Collecting herbs. Has anyone got a trophy yet?

Mhm, read the April 10th thing as well.

I made a second save right before leaving Bailu and since I literally have done nothing in Niaowu so far, I'm thinking of going back to the old save and just trying to get the last 20 (or less) herbs (I found about 17 last night, almost all around Shenhua's house), but I'm having trouble locating any more, anywhere else (did find one in... not Hermit's Nest, but the other remote location... Basin or whatever).

I'm going to most-likely do another sweep of the rice fields and I've already scoured around Verdant bridge (found 4 more there, one I'm positive that respawned).

Thanks for the temple one; I'll take another look! Really wish we had a tracker to... well, keep track lol.

L
I wonder if it's just best to wait until April 10th to do a full sweep of the village again. Seems like it would be so time consuming to search everyday.

Trust me, it is. In fact, I found the map to be too big to do a thorough sweep every day. If I get the time, I might start another new game and try and collect 191 from Bailu using the maps I made. Unless someone else wants to pick up the button. That'll let us know the initial spawn locations are the same and if the one's that spawn later do so randomly or not. Knowing Yu-san, it is probably a rather intricit system that governs them.

I'm still missing an herb or two, then. I found the ones at the Red Snakes hideout, the ones behind the hotel, the one hidden one at the shrine that's on the ground on the right side. Any other easily missed spots? Do side quest herbs not count? I did one side quest that required me to find an herb for the guy to give to his date, but not sure if they count.

I'll try the ones at the castle, in case it does pop the trophy, but I won't be able to check until after tomorrow evening when I get home from work.
Which Shrine has a hidden herb?
Broom girl or the Shrine that gets wrecked by the red snakes?

I finally found the last herb! It was located behind the Tomato Convenience Store, at the FAR end of the path. Had to find it during the dark, but I could've sworn I looked that place up and down three or four times. Well, at least my herb collecting days are over... until the Steam version releases next year haha.

I’m so sad :( I can’t find the final herbs in niaowu.

i got the one in the temple on the rocks I’ve checked everywhere, the weirdest ones I’ve got were :

-the shrine herbs that are on the rocks
-the ones inside the duck catching area
-the ones all along the left side of the promenade behind all the shops and that weird path to nowhere
-the temple that is at the top of the hill that to the right there is some hidden paths
- the one to the right of the fishing shop fish tank

anybody Point any other weird ones out for me

also I failed the fishing in all spots because I didn’t do the guitar sellers quest quick enough. ANYBODY have a guide for the side quests with availability times so that I can be more carefully through the niaowu chapter and not miss a single one.

Me and LemonHaze are currently in the process of dumping all herb locations from the game and making a detailed map. For now I can post a map of Shenhua House area with every single herb. Maybe someone can confirm that all of them are present right from the start.

1575719069008.png

(the Red Dot is an undefined Item - no idea if there's something)

Me and LemonHaze are currently in the process of dumping all herb locations from the game and making a detailed map. For now I can post a map of Shenhua House area with every single herb. Maybe someone can confirm that all of them are present right from the start.

View attachment 6268

(the Red Dot is an undefined Item - no idea if there's something)

If I get a chance, I'll compare it to my map of the area. That might tell us which ones spawn at a later date.

Pretty sure I only have one Licorice and one Jujube left in Bailu (not the one behind the huge boulder, unfortunately), but I'm itching to move on to Niaowu and I'm not sure where else to look! Ah, well.

In case it helps anyone else, the last two herbs I found were behind the abandoned temple. You have to walk around the fenced-in area, and there are two growing along the overgrown walkway.

I’m so sad :( I can’t find the final herbs in niaowu.

i got the one in the temple on the rocks I’ve checked everywhere, the weirdest ones I’ve got were :

-the shrine herbs that are on the rocks
-the ones inside the duck catching area
-the ones all along the left side of the promenade behind all the shops and that weird path to nowhere
-the temple that is at the top of the hill that to the right there is some hidden paths
- the one to the right of the fishing shop fish tank

anybody Point any other weird ones out for me

also I failed the fishing in all spots because I didn’t do the guitar sellers quest quick enough. ANYBODY have a guide for the side quests with availability times so that I can be more carefully through the niaowu chapter and not miss a single one.
I did it by just being aware of the correct order which you can find here (courtesy of existentialSolid on PSN Profiles):

Wagon Bus - Speak to Wang Shangui at the the Funny Masks stand to begin the quest. He will request a Wagon Bus capsule toy from the Car Series. The Car Series set of capsules is located on the outside wall of the arcade close to Hotel Niaowu. Once you have the Wagon Bus toy, return to Wang Shangui to complete the quest.

A Wise Purchase - To begin the quest, go to the area in the port where you disembarked from the boat and you should see a woman in blue named Xing. She will request 4 items and ask that you collect them for as cheap a price as posssible. Below are the 4 items and a cheap place to purchase them from:
Blue fan - Traveler's Goods
Xiaolongbao - Crazy Dim Sum
Monk Fruit - The Fruit Basket
Niaowu Walker - Dusty Pages
Return with all 4 items to Xing to complete the quest.

Catch the Skipper! - Ma Jialing at the front desk of Hotel Niaowu will ask you to collect the hotel fee of a client that skipped out on the bill. You can find the client right behind the forklift warehouse. He will fight you when you encounter him. Simply defeat him and return the bill to Ma Jialing to complete the quest.

Ren to the Rescue - Ren will roam around the area near Hotel Niaowu once you first encounter him in the story. Speak to him to begin the quest. He will ask you to find an Almond Mushroom. Go to Tough Guy Herbs where you will find an Almond Mushroom on sale for 50 yuan. Purchase the mushroom and return to Ren in the area near Hotel Niaowu. He will later appear outside the Peace of Pawn shop. Speak to him again to complete the quest.

River Fishing Festival - Speak to Tang Yingqiu at the Get River Fish stall to begin the quest. Starting at noon, you will need to catch the most fish by 3 PM to win a competition. I recommend renting the most expensive equipment and going to the fishing spot to the left of the Liu Jiao shrine entrance (small and very rocky fishing area). While fishing, reel in immediately after you cast out to both lure the fish towards you and minimize the amount of line you need to reel in (this technique is fast and will also work for Angler Extraordinaire). I needed to catch 17 fish but this number might vary. Speak to Yang Yingiu again after 3 PM while carrying the most fish to complete the quest.

Vegetable Vigilance – Speak to Shi Zirou at the Villiage Vegetable stand to begin the quest. You will be asked to find a termite mushroom. One can be found to the right of the Peking Duck House. Return to Shi Zirou with the mushroom to complete the quest.

Ryo Plays Cupid – Speak to Zou Leyong from Beats of Rage to begin the quest. He will ask you to find out the interests of Hua Shengling at the Cake Shop next door. Speak to her to find out that she likes flowers. Speak to Zou Leyong again, then proceed to Nihao Flowers and speak to Fan Xiaoru to learn about the Dreaming Maiden Flower. One of the flowers is located next to the fishing spot right across from the Get River Fish shop. Return to Zou Leyong with the flower to complete the quest.

Pink Panda of Happiness – Speak to Lang Baodong at the Lion Smart Ball to begin the quest. She will ask you to find a pink panda. The pink panda can be won at the Lucky Hit stand near Hotel Niaowu. Give the pink panda to Lang Baodong to complete the quest.

Guilin Roll Creation! – Speak to Jiang Youqun from Sushi Heaven to begin the quest. They will ask you to find 3 ingredients ideas for sushi.
Ingredient 1: Speak to Zhu Qinmeng at the Peking Duck House for “Peking Duck.”
Ingredient 2: Speak to Ooyang Ming at the Fruit Basket for “monk fruit.”
Ingredient 3: Speak to Fan Xiaoru at Nihao Flowers for “sweet olives.”
You may be able to skip ingredients 1 and 2 by repeatedly speaking to Jiang Youqun for quest details until she tells you about flowers. Regardless, report to Jiang Youqun once you have “sweet olives” and make sweet olive sushi to complete the quest.

Niaowu Tour – Speak to the tour guide Wu Xiuming at the Ferry Terminal to begin the quest. He will ask you to find 6 flags.
Flag 1: Found on the pier where you disembarked from the boat.
Flag 2: Found in Vendor Avenue across from Buddha Heaven.
Flag 3: Found on the path to Hua Xiao Temple.
Flag 4: Found to the right of the Liu Jiao shrine entrance.
Flag 5: Found behind the second section of Liu Jiao shrine.
Flag 6: Found to the right of the Golden Goose.
Speak to Wu Xiuming after finding all 6 flags to complete the quest.

Hidden Treasure – Speak to Bai Zizi from the Exotic Books stand to begin the quest. She will ask that you retrieve her doll from Wei Demin. Find Demin to the left of the Blue Skies Gallery on Vendor Avenue and speak with him. Next, proceed to the empty lot near the entrance of Vendor Avenue where you will find a Yellow Panda on top of a crate. Return the panda to Bai Zizi to complete the quest.

Makeover Girl – Speak to Shi Weimin from Stonehead Haircuts to begin the quest. He will ask you to find a woman willing to model a new haircut. Speak to Myao just outside of the Golden Goose. A cutscene will play of Myao receiving a haircut and the quest will be completed.

Stolen Sutra – Speak to Lin Shiling at Liu Jiao shrine to begin the quest. Go to the Golden Goose and speak with Ren. Next, proceed to the Cash First pawn shop and speak with Peng Junjie. He will charge you 200 Yuan for the stolen goods. Pay for the stolen goods and return them to Lin Shiling to complete the quest.

Troubled Drug Store – Speak with Pan Zhiyao from the Healthy Drug pharmacy. He will request 3 herbs: huang qin root, coptis root, and da huang root stalk. The da huang root stalk is exclusive to this quest and is found in the gated area next to Hotel Niaowu behind a boulder. The huang qin root and coptis roots can be found in Duck Heaven and elsewhere throughout Niaowu if you do not already have one of each. Once you have the complete set, return to Pan Zhiyao to complete the quest.

The Greatest Fortune - Speak with Shi Jiesheng at the Lucky Number Fortunes shop. After receiving your fortune, go to the Snowman Ice Cream shop in New Paradise and you will encounter two thugs. Beat them up and return to the fortune teller to complete the quest.

Just check with the next person after each story beat. I just popped the trophy on my first playthrough using that method.

Holy Mother i got the Niaowu one. Last herb was hidden in the middle of two rocks, above the ground, in the flower garden just behind Hotel Niaowu. I had been there before but didnt catch this one because it isnt exactly on the ground. There was also one hard to see really close to the stairs (back entrance) behind the Heaven Fist shop in senary road (or the building next to it, dont remember.

The best thing I could do was keep track of the total number of herbs I had collected. Add one each time you get one. This way you know how close you are to the goal of 191 in Bailu and 199 in Niaowu (even though I thought, certainly mistaken, that I had 195 herbs in niaowu when the trophy popped)

So I started NG+ at Bailu in order to chase the missing herbs and the respective trophy. I noticed that the colored herbs (such as bellflower) and poria cocos remain collected from my first play, but all licorice, and licorice only, seem to have respawned. What is it about these?

Yeah, i start to believe the game is trolling me. According to my "absolute" Counter, I am now on 200 herbs in Niaowu. The last 4 or so herbs i found where licorice, i begin to suspect those are just rewspans. My second counter is unclear, it is the number of all herbs currently in my possession, minus the ones i collected in bailu which sums to 195. You would have to add 2 herbs for Troubled Drug Store quest plus an unknown amount for one scroll i unfortunately exchanged.
Do we have a numbers of single herbs in Niaowu which must be collected?
Is 32 licorice to much already?

Back