How to access story quest dlc

I'm playing the PC version.

I've tried multiple saves without any joy.
I'm giving up until the next DLC, I'm not wasting any more time messing about with this.

No one is making the PC version work, it's pretty clear it isn't even activated yet on the Epic Store. Thank you for your efforts, but don't waste your time.

Wouldn't it be quicker to datamine the game to see which combination of cups are needed for the trophy items, instead of painstakingly going through each combination? :p

You can add people it doesn't mean they are going to buy Yakuza. Besides the latest game wasn't much better but like Tekken it had Sony's big marketing dick. At the end of the day it can be just as blindly repetitive.

Outside of having more screen tearing than a game made in 2007 I don't see the premise being too far away.

... Not... Come on they are two separate games. XD
I added him to play games. XD Pass me your steam ID and i add you too. (or you can add me: IcedTrooper). Always playing.

You should be able to talk to the character shown in all the marketing ads for the DLC right away. Video includes introduction on PC, but I don't consider this a spoiler. If this character does not show up, make sure you have at least shown Shenhua the picture of another character early on in Niaowu.

If Shenhua happens to be missing from the hotel near end-game. You might not be able to trigger the character near hotel Niaowu. Hope that helps. I'm not impressed with the implementation for the DLC.

Thoroughly enjoyed the DLC - there were some especially funny/nostalgic moments in there :love:

Last edited:
Could anybody share save data for pc to play this dlc? I don't want to replay the whole game again.
I have a save file you can use, just need to work out which one. Give me an hour or so and I'll upload it. I don't know how much success you will have getting it to work though. I sent a save to someone on Reddit, as their HDD failed halfway through the game, and he couldn't get it to work. I'll post back here in a bit.

Ok, I've attached the save to this post. It's at the part of the story where you have to
get 5000 Yuan for the Skill Book, so you will get a couple of cut scenes while walking around in relation to making money etc.

I've just loaded it up and walked over to where the DLC starts, and it triggers as intended. I don't have much money on this save, as it's before I started grinding cash, but it will be enough to see out the DLC as I did it with this very save last night.

Download the save, unzip it, and move it into the following folder (make sure you have hidden files on in Windows):-
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Shenmue3\Saved\SaveGames

When looking for the save in the game "Load Game" menu, chances are it won't be at the bottom (I don't know why it does this, but it doesn't seem to go off date saved) so you will have to look for a file with today's date and the time of 5:01.

Let me know if you can get it working :) Good Luck!

Edit: I've just looked in the folder and there was also a System save file that was created at the same time. Let me know if the save doesn't work and I'll send that one over too, to see if that helps.

Attachments

• SaveGameBeforeDLC.zip
    94.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
i somehow got that problem that i buyed story dlc on epic store.. i also got update but i didnt get a notification that a new dlc is added ingame.
started NG+ and played until i showed shenhua picture.. no Guy there..
i tried reinstalling game still no pop up for me that a dlc has been added.

on Epic Games Launcher it shows "in Besitz" ("Owned")

Unbenannt.JPG

i somehow got that problem that i buyed story dlc on epic store.. i also got update but i didnt get a notification that a new dlc is added ingame.
started NG+ and played until i showed shenhua picture.. no Guy there..
i tried reinstalling game still no pop up for me that a dlc has been added.

on Epic Games Launcher it shows "in Besitz" ("Owned")

View attachment 7338
Go to your game library, find Shenmue III, and click on the 3 dots (...) on the right. You should see the build number of the game. The latest patch yesterday fixed this issue, so your game should be 2991 as you can see from my picture below:-
1582223053815.png

Is yours also 2991?

Go to your game library, find Shenmue III, and click on the 3 dots (...) on the right. You should see the build number of the game. The latest patch yesterday fixed this issue, so your game should be 2991 as you can see from my picture below:-
View attachment 7339

Is yours also 2991?

yup like i said it downloaded something which was 18,4GB.. Version is on B2991:
Unbenannt.JPG

on twitter they say "If you continue to experience issues with accessing the DLC content after reaching Niaowu in-game, please contact Player Support. Thank you for your patience. "

where the f. is there Player Support? i cant find anything like that.

So I had NG+ save before showing photograph in Niaowu. Showed photo around. Did one side quest. Did toy car gatcha near hotel then went to table. Quest activated.

I'm on PS4.... Boom etc....

Ok, I've attached the save to this post. It's at the part of the story where you have to
get 5000 Yuan for the Skill Book, so you will get a couple of cut scenes while walking around in relation to making money etc.

I've just loaded it up and walked over to where the DLC starts, and it triggers as intended. I don't have much money on this save, as it's before I started grinding cash, but it will be enough to see out the DLC as I did it with this very save last night.

Download the save, unzip it, and move it into the following folder (make sure you have hidden files on in Windows):-
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Shenmue3\Saved\SaveGames

When looking for the save in the game "Load Game" menu, chances are it won't be at the bottom (I don't know why it does this, but it doesn't seem to go off date saved) so you will have to look for a file with today's date and the time of 5:01.

Let me know if you can get it working :) Good Luck!

Edit: I've just looked in the folder and there was also a System save file that was created at the same time. Let me know if the save doesn't work and I'll send that one over too, to see if that helps.
Thank you for sharing. It's very disappointing that it does not work. It seems that My game could not recognize your save file. Maybe the save file should be come with account.

It works now. I don't used this savegame, tried it from my NG+. After Ryo showed Shenhua the photo and he was at the buddha-shop he was transported to the hotel. After that i was going outside and Zhang was on his table and the cut-scene appears.

Back