General RGG Discussion

Use damn spoilers boys

Somethin happened in Y5

WWWWWWHHHAAAATTTTT??? MAJIMA NONI-SAN??!?!?!?!?!

NO WAY

NO

THIS IS CLICKBAIT I'M SURE

MAJIMA NONI-SAN CANT BE GONE

BTW WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED WITH HIM INTO JAIL AT THE END OF Y4?

BUT ANYWAY THIS CANNOT BE TRUTH

NOT HIM

ANYBODY BUT HIM

Use damn spoilers boys

Somethin happened in Y5

WWWWWWHHHAAAATTTTT??? MAJIMA NONI-SAN??!?!?!?!?!

NO WAY

NO

THIS IS CLICKBAIT I'M SURE

MAJIMA NONI-SAN CANT BE GONE

BTW WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED WITH HIM INTO JAIL AT THE END OF Y4?

BUT ANYWAY THIS CANNOT BE TRUTH

NOT HIM

ANYBODY BUT HIM

You'll see ;)

Y5 Saejima part

At the beg I was kinda like "aw fuck the jail stuff again, can't we rush this? But then started being interesting and then BOOOM, it got super dark. It seems like this was written by someone else, this isnt feeling like traditional Yakuza stuff, this seems darker. You can notice someone else wrote this, or the director changed, am I right? Or maybe they were doing experimental stuff.

Now I scaped of the prision and will start chapter 3 tomorrow.

Same writer (Yokoyama) ;)

I think they added additional scenario guys for 5 though, it wasn't just Yokoyama (but Yokoyama and Nagoshi are still the big guys, when it comes to plot and characters; I would have to think they vet and sign off on everything, adding their own touches to things).

Enjoy Tsukimino while you can! My favourite location, outside of Kamurocho, in the game :)

Y5 Saejima part

In the beg I was kinda like "aw fuck the jail stuff again, can't we rush this? But then started being interesting and then BOOOM, it got super dark. It seems like this was written by someone else, this isn't feeling like traditional Yakuza stuff, this seems darker. You can notice someone else wrote this, or the director changed, am I right? Or maybe they were doing experimental stuff.

Now I scaped of the prison and will start chapter 3 tomorrow.
Ironically, the Saejima part is one of my favorite parts of Ryu Ga Gotoku 5. I especially enjoyed the hunting aspect and was a bit scared of hunting the bear. Then when I ended up in the city, things got only more fun. The only story I didn't enjoy was the one with the Ex-baseball player and rushed through his story as quickly as possible.

Same writer (Yokoyama) ;)

I think they added additional scenario guys for 5 though, it wasn't just Yokoyama (but Yokoyama and Nagoshi are still the big guys, when it comes to plot and characters; I would have to think they vet and sign off on everything, adding their own touches to things).

Enjoy Tsukimino while you can! My favourite location, outside of Kamurocho, in the game :)
Idk I'm still thinking they experimented a lot in this game. Look at the cinematics, they are incredibly long. I JUST played 3 and 4 and they werent this long, same with K1 and K2. Maybe 0 kinda, but its later. There are parts when I think "dude, this is getting some Metal Gear Soliv IV vibes" :LOL:

Yokohama is very futuristic, i have to travel to Japan as soon as possible

Yakuza_ Like A Dragon_20210313234507.png
 West Jinnai Station_.jpeg
Yakuza_ Like A Dragon_20210308001944.png

Also this new PS5 exclusive train mini game is really cool

Yakuza_ Like A Dragon_20210314005356.png
電車でGO!! はしろう山手線_20210302230403.png

(JUST KIDDING, THERES NO TRAIN MINI GAME)

Last random note: Yakuza 7 60 fps baseball and karaoke on PS5 is way easier than 30 fps on PS4 / Pro.
The timing is more accurate and the controls are smoother,
also its very hard to concentrate on the karaoke button prompts at 30 fps
because the screen looks so blurry and fuzzy. Not a problem with 60 fps.

Oh man, if only Yakuza had a train driving mini game! Why not! They made Sensible Taxi in Yakuza 5 work! :) So much so that I almost wanted SEGA to release a spin off named Sensible Taxi that was just made of Kiryu being a taxi driver and nothing more. Where's Taxi ga Gotoku already?

We only got some short 'official' comments for these games over the years.
1. The translation team said there was no time because of the main games.
2. The translation team wasnt sure how to translate it because the japanese dialogue / text etc
is written in a specific way to represent the way people talked in that time period
and it would be very difficult to keep that style for a english version.
3. The japanese devs are interested in bringing these game to the west
but Kenzan is even older than Yakuza 3 and Ishin is older than Yakuza 0,
so instead of remastering it, its more likely that they will make complete remakes.

I guess the chances for simple ports of the original games are pretty low now.
Yes, this has been confirmed before, but I guess they can't hire a separate translation team to tackle this (in the same way that a different team did Lost Paradise). After seeing how Rurouni Kenshin has been translated, I'm sure the same approach can be taken with Ishin (not sure about Kenzan).

I heard they are willing to "Kiwami" Kenzan, but I think Ishin is fine the way it is.

I think these games should be localized, but the localization team has to make guide books to better contextualize the time period and characters involved. I think as long as it contains a guide to explain who Miyamoto Musashi, Sakamoto Ryoma, and everyone is.

Adding pro wrestlers to the clan battles is pretty cool. They're also unusually tall for Japanese men.

Their trademark poses are hilarious.

Oh yes. I love how the wrestlers use their actual moves. Like with Okada, he does the Rainmaker, and Tanahashi does his sling blade. I like how in Kiwami 2, they got the old school wrestlers like Muto, Chono, and Fujinami.

(JUST KIDDING, THERES NO TRAIN MINI GAME)

I don't recall the Tokaido Line running through Kannai Station anyway (called Jinnai Station in the game)

He was referring to the guys in Kiwami 2; though, the guys in 6 are indeed all large men, for being Japanese lol (save for Tanahashi and MAYBE Naito). Okada is 6'3 so he's just tall in general.

Isn't it great? I know it's not everyone cup of tea, but such a refreshing change in gameplay, the, "Another Life," was probably my favourite (save for Question x Question/Answer x Answer/whatever it's called) of the whole game, just for its off-the ball weirdness (Running Girl lol or the handshake events XDXDXDXDXD so strange Japanese can be! lol) and relaxed nature/pace of it all.

Mind you, I probably wouldn't play a whole game of that content, but it was a nice and varied addition to the game :)

Last edited:
I won't spoil anything, but the ending of Ryu Ga Gotoku 5 is my favorite in the series. It's an extremely tender moment that makes me feel for Haruka even more than I already do. Given that Haruka is one of my favorite characters in the entire series (she is adorable), that's saying a lot.

Last edited:
Mind you, I probably wouldn't play a whole game of that content, but it was a nice and varied addition to the game :)
I want a series of this.

With different girls.

Dont forget the Hostess manager series too.

Come on Sega bring it on man.

Haruka on a time limit, has to drive with the real world traffic rules (like taxi in 5) to her own gigs every day,
then she has to perform different types of singing and dancing mini games,
then back to her second job where Haruka works as a top hostess
and she invited her idol friends she met at the other events
to join her at the hostess club and then the player has to level up their friendship status
and together they need to earn enough money in hostess mini games
to be able to build a new and better Morning Glory Orphanage.

Is that Sputs dream video game?

Kapp.png

Haruka on a time limit, has to drive with the real world traffic rules (like taxi in 5) to her own gigs every day,
then she has to perform different types of singing and dancing mini games,
then back to her second job where Haruka works as a top hostess
and she invited her idol friends she met at the other events
to join her at the hostess club and then the player has to level up their friendship status
and together they need to earn enough money in hostess mini games
to be able to build a new and better Morning Glory Orphanage.

Is that Sputs dream video game?

View attachment 10805
Nailed it mate. There you go, right there you just made the script for the first 4 games.

In Haruka 5 her boss its kidnapped and her kyodai-sister dies.

Back