General RGG Discussion

I'm still on Yakuza 5, the Haurka sections became a slog again - I've decided going foward to just focus on the story. Since doing so, I've been enjoying the game a lot more again - Shinada's Chapter and involvement so far is very compelling. The only extras I do now Are the combat training & restaurant recommendations for extreme stat boosts. Beyond that I am just going through the story without Substories or the character missions.

These ideas sound like things you can put on mobile games
Sega, read us bro!

I'm still on Yakuza 5, the Haurka sections became a slog again - I've decided going foward to just focus on the story. Since doing so, I've been enjoying the game a lot more again - Shinada's Chapter and involvement so far is very compelling. The only extras I do now Are the combat training & restaurant recommendations for extreme stat boosts. Beyond that I am just going through the story without Substories or the character missions.
Well I'm doing the opposite thing lol. I'm doing every fucking side mission of Haruka. Handshakes for everybody!

I just finished the business minigame in Yakuza 7.

It wasn't that hard to get into. The shareholder meeting is essentially a rock, paper and scissors game. The best employees to use are two corporate types, the boy and the baseball player. Their collective charisma is high, so it was a piece of piss. I didn't need to recruit anyone in the last chapter of the game. I also kept my business improvements strictly in the blue.

I made Ichiban a few mil, so happy days.

Yakuza 5, one of the best scenes of the series, I'm saying it...

When Haruka was begging to those two bitches and suddenly her boss Park appears to save the day, and then Haruka gives her the present. Such a great scene

What? I'm not soft YOU ARE SOFT!

I just got myself a PS5 and spent the last three hours installing/updating/transferring stuff from my PS4. Finally finished installing the PS5 version of Y7, but turns out that PS4 saves can’t transfer over. Guess I’m done with this game.

Yeah i dont know why Sega did that. I mean the PS5 version was released way after all other platforms.
And its not like the PS5 visuals or whatever are any different than on Series X.
And they couldnt figure out how to transfer a PS4 file?

You can use your Nioh 2 PS4 save file in the PS5 version, you can use your Watch Dogs Legion PS4 save file
in the PS5 version, you can use your Valhalla PS4 save file in the PS5 version, you can use your FF7 Remake
PS4 save file in the upcoming PS5 version ...
So i guess this problem is on Sega.

Yeah i dont know why Sega did that. I mean the PS5 version was released way after all other platforms.
And its not like the PS5 visuals or whatever are any different than on Series X.
And they couldnt figure out how to transfer a PS4 file?

You can use your Nioh 2 PS4 save file in the PS5 version, you can use your Watch Dogs Legion PS4 save file
in the PS5 version, you can use your Valhalla PS4 save file in the PS5 version, you can use your FF7 Remake
PS4 save file in the upcoming PS5 version ...
So i guess this problem is on Sega.
Well it actually depends on the game. Xbox makes it easy, you dont have to do anything. But with PS5 some games are alright and some games you have to do some stuff. So I think it's PS5's fault, not Sega's.

Well it actually depends on the game. Xbox makes it easy, you dont have to do anything. But with PS5 some games are alright and some games you have to do some stuff. So I think it's PS5's fault, not Sega's.
I only have some PS4 versions, like 5, which you can upgrade for free to a PS5 version
and the save file transfer works for all of them - except Yakuza Like A Dragon.

I dont know for which other games the save file transfer doesnt work
but so far it seems like it works for most of the games?
Sure, you have to use some tools like a ingame upload / download feature, USB backup, PS+ sub upload or whatever
but it all worked fine for me. But Yakuza Like A Dragon? No chance. No ingame upload / download feature,
PS5 version doesnt recognize PS4 save data at all. So i would still blame Sega for this.

I only have some PS4 versions, like 5, which you can upgrade for free to a PS5 version
and the save file transfer works for all of them - except Yakuza Like A Dragon.

I dont know for which other games the save file transfer doesnt work
but so far it seems like it works for most of the games?
Sure, you have to use some tools like a ingame upload / download feature, USB backup, PS+ sub upload or whatever
but it all worked fine for me. But Yakuza Like A Dragon? No chance. No ingame upload / download feature,
gPS5 version doesnt recognize PS4 save data at all. So i would still blame Sega for this.
Why 100% of Xbox series s/x games works with only launching it and in some games you have to do some extra steps in PS5? Devs were lazy on PS5 but suddenly they arent lazy for Xbox? The fact that Microsoft has all in one game and Sony made PS4 and PS5 games doesnt help to the saves either. It should be a matter of the cloud. And thats Microsoft/Sony bizz. Knowing Microsoft, they wouldnt have any problem in transfering the saves automatically. Only them, Apple and Google can do that kind of stuff without any problem.

Why 100% of Xbox series s/x games works with only launching it and in some games you have to do some extra steps in PS5? Devs were lazy on PS5 but suddenly they arent lazy for Xbox? The fact that Microsoft has all in one game and Sony made PS4 and PS5 games doesnt help to the saves either. It should be a matter of the cloud. And thats Microsoft/Sony bizz. Knowing Microsoft, they wouldnt have any problem in transfering the saves automatically. Only them, Apple and Google can do that kind of stuff without any problem.
PS5 doesnt offer the same automatic features, yes, but they do offer methods to reach the same goal.
As i said, it works for Nioh 2, Valhalla, WD Legion, FF7R, Avengers, Spider Man, Borderlands 3, Destiny 2,
COD Black Ops CW, Immortals Fenyx Rising, ... all of these and even more have working save data transfer
from the PS4 version to the PS5 version.
So it clearly works if they want it to work. The PS5 version of Y7 was released last, with a gap of 4 months
but no save file transfer at all. So i'm not going to blame Sony for that just now
when it already works for all these other games.

Y5, what a great scene of Haruka with Park-San. Loved it.

Wait whats going on.

Park san?

PARK SAN?

PARK SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

YOU BASTARDS STOP KILLING MAH BOYS.

Again with Akiyama, what a great guy, I love him.

DONT YOU DARE TO KILL HIM YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

I beat Yakuza 5 today... what an endurance! Not to say it is a bad game, but it is just bloated with content. Even playing through the Finale today, that alone took me pretty much all today - Once again, loved it and the conclusion was very satisfying.
But by the end of the game, I just had to stop doing the extra missions as it was becoming too much of a slog, once I focused on the story I had a lot more fun with the game overall. Clocked in at 64 hours in the end with the focus on just playing the story starting around Chapter 3.

I'll take a break before diving into Yakuza 6, I'm compelled of course but just need a break :p I haven't ever played it as I wanted to play all the series prior especially 4 & 5 which I also hadn't played prior to the PS4 re-releases. I remember Yakuza 6's character animations (or lack of them) looking really stiff during conversation - Did they ever patch that up?

YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need moar RGG! :D Can't wait to preorder this; I guess it'll be out by the end of the year?

Back