General RGG Discussion

Your profile says you're from Chicago. I find it surprising since your city has two baseball teams. Anyway, my aunt from Chicago told me if you're from the north, you're a White Sox fan. If you're from the south, Cubs.

Anyway, Haruka's story is de wae.
Yeah haha. Just not much of an American sports person (or sports in general). Cubs are northside, Sox are southside

I'm a hockey and tennis player... baseball bores the shit out of me--not enough energy or speed. Although in a video game or random rare pickup game I'll play but I don't watch at all.

I'm pretty sure it'll have a PS4 release Japan only and make it PS5 exclusive to the rest of the world (like how Yakuza 0, Kiwami, and Ishin were both on PS3 and PS4 in Japan, while 0 and Kiwami were just PS4 world wide). Or maybe Sega will change strategy and make it for both PS4 and PS5.

Either way, I'm hyped.
Well... PS3 was mostly done in the west by then and the series near died on PS3, then rose again to prominence and acclaim with PS4. Might be a bad idea to have rebuilt series and released all of the main series games on PS4 during last gen to ditch so quick; id expect cross gen worldwide to keep the PS4 fanbase happy?

Dragon Cup grand prix is kicking my arse.

What kart did you lot use to win?

An upgraded one lol (that's all that matters)

Your profile says you're from Chicago. I find it surprising since your city has two baseball teams. Anyway, my aunt from Chicago told me if you're from the north, you're a White Sox fan. If you're from the south, Cubs.

Anyway, Haruka's story is de wae.

Other way around; north-siders are Cubs fans and south-siders are White Sox fans ;)

Only $20 first day on PC, what a nice surprise (Y6)! I was expecting $40 for whatever reason.

Massively retarded question, but is it possible to start Y6 and get to an arcade to play Space Harrier without spoiling Y5? Or nah? I still haven't gotten back to Y5, but I've been on a "retro" kick again lately and this is probably the best way to play Space Harrier on PC if you don't have a flight stick (and I don't).

Indeed; I wrote an answer yesterday, but I closed my browser and forgot to post lol.

The opening cutscene literally picks up IMMEDIATELY after the end of 5 and it's a LONG TIME before you take control of Kiryu again (IE: a lot of cutscenes).

Hearing Soubou at the beginning of Y6 in the English Subbed PC version brought tears to my eyes. (well not really, but close!)

This song really should never have been taken out of the Y6 English release. It's so damn fitting. Thank god for the mod community and the PC release allowing it to be put back in!

As for Y6...I'm very keen to go back through it. I haven't played it since I platinumed on PS4 when it first came out.

Last edited:
I was hoping they would optimize Yakuza 6 for Series S and X
and then maybe this would lead to a free PS5 patch
but sadly it seems like they didnt do anything with the console version at all.
No 1440p, no 4K, no 60 fps, no new anti aliasing fix.

Its still 900-1080p. Its still 30 fps
and not even the good kind of locked 30 fps. The frame pacing on Series S is completely wrong,
fluctuating between 35 and 28 fps.
Pretty disappointing.

@danielmann861

And the letter that Kiryu writes...

With Haruto, Haruka and Daigo, there are a ton of allegorical connections and intertwining meanings in the game.

Another reason why it was briiliantly-written. I've already beaten it twice, but maybe I should go back and play it one more time on PS4...

Finishing Y6, about the secret

of Onomichi. Seemed super dumb to me. Idk. They hyped it so much. I was kinda imagine nazi's gold or The Fountain of Youth, lol

Finishing Y6, about the secret

of Onomichi. Seemed super dumb to me. Idk. They hyped it so much. I was kinda imagine nazi's gold or The Fountain of Youth, lol
Its a bit hard to explain. The secret of Onomichi is not really that they have a working battleship
that they want to use or whatever. The ship as a object or machine is worthless now.
The secret of Onomichi, the battleship, is more of a symbol that shouldnt exist.

It was a super modern ship back in the day and designed to be the best of the best but WW2 ended
before they could use it. After the war, Japan was not allowed
to have any military, especially not a brand new battleship, so the responsible people concealed it.
So if the world would find out that the japanese had a brand new working battleship
that was completed and ready after WW2, this would be one of the biggest scandals ever.

Minoru Daidoji (the super old guy in the bed) ordered this ship in WW2 because he refused to accept to surrender.
(he was a admiral back then)
The ship was built by chinese migrants that were smuggled into the country by the chinese triads
on behalf of Heizo Iwami (the owner of the japanese shipbuilding company)
Also huge amounts of illegally obtained public funds were needed to execute the project.
(which the japanese military supported back then)

Then Daidoji learned that the battleship wouldnt be enough to stop the americans,
which is why he ordered Heizo Iwami (the other older guy with the beard)
to destroy it. But he didnt.
Instead he started blackmailing Minoru Daidoji and he had no other choice than accepting it.
In return of Daidojis support he was now responsible to hide the secret of Onomichi forever.

After the war ended, Daidoji was seen as a war hero which gained him a career in politics
and he became one of the leaders of Japan.
But all of this, Daidojis status, Iwamis position as chairman, the power of the Yomei and so on
is kind of built on this secret. Also the huge amounts of wasted illegaly obtained money,
chinese migrant workers, the secret supported by the japanese military, corrupt politicians ...

Its a very big and deep network that is built on this secret or on people that are involved in the whole thing
and you also have to remember this whole japanese honor thing.
Its not just the money, migrants, war agreement scandal,
it would also bring huge huge huge shame upon the modern country of Japan
and it would reveal this whole network of illegal activities.

The secret of Onomichi is not that the japanese want to start a new war with one old ship.
Its about the meaning of the ship.

Last edited:
Its a bit hard to explain. The secret of Onomichi is not really that they have a working battleship
that they want to use or whatever. The ship as a object or machine is worthless now.
The secret of Onomichi, the battleship, is more of a symbol that shouldnt exist.

It was a super modern ship back in the day and designed to be the best of the best but WW2 ended
before they could use it. After the war, Japan was not allowed
to have any military so they concealed it. So if the world would find out that the japanese had a brand new
working battleship that was completed after WW2, this would be one of the biggest scandals ever.

Minoru Daidoji (the super old guy in the bed) ordered this ship in WW2 because he refused to accept to surrender.
(he was a admiral back then)
The ship was built by chinese migrants that were smuggled into the country
and with the help of huge amounts of illegally obtained public funds.
(which the japanese military supported back then)

Then Daidoji learned that the battleship wouldnt be enough to stop the americans,
which is why he ordered Heizo Iwami (the other older guy with the beard, owner of the shipbuilding company)
to destroy it. But he didnt.
Instead he started blackmailing Minoru Daidoji and he had no other choice than accepting it.
In return he was now responsible to hide the secret of Onomichi forever.

After the war ended, Daidoji was seen as a war hero which gained him a career in politics
and he became one of the leaders of Japan.
But all of this, Daidojis status, Iwamis position as chairman, the power of the Yomei
is kind of built on this secret. Also the huge amounts of wasted illegaly obtained money,
chinese migrant workers, the secret supported by the japanese military, corrupt politicians ...

Its a very big and deep network that is built on this secret or on people that are involved in the whole thing
and you also have to remember this whole japanese honor thing.
Its not just the money, migrants, war agreement whatever scandal,
it would also bring huge huge huge shame upon the modern country of Japan
and it would reveal this whole network of activities.

The secret of Onomichi is not that the japanese want to start a new war with one old ship.
Its about the meaning of the ship.
Yeah I got it but still. We've seen things a lot darker and shaddy (Yakuza 3) and we lived on. It was like too much hype imo.

Back