IGN's Esra Krabbe - Shenmue 3 editorial (MAGIC '19)

I thought about this too, but saying there are 400/500 NPCs between those two locations feels a bit off. Chobu is probably the most populous area of the game from what we know about it, so the number makes more sense in the context of Chobu getting renamed.
That might be it, but it can also be true that there are many map areas, village and places that we don't know of.
Niaowu might be one of them. Pure speculation of course.

If I understand correctly ちょうぶ(Choubu) is Japanese On reading of Chinese characters 鳥舞 and Niǎo wǔ is chinese pronounciation of same characters according to google(?)
Well!!! Thats something right there!

After a round of QTE Title:

Screenshot-20190314-143748-2.png

4THMUHE.gif

Lol that screenshot always gets me, through all of the trailer Ryo looked alive, besides the part where he strikes the dummy. I'm sure they will fix that though. Hah. Loved the article either way! WE NEED SNAIL RACES!

The character model and environment in this screenshot look pretty good to me. As far as snail races, don’t know if you’re serious, but certain other priorities may have to take precedence. But, who knows, maybe there will be a nice DLC with a bunch of goodies like Yu Suzuki-sama is considering. We shall see...

As a trade off: If we got the snail race, I wouldn't mind if Megumi flew into Chobu to teach us the Shenmue Online hadouken.
("Would you like to practice some more?" "No, I think I got it.")

Really, though, I do trust he's going to provide the balance we desire. I'm anticipating this game's changes sort of like the advances of the classic Sonic trilogy (& Knuckles). 3 played differently from 1, but the progression is natural.

The character model and environment in this screenshot look pretty good to me. As far as snail races, don’t know if you’re serious, but certain other priorities may have to take precedence. But, who knows, maybe there will be a nice DLC with a bunch of goodies like Yu Suzuki-sama is considering. We shall see...
I meant, Ryos eyes or face don't move position at all when he strikes the dummy. His face is stuck staring at the ground

I trust you weren't one of the ones we had to talk down off the ledge last year about whether or not faces and eyes in Shenmue III would actually be animated?
Of course not, I'd be happy with visual novel graphics...
Had a little look at the articile but stopped as it was spoiling way too much for me.

Shenmue 3 will have a difficulty option!!
:D
I'm actually really excited for this, more ways to play!

i guess with no supernatural stuff Suzuki means there wont be such things as a flying Ryo, a Shenhua with wings
or Lan Di firing a Genkidama.
i mean the interviewer probably used Shenmue Online as a example to make it clear what the question is
and the simple answer is that we dont have to be afraid of some kind of Dragon Ball action.
but other mystery elements like the mirrors will still be a thing.

i guess with no supernatural stuff Suzuki means there wont be such things as a flying Ryo, a Shenhua with wings
or Lan Di firing a Genkidama.
i mean the interviewer probably used Shenmue Online as a example to make it clear what the question is
and the simple answer is that we dont have to be afraid of some kind of Dragon Ball action.
but other mystery elements like the mirrors will still be a thing.
Yeah cuz I mean, even Ryo's dreams of Shenhua in the first game could be considered supernatural... as well as a giant version of her head manifesting over the ship he was on during his trip to China...

I meant, Ryos eyes or face don't move position at all when he strikes the dummy. His face is stuck staring at the ground

Oh, yea, based on Yu Suzuki-samas game design philosophy of outer to inner development, I presume these animations and expressions, along with the character models, are still in the process of being integrated, optimized, and refined. I have faith all will look as glorious as the environments in an official launch trailer towards release.

Yeah cuz I mean, even Ryo's dreams of Shenhua in the first game could be considered supernatural... as well as a giant version of her head manifesting over the ship he was on during his trip to China...
hahaha nah man! that's not supernatural. His dreams were just dreams and dreams are the result of unconscious processes of the mind andalso influenced by imaginations (not supernatural).
Shenhua appearing over the boat at the end of Shenmue its simbolic. Juts a cool thing to add to the scene almost as preparing us for what was to come. It was only aesthetic. She didn't really appear in the sky (in the gameworld per say). Ryo would be scared shitless! haha

Oh, yea, based on Yu Suzuki-samas game design philosophy of outer to inner development, I presume these animations and expressions, along with the character models, are still in the process of being integrated, optimized, and refined. I have faith all will look as glorious as the environments in an official launch trailer towards release.
Most likely. They already said Ryo in the extended stuff looked better so they must be. Games don't go gold until 4-6 weeks before release and who says they won't do some minor changes and patch them in.

Shenhua appearing over the boat at the end of Shenmue its simbolic. Juts a cool thing to add to the scene almost as preparing us for what was to come. It was only aesthetic. She didn't really appear in the sky (in the gameworld per say). Ryo would be scared shitless! haha
hahaha nah man! that's not supernatural. His dreams were just dreams and dreams are the result of unconscious processes of the mind andalso influenced by imaginations (not supernatural).
I dunno man, seeing a real person you've never met so vividly in your dreams seems pretty supernatural to me... especially considering the connection they have via prophecy. But then again maybe that can be explained away by her image being plastered all over the local candy...

He dreamed about Shenhua before he met her, your dreams arent going to recreate an entire person down to how they move, what they wear, and what they look like. It was Supernatural.

View attachment 2350

I dunno man, seeing a real person you've never met so vividly in your dreams seems pretty supernatural to me... especially considering the connection they have via prophecy. But then again maybe that can be explained away by her image being plastered all over the local candy...
hahah those potatochips are the most supernatural thing ever. hands down!

Back