Digital bonuses bumping on fangamer...

Yeah I backed at I Am Shenmue and while my backer code worked, I redeemed the DLC code while Shenmue III code was installing, but I see no sign of the DLC in game or in the Epic Store launcher. Maybe I should have redeemed after installation was complete? I thought it would download something which is why I redeemed after download had completed but installation was in progress.

same issue here, redeems shenmue 3, started download, redeems DLC ID05 (I am Shenmue $1500 tier) and all I got was a capsule toy set, no phone card or anything else for that matter...

I don't like asking for this, but could you share the code for the jacket? I heard the code can be activated multiple times. The jacket is really badass.
I think you need the matching DLC pack to unlock it. I'm guessing this because when I tried to enter my backer code it told me I didn't have the DLC installed.

Could someone provide the product code for PS4 (I guess it's the same for all?) for the phone card tier? I selected the PC version but would like to use it now on PS4 CE. If I enter my backer code it says I need to enter the product code from PS Store to unlock it.

Backer password doesn't work. It tells me go redeem an EGS code, but I've already redeemed both the game and the DLC code.

Reactions: Ren
Emailed Fangamer again at [email protected], hopefully someone can sort this out.

@I Got Sriracha In My DNA , did everything unlock for you after entering the Backer Code? Are you on PC or PS4?
In follow up to my earlier post. I've now entered my backer code ingame (after redeeming the DLC05) and I have the same. It came up with:-

Toy Capsule Box Set
"This is Cool!"
The reward above was unlocked.

After getting in game, however, I only unlocked the following:-
SD Chai
SD Ryo
SD Ryo Forklift Ver.
SD Shenhua

You Acquired the above items.

So I didn't receive the phone card, backer jacket or the rest of the items either.
Please let me know what fangamer says :D

I'm pretty sure that we would have to download something once we redeem the DLC right? Isn't that what people had to do on the PS4 (something like 1.8mb download). If so, we don't have that, which might explain why it isn't in game yet.

Edit:-
Also, I found out that you can prove that you redeemed the DLC code and that it's linked to your EGS account. You have to go to the webstore, login, and then you can go to account > transactions > then hit the dropdown in the top right and select Code Redemption History. Your DLC reward pack will then show up there :)

Last edited:
So after reinstalling Shenmue III still insists that I haven't installed the backer DLC from the EGS even though I entered in the code, and entering it again just says it has been redeemed (also the code shows up in my account). Not sure if this is on Shenmue III's end or EGS, leaning towards EGS just not installing my DLC. If anyone figures out a fix for this please post it because as of right now I'm not sure what to do. I've verified the game, I've reinstalled, not sure what else I can do.

I'm sorry, maybe it's a simple quesion, but I'm out of the loop on this thing.

I backed at the dice dude tier, with guestbook included. I just want to be sure that the codes are not supposed to activate our stuff, since they sent the picture of the dice in pdf. Are those things included in the 1.00 of the game?

Emailed Fangamer again at [email protected], hopefully someone can sort this out.

@I Got Sriracha In My DNA , did everything unlock for you after entering the Backer Code? Are you on PC or PS4?

I'm on PS4. I got everything I was supposed to get after I entered the Backer Code. So I don't know if this was the difference but I already was playing the game before I entered the backer code.

Theory: What if the DLC Code from Fangamer is only for the highest reward and the ones below are not automatically included? I got DLC08 and got nothing ingame because this reward comes later in the game (Dreams Come True). I think Fangamer would have to give everyone the appropriate DLCs (e.g. 1-5) when applicable.

Kind regards
Nirobai

Theory: What if the DLC Code from Fangamer is only for the highest reward and the ones below are not automatically included? I got DLC08 and got nothing ingame because this reward comes later in the game (Dreams Come True). I think Fangamer would have to give everyone the appropriate DLCs (e.g. 1-5) when applicable.

Kind regards
Nirobai

good theory but i got the telephone card immediately on my ps4 copy (for example)

Sounds like the common denominator is the Epic Store/PC version not allowing for phone card/move scroll/backer costume download, so I don't think this is a Fangamer issue. Let's see what Epic says.

So I got a 5 digit code. What is it for and where do I input it?
It's your backer code. Go into the options and I think 3rd menu over there's an option for the backer code. Enter it there.

Have you got any digital rewards from the Kickstarter? You need to claim them via PSN or Epic first (using the 12 digit code they give you on that store) then go into the game an enter the backer code.

It's your backer code. Go into the options and I think 3rd menu over there's an option for the backer code. Enter it there.

Have you got any digital rewards from the Kickstarter? You need to claim them via PSN or Epic first (using the 12 digit code they give you on that store) then go into the game an enter the backer code.
I don't think so. I got the $100 slacker backer one which is just the game and my name in the credits.

Have you downloaded and installed you backer DLC yet? I read someone on here say you have to install that first for whatever reason.
How do I do that? I actually haven't opened the backer case (is there something in the case?, I still have the plastic on) as I purchased the game digitall

Back