General RGG Discussion

I don't think this has been spread on western social media, but here in China, a guy who has had several accurate leaks said that Yakuza 8's first promotional video will be revealed on September 14th, 4 hours before yesterday's live broadcast.

View attachment 16924

Then a few minutes later, he also hinted that Yakuza Ishin Kiwami should be announced within a week.

He put a chicken in the portrait of the real historical figure Sakamoto Ryoma. In Chinese, chicken and kiwami have the same pronunciation.

View attachment 16925

Here are some of the games he leaked:
Damn, it seems like the leaker also hinted something will happen to Judgment series at that time and I didn't even realize what the judge hammers meant until now:
20220914005032.png

The main character looks similar to Kiryu and I think I saw Goro in the trailer. Also the main bad guy in Kiwami 2 was in the trailer.
its kiryu ancestor its the same 3D model its a spin off

apparently the game uses unreal engine 4 and not the dragon engine :sneaky:

And i guess if they are starting with Ishin instead of Kenzan,
that probably means there are no plans for a international Kenzan version.
Because Kenzan would actually need a remake way more than Ishin.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

PC RELEASE PLEASE PC RELEASE PLEASE PC RELEASE PLEASE PC RELEASE PLEASE PC RELEASE PLEASE

The main character looks similar to Kiryu and I think I saw Goro in the trailer. Also the main bad guy in Kiwami 2 was in the trailer.

It has a lot of the original Yakuza cast but you have to look at it like the 'cast' is playing different roles in a different movie.
So yes, it is Kiryu, the look of Kiryu but the model in the game is portraying someone else.
The characters still have kind of their same characteristics and attributes (hero, crazy, evil, whatever)
but its like a alternative universe where the Yakuza cast is in a different time with different names.

I'm kinda shocked they're building Ishin on Unreal Engine 4 and not using the Dragon Engine for it. Makes me wonder, are they putting the Dragon Engine to rest going forward?

I was half expecting Yakuza 8 as I figued it was maybe time for the next mainline game, but I'll glady take Ishin.

I guess Yakuza 8 is next year then? Which wouldn't be a bad thing. Let them take their time with that one.

Back