Forklifting - How Much Yen?

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Thief (XBOX); Pit People (XBOX), Hitman 3 (PS)
Like a lot of people here, I'm currently running through Shenmue 1 & 2 prior to the release of 3 on the 19th of November.

I've always wondered how much money you could make forklifting by repeating the most profitable day over and over again (the one where you go to warehouse 8 then 18). So this time I thought I would try.

I began a couple of months ago but got distracted by other games and other projects. So now it's less than a month until Shenmue 3 comes out and I'm only on January the 22nd - that's about another three months of forklifting to get done - better pull my finger out and get on it!

So as things stand, I'm on 429,736¥ - let's make Ryo rich!

Shenmue_20191028071407.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck!

Just want to say that I've done this by repeating Day 2 instead (it's possible to take all 20 there as well), but the aim was to take as much money into Shenmue II as possible so I never actually went all the way to the bad ending. Would be interesting to compare final values.

Thanks! I think I started the job on the 15th of December. I'm pretty sure you can start a few days earlier than that, though.

I will pull up just before the bad ending, so I can finish what will amount to a speedrun of Shenmue 2 as well :D

You can start more than a few days earlier than that, like on the 7th. :D

Just checked my notes and my final figure was ¥1529826.

Would definitely love to do it again on-stream sometime.

You can start more than a few days earlier than that, like on the 7th. :D

Just checked my notes and my final figure was ¥1529826.

Would definitely love to do it again on-stream sometime.
D'oh! That's a whole week's wages!

Great that you took notes on doing this :D

He could’ve easily afforded the plane ticket through Global TravelAgency.

Shenmue_20191029225239.jpg

Just thought I'd do a quick update. I'm into early February in-game now, but have been struck down with a bout of the lurgy. Yesterday was shivering and headaches, today is coughing, sneezing and sweating. Brilliant.

But I cannot let this minor inconvenience jeopardise this challenge! Let us forklift on, towards crate utopia! :D

Shenmue_20191030005428.jpg
These guys. I've lost count of the number of times I've driven into these guys over the years. And when you do, they always seem to walk into your way more when you try to reverse and go round them. Don't they know that TIME IS MONEY??!? Bless their little cotton socks.

For me, it is always the security guards. And i already don't like cops.

GET OUT OF MY WAY GRRRR
The security guards are annoying. I finished my crates early the other day, so I thought I would help out my crew:
Shenmue_20191101191848.jpg
So I'm heading in, but then this dillweed says:
Shenmue_20191028195528.jpg

So I went to the open area outside the cafeteria and pulled reverse donuts for an hour instead :sneaky:

Last edited:
Shenmue_20191111070750.jpg
This guy is super lazy. Barely tries in the forklift race, slow during shifts. He does the bare minimum. I swear I've seen him turn up late to the afternoon shift a few times. I'm considering reporting him to Yada-san for his slovenliness. He just does not take his forklift job seriously. Very unprofessional.

Last edited:
You can keep your Nozomi, Shenhua, Joy, Xiuying... in my playthrough, Ryo has a thing for Hisaka :whistle:

Shenmue_20191028195924.jpg

Into early March now, and just passed the one million yen mark. This should be cause for celebration, but I've calculated that I won't reach the total set by @DigitalDuck. I blame starting the job a week later than possible and frittering away money at the slot house and on capsule toys earlier in the game.

I'm not giving up, though. My daily routine has become a forklifting endurance challenge. I get up around two hours early to get two in-game days in before work, then three or four in-game days after work. That leaves just enough time to eat and chill for a bit before sleep, rinse, repeat.

Anyway, I'm hoping to be done by early to middle of next week, which will leave me a reasonable amount of time to finish Shenmue 2.

Just wondering, maybe someone can help: how many days are left of the game after triggering the Long Zha conversation with Mark and running into Tony and Smith? I'm thinking I'll talk to Mark on the 12th or 13th of April, but will that be too late to avoid hitting up against the bad ending?

Into early March now, and just passed the one million yen mark. This should be cause for celebration, but I've calculated that I won't reach the total set by @DigitalDuck. I blame starting the job a week later than possible and frittering away money at the slot house and on capsule toys earlier in the game.

Nah, one million is definitely a cause of celebration.

Just wondering, maybe someone can help: how many days are left of the game after triggering the Long Zha conversation with Mark and running into Tony and Smith? I'm thinking I'll talk to Mark on the 12th or 13th of April, but will that be too late to avoid hitting up against the bad ending?

You're repeating the fifth day, yes? You'll want to talk to Mark on the 11th, so the 12th is your final work day; this leaves the 13th for Tom and 70 Man Battle, and the 14th for Swallow Flip and Chai.

Nah, one million is definitely a cause of celebration.

You're repeating the fifth day, yes? You'll want to talk to Mark on the 11th, so the 12th is your final work day; this leaves the 13th for Tom and 70 Man Battle, and the 14th for Swallow Flip and Chai.

Thanks! I guess it's still a decent achievement. And I do want to see the challenge through to the end.

Thanks also for the info. Could I talk to Mark at lunchtime on the 12th, bump into Tony and Smith that afternoon, and speak to Yada-san and Tom the following day? I think I've already triggered the after work Mark Long Zha cutscene, but haven't yet spoken to him the two subsequent times to trigger the notebook entry.

Last edited:
Thanks also for the info. Could I talk to Mark at lunchtime on the 12th, bump into Tony and Smith that afternoon, and speak to Yada-san and Tom the following day? I think I've already triggered the after work Mark Long Zha cutscene, but haven't yet spoken to him the two subsequent times to trigger the notebook entry.

I'm not 100% sure, but I would play it safe and talk to him on the evening of the 11th.

Back