Discovering New Things? Small Details You've Noticed This Time Around?

I never knew that you can play QTE Title and Excite QTE2 in Kowloon until yesterday

I called Nozomi on the night after Ryo dealt with Enoki harassing Nozomi. Apparently she didn't hear back from them which actually made breathe a small sigh of relief.

In Kowloon, if you get a score of 300,000 or higher in QTE Title (Located in the Moon Child Orphanage)
It seems that Honji will give you the prize, rather than his teacher. (I said seems because redream would not show me the character model)
If any of you guys can record this Ryo getting his prize in the orphanage, that would be amazing!

If you map glitch out of the yellow head building and go back to Ren's hideout, Joy will no longer be there. I think that's pretty cool.

Reminds me of Fuku-San being nowhere to be found prior to 7pm on the day of the Chai fight (after you fight Chai). Since Fuku saves Ryo in the event that he loses, that explains his disappearance after Ryo wins... It's these small things that make the world feel 'real'.

Last edited:
Oh, I just remembered, when I played the game a long time ago, I did the Lucky Hit job in Thousand White Quarter in Kowloon.

While I was playing with one of the customers, the ball got stuck in some of the nails. This triggered a cutscene where the customer gets another ball due to the last one getting stuck.

I do not think I will be able to pull this off again.

but if you wanna try, go ahead. I think this may be possible on any Lucky Hit stand

In Kowloon, if you get a score of 300,000 or higher in QTE Title (Located in the Moon Child Orphanage)
It seems that Honji will give you the prize, rather than his teacher. (I said seems because redream would not show me the character model)
If any of you guys can record this Ryo getting his prize in the orphanage, that would be amazing!
Wait, seriously? I always just assumed you wouldn't get the prize if you did it there!
@BlueMue , think this needs to be a video!

i never knew that you could stay awake until 02:00 AM in Kowloon!
it was a complete coincidence. i was fighting Chunyan and i beat her after 11 PM. Ryo looking to his watch and he must go to the hideout but then the cutscene where the scout gives you the message to meet him in Dragon Street triggered! now i am freely exploring the city after 11 PM! i was curious about how much i will be able to explore the city before the game forces me to go to bed and it was 2:00 AM where the game forces Ryo to return to dragon street to meet the scout.

Alright this took ages and I don't know if it's even relevant anymore. Sorry but I got so lost in rebuilding my computer wich took ages and ages until I got everything setup for making videos, that I also completely lost the touch of the things going on here.

So... I'm back now!

I like how Hongji says "Wow, you're cool!" with such admiration. Ryo remains silent for quite some time, then finally turns and says in a totally dismissive tone, "Not really."

Alright this took ages and I don't know if it's even relevant anymore. Sorry but I got so lost in rebuilding my computer wich took ages and ages until I got everything setup for making videos, that I also completely lost the touch of the things going on here.

So... I'm back now!

Its much appreciated man believe me! Didn't even know you could still get the prizes in Kowloon, so was cool to see :)

So... I'm back now!

The jump from Japanese to English was funny, for a few seconds it left me confused.

The fridge in the Moon Child orphanage has the same pictures on it as the fridge in Ren’s hideout.

Also, if you look at the top of the fridge in the orphanage, they just copied and pasted the door design onto the top instead of just designing it. So I guess the fridge has two doors ??

On my current playthrough I was learning the double blow move and performed it first time without full instruction.

The dialogue went in a slightly different direction with Yamagishi saying that he was amazed at the ability and Ryo truly is a Hazuki. A nice touch

I don't remember the scene vividly because I played through the Shenmue I re-release within the end of August but I took a photo of the scene since it surprised me (in a good way) and I'm sure I've never experienced it before.

I was looking for the warehouse #8 location and I started talking to Minako at the Tomato Convenience Store. She suggested me to look for warehouse #8 on a Yokosuka map they should have in store but then told me that the maps are sold out at the moment.

The number of different and contextual dialogue lines in Shenmue is just astounding.
That game was so ahead of its time.
Shenmue_20180825003616.jpg

Back