Kickstarter Project Update #103: A message from Ys Net, Epic Games & Deep Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is really Shitty is you ask me and I don't like this at all....
1) Game now selling cheaper than what backers paid.... They better give Deluxe version to ALL backers.
View attachment 3206

View attachment 3204

2) Seems they giving All In-game Backers items.... for an extra 6$.... When we backers paid around 220$ for access to those rewards........

View attachment 3205

i'm pretty sure you still dont understand the difference between a product you can buy in a shop
and supporting a project goal on KS. you spent your money on KS so that Shenmue 3 can arise.
Kickstarting a product does not mean that you are buying something.

the final retail product on Amazon, PSN, whatever has nothing to do with the Kickstarter campaign.
Deep Silver has nothing to do with the KS rewards, YS Net has nothing to do with retail CE.
if you didnt know this, it is your own fault.

Hey, woah, woah, woah. Let's get back on topic here.

If i replace brocc and tomato with beef, I'll occassionally do giardiniera, as well.
Giardiniera? Are you from Chicago? I love Giardiniera

i'm pretty sure you still dont understand the difference between a product you can buy in a shop
and supporting a project goal on KS. you spent your money on KS so that Shenmue 3 can arise.
Kickstarting a product does not mean that you are buying something.

the final retail product on Amazon, PSN, whatever has nothing to do with the Kickstarter campaign.
Deep Silver has nothing to do with the KS rewards, YS Net has nothing to do with retail CE.
if you didnt know this, it is your own fault.
People that had faith in the game and were backers should get a better deal than someone that purchase the game later. That is a fact. Otherwise this will create a backlash again and upset many more people for valid reasons.
It's simply not fair if you purchase it ahead of time and paid a LOT more get a lot less value than someone who made the purchase on a release date. It's basic common sense.

People that had faith in the game and were backers should get a better deal than someone that purchase the game later. That is a fact. Otherwise this will create a backlash again and upset many more people for valid reasons.
It's simply not fair if you purchase it ahead of time and paid a LOT more get a lot less value than someone who made the purchase on a release date. It's basic common sense.
It will only create a backlash if people decide to create one.

People were moaning about not getting a coin from Gamestop.

With the rewards up above $80 you get a digital artbook, toy capsules, t-shirt, the soundtrack and name in the credits. The name in the credits is worth far more than any collectors edition.

Those kickstarter cases will end up on ebay for a shed load once everything settles down. In terms of collectors value they are worth way way more.

They have to generate sales from somewhere and a collectors edition to the public is one way to do that. The kickstarter is a separate entity.

As for the epic listing I'm in the UK and it's coming up at £45 & £60 so all seems normal there.

It will only create a backlash if people decide to create one.

People were moaning about not getting a coin from Gamestop.

With the rewards up above $80 you get a digital artbook, toy capsules, t-shirt, the soundtrack and name in the credits. The name in the credits is worth far more than any collectors edition.

Those kickstarter cases will end up on ebay for a shed load once everything settles down. In terms of collectors value they are worth way way more.

They have to generate sales from somewhere and a collectors edition to the public is one way to do that. The kickstarter is a separate entity.

As for the epic listing I'm in the UK and it's coming up at £45 & £60 so all seems normal there.
I really hope this game sells decently so we can avoid KS altogether. Hopefully Sega takes control next time. Steam issue makes sense but the rest is a bit annoying from gamers because when you do a KS a lot of backers feel entitled to everything in the book. I'm sure Yu-san would love to avoid this altogether if there is a next time.

Certain people seem to be missing the main point here, that Shenmue 3 is being made. That is all that should matter.
I'm only bothered about the "physical" version for PC being a code. I wanted to hold the game in my hands. Guess I'll have to wait until I get a PS4 and PS4 version until that happens.

I'm only bothered about the "physical" version for PC being a code. I wanted to hold the game in my hands. Guess I'll have to wait until I get a PS4 and PS4 version until that happens.
I agree that is frustrating. And the Epic thing is also very awful. But I wish people were genuine on places like resetera and would just try to give S3 the benefit of the doubt and remember why we were all excited in the first place, and that was for S3 to be even made.

It’s really sad people are going to make a thing about rewards being available on the LE like they’d just rather the game not exist at all.

Things are just getting ridiculous now.

It's naive of people to assume YsNet would not do pre-order bonuses, premium editions, DLC or season passes etc. And I'd go further and say it's sad that people don't want them to. Do people not realise that backing a Kickstarter is not about making the project a reality just for a small amount of people who backed it, but also about making it a success in the real world? And appealing to wider consumers is a part of that. They need to, you know, actually make some fucking money, since they're a business, not a charity.

Do we want a Shenmue 4 or not?

Last edited:
It's naive of people to assume YsNet would not do pre-order bonuses, premium editions, DLC or season passes etc. And I'd go further and say it's sad that people don't want them to. Do people not realise that backing a Kickstarter is not about making the project a reality just for a small amount of people who backed it, but also about making it a success in the real world, and appealing to wider consumers is a part of that. They need to, you know, actually make some fucking money, since they're a business, not a charity.

Do we want a Shenmue 4 or not?

Honestly, I dont mind the DLCs nor the season pass. But I feel like that, as a good will gesture, they should give the season pass to backers over 80 dollars or even 100 dollars. That'd be 21 000 backers for over 80 dollars. 19 000 backers for over 100 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back