How many copies are you buying at launch?

I'm sort of losing count but at the moment it's:

PS4 Kickstarter Physical
PC Kickstarter Physical
PS4 Kickstarter Digital Code
PS4 Standard Edition
PS4 Standard Edition w/ Steelbook
Collector Edition UK
Limited Run Games Collector Edition
PC EGS Digital Deluxe Edition

Still deciding if I want to buy the PS4 Digital Deluxe but I like the idea of putting a disc in after all these years. Sure I will though just for the exclusive theme and avatars.

PC versions gonna be quite the collectors item at this point. I’m keeping mine.

Not counting the KS(since that was for development of 3), I bought 3 so far.

2x LRG CEs

and 1 standard(Best Buy.

However It's overwhelmingly likely Shenmue 3 will be released on other platforms after like a year down the road, so I'll be sure to buy those as well.

Last edited:
Kickstarter PC Physical Edition/Epic Games Store code. I'm not sure what else I can do. There aren't many options for PC.

Steam and Xbox if that ever happens.

Besides my Kickstarter PS4 physical copy, I definitely plan on getting both the PS4 Digital Deluxe Edition and a copy from Best Buy. I also might either get a second copy from Best Buy or one from Gamestop, but I'm not sure about that yet.

Remaining firm on 4 copies at launch, afterall--no steelbook for me. Need to focus on paying off new water heater financing and a new computer.

One from local Gamestop, 3 from childhood nostalgic Gamestops. Keeping an eye out during black friday if there might be a deal to be had. Going to walk-in purchase one either then or in December or February.

I see some people buying an additionnal copy on the Epic Store to support the franchise. I'd advise against doing so. Buy a PS4 copy instead.

Why you might say ? Well it's true a lot of people know that I dont hold a special place for that storefront. But more specifically it's about how their deal works:
Basically, they buy copies in advance. Say they buy 200k copies, that means on the first 200.000 copies, Epic is getting 100% of the revenue for the game. That means on the first 200.000 copies, YsNet and Deep Silver are seeing a total of... 0 dollars. Since it's payment in advance. If you want to buy additionnal copies, I'd advise you buy them on PS4. Even if you already have one give it to someone. Make a giveaway. Keep it sealed or whatever.

Because by doing so, Deep Silver and YsNet are actually receiving money, which means a 4th game can happen.

By buying additionnal EGS copies, what you're doing is basically reimbursing the funds Epic paid to secure the exclusivity, which benefits no one but Epic since it's a payment in advance.

x1 Kickstarter backer edition (PS4)
x1 Collector's Edition (PS4)

Maybe:
x1 Standard Day 1 Edition with Steelbook pre-order bonus (PS4 - GAME exclusive)
x1 Standard PC edition (Epic Games Store)

I have the 250$ one from Kickstarter and planning to buy another copy at local gamestop, possibily a collector’s edition.
Both ps4

Not counting the Kickstarter copy, probably three.

Collectors edition x1
Steel book x1
Digital Deluxe PS4 x1

Will get it for Steam at some point down the line, as well.

That's good - when the Steelbook was first announced it was as high as 7 - and that was the entire videogame department so included games that were already out.

It's a pretty weak Q4 in all honesty, a good time for the game to be released. Definitely better than Q1 2020 which has loads of massive games in it.

Other than Doom i'm not bothered about anything else this year and that's really unusual for me.

(2) Kickstarter Physical PS4
(2) Kickstarter Physical PC
Kickstarter PS4 Download
Gamestop Physical Edition
Amazon Physical Edition
(2) Best Buy Steelbook Edition
(2) LRG Collectors Edition

If I'm able to buy a gaming laptop I might buy a Epic games version as well. 11 copies as of right now?

(2) Kickstarter Physical PS4
(2) Kickstarter Physical PC
Kickstarter PS4 Download
Gamestop Physical Edition
Amazon Physical Edition
(2) Best Buy Steelbook Edition
(2) LRG Collectors Edition

If I'm able to buy a gaming laptop I might buy a Epic games version as well. 11 copies as of right now?

This guy deserves a gold medal from Kurt angle

Back