How strong do you feel about Shenmue 3 now?

Only pointing out the hypocrisy of folks crucifying Yu-san & company...a human being away from his family and sleeping in his office for this dream...

If you want to make a point, do so without posting cryptic and out of context comparisons lacking any explanation.

And for what it's worth, both of Shenmue's delays were met with almost unanimous praise and support.

If you want to make a point, do so without posting cryptic and out of context comparisons lacking any explanation.

And for what it's worth, both of Shenmue's delays were met with almost unanimous praise and support.

I respectfully disagree with your comprehension. Take care.

Honestly, probably im not the biggest shenmue fan then but in my ideal world: Yu Suzuki is working on AAA titles at Sega, and Shenmue III is not announced. I really wish the best to Suzuki, but i think Shenmue II ending is perfect one. Yes, its a cliffhanger, but its one of the greatest endings ever, and its perfectly outlines the adventure from a revenge-seeking guy to adventure more focused on individuals. Right now its a bit amateurish like game at the end of the day. Obviously Yu and team will deliver the best, but its just dont feel right at the moment. I cant feel it like its Shenmue III, more like just a game.
Seems like Yu Suzuki would rather finish Shenmue than work on a new game. That's my read, for better or worse. I know he's constantly innovating and it'd be great to have a dozen new Yu Suzuki games, but I'd be surprised if there aren't a thousand innovations contained within Shenmue 3. You can't keep a master down.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree with your comprehension. Take care.
You don't need to agree with my 'comprehension'. Just as long as you take on board what I said about being less cryptic, that's all that matters. Thanks!

I've wanted to see the story continued for so long I would have been happy with Suzuki using handpuppets to tell it in full. I'm not going into the game with sky high expectations as I know that Suzukis team don't have the sort of funds available like they did during the Dreamcast era. I'm willing to overlook any technical/design imperfections as I know Suzuki and his team would have put a lot of blood sweat and tears into making it and they did so because they're passionate about the series and want to do whats best for it.

I've wanted to see the story continued for so long I would have been happy with Suzuki using handpuppets to tell it in full. I'm not going into the game with sky high expectations as I know that Suzukis team don't have the sort of funds available like they did during the Dreamcast era. I'm willing to overlook any technical/design imperfections as I know Suzuki and his team would have put a lot of blood sweat and tears into making it and they did so because they're passionate about the series and want to do whats best for it.
Basically how I feel as well. I was worried I'd die without knowing the full story and I would have taken a fucking novel written in brail if I had to just to finish it...

I know Shenmue II ended on a cliffhanger, but I think my level of comprehension at the time really sucked balls. Quite simply, I didn't 'get it', I just wanted to play more Shenmue as I watched the credits roll. I probably need to play through both I and II to actually understand it.

Back