Collecting herbs. Has anyone got a trophy yet?

Xanatus joined wanting to get the complete map, he didn't have access to the PC version but provided some very rough starting concepts/pseudo-code to take a look at. After a couple of days of tinkering, I turned it into working code and managed to dump every herb to file. He then applied my data on to the map :)

Are both on the same save?

that’s what I’m thinking has happened here. After getting the Bailu trophy I loaded a previous save game from Niaowu when I hadn’t started the herb run at all. So no, different saves and playthroughs. Is it a fact that they need to be earned in the same play through, like the side quests? Kind of hope that’s it because it’s an easy fix then.

Last edited:
YAAAAS! Got the Platinum to pop.

I had to replay the whole of Niaowu starting from the same saved game of when I got the Bailu herbs trophy. And it was totally worth it because I’m sad like that and it was genuinely bugging me, a lot. It took like a whole 10 seconds to pop and I was thinking I’d ballsed it up somehow.

the real issue was that I practically had to play it almost to end again because you need access to the Red Snakes hideout to get the final 4 herbs, and that’s only available after Shenhua’s been taken to the castle.

Edit: Lesson is, always get the herb trophies on the same playthrough. Same goes for the side quests.

EE0133AB-4234-4D2F-B989-66C45A1544E8.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 6949Finally got the Bailu trophy! Was so close to giving up, I’d found the bit above the pumpkin patch already but didn’t realise there was another hill to walk up until now, and lo and behold, the final herb!! Such a relief. Now I’ve got all the fun of trying to find them all in Niaowu 😛

I’d say Bailu is definitely harder than Niaowu, as I also had a few moments in Bailu when I considered just giving up. Niaowu is more straight forward. Are you using the maps in this thread or just going it yourself?

Right, so here’s a cropped part of the map where I found the Peony that wasn’t marked on my map:

View attachment 6905

The maps we provided show only the herbs that are there from the beginning for everyone.
There are several more herbs that spawn additionally at some point, possibly at random.
Until now we believed these random herbs don't count towards the trophy. You're the first one to confirm that they do.

I’d say Bailu is definitely harder than Niaowu, as I also had a few moments in Bailu when I considered just giving up. Niaowu is more straight forward. Are you using the maps in this thread or just going it yourself?
I managed without using the maps- (though very close to resorting to it!)guess I grabbed a lot of them in my first play through.

The maps we provided show only the herbs that are there from the beginning for everyone.
There are several more herbs that spawn additionally at some point, possibly at random.
Until now we believed these random herbs don't count towards the trophy. You're the first one to confirm that they do.

Ah right, i didn’t realise. I thought the only ones that respawned were liquorice and possibly jujube. And definitely didn’t know they respawned in different places.

Regardless, if it wasn’t for your maps I would taken eons more to get them, so thank you.

Back