it'll blow my hair back. Wait and see.

Starting to think this might be what Yu was referring to when he talked about driving toy cars. Feel like we’re going to be racing RC cars around Bailu. Guess that could be fun but agree that it’s best to temper our expectations as I can’t see it being too substantial unless they implement a grind into it somewhere.

I bought the DLC pack pretty much day 1 just because I wanted to give Yu another $15 bucks in hopes that it can help toward financing a Shenmue 4. I had no expectations of what it could be. If Battle Rally is fun, great. I have my doubts, but who knows.

When you buy the DLC pack it will pop up in your trophies right under the regular Shenmue 3 trophies. There are 3 separate Shenmue 3 DLC trophy sets. One is for this "Battle Rally" thing. The other is for one called "Big Merry Cruise", and the other is called "Story Quest Pack".

So it seems that the Big Merry Cruise DLC will be another mini game related type of DLC, while the Story Quest pack will deliver some kind of added story content, and I would assume that it will be the last DLC that we get as it will probably take the longest to make. We can only imagine what the Big Merry Cruise dlc will contain.

hmm since its race oriented, hopefully they include the Arcade/Dreamcast game Ferrari 355 Challenge "wow this really sounds like Sammy Hagar Van Halen era" song that was in Shenmue 1 when Ryo was on the motorcycle.

Scarlatto.

And it has a distinctly Japanese-feel, despite the English-speaking singer.

Based on the trophies, we kind of already have clues as to what the DLC (or story DLC) is going to be.

I'll check out the Battle Rally DLC when it drops next week. The digital PSN copy I bought grants me access to that stuff anyways...but I'm still more curious about the Merry Cruise DLC that is to come.

I'm curious about the timeline of the upcoming story DLC...could it be post game content with a "Surprise! this is leading into Shenmue IV" or is it something trivial in Chobu?

Back