Higher res texture mods possible (example photo)

@BlueJay9 Thanks.

I did this one prior to your files.

View attachment 904View attachment 905
ORIGINAL_VIRTUA_FIGHTER_KIDS_MACHINE.png
VIRTUA_FIGHTER_KIDS_MACHINE.png

Could anyone please also share the original posters of the toy capsule machines_ I need the exact proportion.

Cheers.

I hope you don't mind some small criticisms, I'm only saying this because I think you're doing a really great job!!

But for one I'd stick with the font that you used for the first poster, and use it for both of them. It adds consistency and the original second poster clearly used text with a bit more of a handwritten look to it too, I just think it works better that way.

Secondly I'd get rid of the copyright symbols next to the Sega logos. In the first poster it creates an overlap with the text, and in the second one the white backdrop doesn't look right with it.

Lastly I feel like the black outline on the first poster's text is way too thick, and probably completely unnecessary.

I hope you don't mind me saying this, I realize it's a bit silly. It's just that I know I wouldn't be able to do a better job with these posters myself! They're really good, and it's fine if you disagree.

I hope you don't mind some small criticisms, I'm only saying this because I think you're doing a really great job!!

But for one I'd stick with the font that you used for the first poster, and use it for both of them. It adds consistency and the original second poster clearly used text with a bit more of a handwritten look to it too, I just think it works better that way.

Secondly I'd get rid of the copyright symbols next to the Sega logos. In the first poster it creates an overlap with the text, and in the second one the white backdrop doesn't look right with it.

Lastly I feel like the black outline on the first poster's text is way too thick, and probably completely unnecessary.

I hope you don't mind me saying this, I realize it's a bit silly. It's just that I know I wouldn't be able to do a better job with these posters myself! They're really good, and it's fine if you disagree.

You are right I've changed it.

Original.

HkJSntI.jpg

Recreation
F4O98DE.jpg

The Japanese text is obviously upscaled from low-res and it looks pretty bad. I know that's probably pretty difficult to recreate if you're not a native speaker with access to Japanese fonts, but I don't think it really cuts it.

The other post won't load properly for me so IDK

Very true, it was just a poc, I didn't even had japanese fonts installed, I can read and write hiragana and Katakana but kanjis are a different story.

You are right I've changed it.

Original.

HkJSntI.jpg

Recreation
F4O98DE.jpg

Very true, it was just a poc, I didn't even had japanese fonts installed, I can read and write hiragana and Katakana but kanjis are a different story.

Yeah, I think that's much better! If you want to be even more nitpicky I guess you are missing the pink curve part of that flame-y design in the background, but I think it looks almost perfect now. <3

And of course if someone creates nice high def textures for the capsule toys that would be another way to improve things... But yeah, I think it's really good now.

@sporkaganza I fixed the fonts and colors.

z18M7l9.jpg

recreation

tLEeUfO.jpg

The images are a bit stretched but I have the original .PSD with correct proportions and even higer resolutions, to use them once someone find an easier way to replace textures.

@Joqu Yes it has been done on porpuse, I took a bit of artistic freedom since the original composition is quite simple and keeping that in HD looks really bad, even though I am for recreation first and foremost, sticking closer to the original source material as much as possible.

@sporkaganza I fixed the fonts and colors.

z18M7l9.jpg

recreation

tLEeUfO.jpg

The images are a bit stretched but I have the original .PSD with correct proportions and even higer resolutions, to use them once someone find an easier way to replace textures.

@Joqu Yes it has been done on porpuse, I took a bit of artistic freedom since the original composition is quite simple and keeping that in HD looks really bad, even though I am for recreation first and foremost, sticking closer to the original source material as much as possible.

That's a great improvement, good job!

As for that difference, I can't say I'm attached to the pink bit so I don't mind either way! Haha.

But I don't think it necessarily looks really bad. I suppose it's a matter of taste, but I took the freedom to make a mockup with a touch of the pink added back in and I quite like the look? But hey, this is super minor stuff and you're free to your artistic freedom. It's a faithful recreation as is, and that's what I appreciate the most.

(Also, obviously I don't have access to your PSD files so I went with something really rough. ...so no one use that.)

Attachments

• smptest2.png
    smptest2.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
I suggest you resize the Sega logo a little, it's getting cut off a little on the right which doesn't look right to me.

Also, I'm not sure where the yellow dot comes from, but hey, I don't read Japanese. Is that a period you added? I don't mind, I'm just curious what's up with that!

Anyway, great work again. I do wonder whether the differences between the two cat models are down to the terribly low resolution of the original, an artistic retouch, or whether they used an unfinished model at the time. I'm not imagining it, am I?

edit: That's not a complaint by the way! I find the model differences interesting is all. I mean, is that a reflection they added to Opa-Opa? I can't quite tell, but it looks like one to me now.

So i know there is already a HD Jacket mod around but i wanted to take a crack at it and mess with the original texture jacket assets from the passport and upres them using super resolution/deep learning technology. You can learn more by going to letsenhance.io and you even get 5 pictures for free that you can upscale. I really like the results.
ryo.pngryo2.jpg20180829013831_1.jpg
This is more of a thing for myself but if anyone is interested lemme know i will do some little tweaks and put a download link.

Last edited:
So i know there is already a HD Jacket mod around but i wanted to take a crack at it and mess with the original texture jacket assets from the passport and upres them using super resolution/deep learning technology. You can learn more by going to letsenhance.io and you even get 5 pictures for free that you can upscale. I really like the results.
View attachment 967View attachment 968View attachment 969
This is more of a thing for myself but if anyone is interested lemme know i will do some little tweaks and put a download link.

I definitely want a download link to that! The other HD jacket looks nice, but I really love the results you got.

(And uh yeah, if you're interested in doing the rest of him / other passport models that'd be great too. Otherwise I'll just have to look into the technique myself I guess.)

Really cool. Stick it up on Nexus. The great thing with Nexus and having multiple versions of the same thing is you get to tailor the game to how you want it to look.

Just been messing with upscaling faces and getting more detail on the skin. Thanks to Drogean I've found the best possible way to get a tiny image all the way up to 4k.

Attachments

• inesan2.png
    inesan2.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 65
So, I've been mocking up a Denim Jacket mod... There's just one problem. I forgot the textures were wrapped. Anyone know how to unwrap/un-distort distort the jacket textures?

Here is an example of what I hope to achieve for the fabric

JKYxt5R.jpg

xbN1H1B_d.jpg

Been messing around with super resolution deep learning upscaling some more and decided to mess around with Iwao's picture. Tell me what yall think.
My edit (The color is a little different but this will be fixed by the time i officially release it)photo.jpg
Original old.jpg

Last edited:
Been messing around with super resolution deep learning upscaling some more and decided to mess around with Iwao's picture. Tell me what yall think.
My editView attachment 982
Original View attachment 983

Did the upscaling program cause the color differences? I prefer the original tint, it's supposed to be sepia, but that's an easy enough photoshop fix.

Anyway, I'm quite impressed by the results. With an asset like that there's not much one could do to improve the low resolution short of remaking the whole thing, which would be quite a feat. But I feel like that's a real improvement! It maybe is a bit too grainy, but that's again something that's easy enough to fix manually. I'm impressed.

Did the upscaling program cause the color differences? I prefer the original tint, it's supposed to be sepia, but that's an easy enough photoshop fix.
No it didn't it was a fuck up on my part when editing the image on photoshop. It's already fixed for when i officially release it. Sorry bout that.

Here are two examples on images with color.
Original
og.jpg
Remastered remix.jpg

Original
old.png
Remastered
neww.jpg

Last edited:
Back