I'm sure it's VF6

What is the source of this image?

Thanks. Where did they post the image? Link? I can't find it anywhere. The 6 reminds me of the Yakuza font.

Last edited:
Based on the URL, is it to do with Segata Sanshiro?

It says six more days. I doubt it’s to do with VF unfortunately. :(

Happy to see another Virtua Fighter game, but not too pleased with the timing of the announcement, the implication being that the game will either be made without Yu Suzuki or that he will be working on this rather than on Shenmue 4. Neither of these things makes me happy.

To be fair VF5 was developed without him and it’s very good.

To be fair VF5 was developed without him and it’s very good.
I thought he had an advisory role?

To be honest, It’s not about whether or not the game is good for me, more that Virtua Fighter is his creation. Seeing the series move forwards without him is like somebody else continuing the Shenmue series. I’ve no doubt there are other people who could make a good Shenmue game, but it just wouldn’t feel right.

60th Anniversary of SEGA.
There is one franchise they have that is eagerly awaiting the 6th instalment.
That franchise is an iconic one for SEGA.
They’re emphasising the 6 in 6 days counting.
Segata Sanshiro is pretty much based on Akira.
Surely you don’t tease an image of a fighting pose and not pay off?

All the signs add up....

so watch it be anything other than VF6. Watch it be a troll.

(although i’m REALLY hoping it is anything but a troll. Give me VF6! It’s time for the king to return!)

Please let it be VF6!

It's Akira's pose from VF5 though...

STK643272

Now it says Five

Whatever it is, it's got to do with Segata Sanshiro based on the URL and the likeness. I wonder who'd develop VF6 at this point. Is AM2 even what it was a decade or two ago?

I thought he had an advisory role?

To be honest, It’s not about whether or not the game is good for me, more that Virtua Fighter is his creation. Seeing the series move forwards without him is like somebody else continuing the Shenmue series. I’ve no doubt there are other people who could make a good Shenmue game, but it just wouldn’t feel right.

I'm not sure about that. I'm guessing he at least gave them his blessing. If they're moving ahead with VF6, I at least want to hear that Yu Suzuki was offered the job. That would come at the expense of Shenmue IV, though. VF is a very complex game and I imagine they'd spare no expense if they bother to bring the series back from the dead.

Back