Battle Rally DLC next week!

Definitely looking forward to seeing someone streaming this. I will have it tomorrow morning but if anybody finds a Stream let me know. Thank you!

On PS4, I just downloaded the 1.04 Patch but there is no option for the DLC yet.

Question for the PC players: Is the option in the main menu or do you acess it in game?

Versión 1.04 installed on my PS4 how do I access battle royale DlC?

Broken how? What exactly do you do in the rally? Does the combat feel looser?

I wouldn't say looser cause I just played a couple of times. I mean broken because he has a combo that starts really fast and can defeat every weak thug in one hit.

BUT on the second race I started to have difficulties in reaching the goal in time, so I'm sure its more complex than just spamming one or two techniques.

I'm suprised you don't race with the Ryo in your main savegame, but with a preset Ryo with preselected techniques.

KH9sd0J.png

Saw this on Resetera.

OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!

Related imageRelated imageRelated image

PS4 isn't live, it's only PC and can be accessed from the main menu. A little caveat is that you must have a Niawou save to play battle rally. I've not even played the PC version until today and that's what it told me.Shenmue III   20_01_2020 18_41_23.png

I'm loving the Bailu Chan Hunt.

They are even more hidden than in Niaowu. There is a proximity alarm that helps a lot, at first I thought this would trivialize the searching, but not even close, I spent like 10 minutes looking for 2 of them, even with the alarm :ROFLMAO:

It looks like you have to look at them directly on front, so moving the camera randomly is not helping as much as before. This time, you have to see them before.

I think it's a lot of fun this way, and also different from Niaowu.

You also get rewards for finding them, I got food for my main savegame, and also a buff in attack and strenght in the battle rally.

Yeah it sounds that the Battle Rally is somehow connected to the story after all. Urgent trip to save Bailu after Shenhua got a phone call?

Is it just me or does Ryo's run look less dopey?

I've played it for an hour or so and it seems pretty fun. The "Battle Rally" races are completely over the top arcade style. You basically run through different "courses" that are sections of Bailu. The map has been edited to include people cheering and a course made. You have to make it to checkpoints before time runs out like Hang On and Outrun whilst beating people up along the way.

Ren, Wei Zhen and Ryo all have different special moves which is cool. Here's some basic Ryo gameplay where I failed lol. I did get first later though:

You only start with one unlocked course - Rainbow Basin, I managed to get the high score after numerous tries and unlocked a new move for Ryo for the main game.

The Chobu Chan scavenger hunt is separated in to individual maps too, 20 Chobu Chans per different areas of Bailu. I managed to find all 20 in the first Village Square map area and won unlocks for more Battle Rally maps, Chobu Maps along with upgrades to my power and speed for the Battle Rally games - which is great because the next courses seem to get harder and harder as show here in some Ren gameplay:

Overall it's very arcadey and it appears to be some challenge progression as you unlock more races. You seem to unlock moves if you get first which will probably take a few tries. It's fun for sure but if you don't like hunting Chobu Chans and arcadey racing style games combined with Streets of Rage / Fighting Force then it may not be for you.

Back