Kickstarter Project Update #103: A message from Ys Net, Epic Games & Deep Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's to worry about? The previews for Shenmue 3 coming out of E3 are positive. The bad press around Epic has nothing to do with the game itself.

Not the ones I have been reading. The positive previews were from people either fans of Shenmue or willing to get into it.

There are previews calling it a catastrophic disaster. And this has nothing to do with the Epic Store.

Also, keep in mind that when I say that, I give litterally 0 fucks about the previews and reviews. Call it being an arrogant prick, but I believe my opinion has a far higher weight than any glorified hobbyist writing in a website or paper magazine.

But still, it has an importance for the game reception.

I'm really not worried what we're seeing is not final by any means. Most of the press are being highly hyperbolic and ignoring the fact of it's paltry budget.

Not the ones I have been reading. The positive previews were from people either fans of Shenmue or willing to get into it.

There are previews calling it a catastrophic disaster. And this has nothing to do with the Epic Store.
To be fair, the one calling it a "catastrophic disaster" also said not being able to read the texture on an in-game ticket was itself a catastrophe, so obviously the guy is a little out there. But yeah, there are still plenty of negative previews from more reasonable sounding people.

To be fair, the one calling it a "catastrophic disaster" also said not being able to read the texture on an in-game ticket was itself a catastrophe, so obviously the guy is a little out there. But yeah, there are still plenty of negative previews from more reasonable sounding people.

There's 3 people calling it as such (well... All French).
But the one talking about the ingame ticket was another person on a video. There was a preview from Jeuxvideo.com and Gamekult too. Both calling the game catastrophic. And those are the two biggest french publications.

Not even sure what negative previews people are referring to. The majority are positive... I've only read one or two negative ones (one of which still had plenty of good things to say), not counting random French and non-English sites no one gives a shit about.

Edit: So you are referring to random French websites. Who cares about them? The IGN preview was positive and has a far larger reach.

I'm really not worried what we're seeing is not final by any means. Most of the press are being highly hyperbolic and ignoring the fact of it's paltry budget.

I mean, I'm not either. I'm already excited by the QTE chases, the investigations, the combat, the exploration of Bailu and Chobu. As I said, the game could score a 0/10 on average, I wouldnt care until I play it myself from begining to end.

But then again, it's not about us. It's about the others.

Not even sure what negative previews people are referring to. The majority are positive... I've only read one or two negative ones (one of which still had plenty of good things to say), not counting random French and non-English sites no one gives a shit about.

Believe it or not, one of those french site is, in term of traffic, the biggest European publication.

There's 3 people calling it as such (well... All French).
But the one talking about the ingame ticket was another person on a video. There was a preview from Jeuxvideo.com and Gamekult too. Both calling the game catastrophic. And those are the two biggest french publications.
"Catastrophic" is such a strong word, at least in English. If it carries the same weight in French, I wish they'd at least respect the fact that their readers have eyes and can see that, at the very minimum, it's not a catastrophe.

Believe it or not, one of those french site is, in term of traffic, the biggest European publication.

Really? Either way, Gamespot and IGN are two of the biggest websites for games and most serious gamers don't really trust them. There's certain websites and magazines I feel fans, YsNet and Deep Silver need to be more concerned about pleasing, and that's the likes of Eurogamer, Edge, GamesTM, Retro Gamer magazine etc. Most of those are more high brow and have niche audiences that like quirkier and less mainstream games (those are the kind of places that praised fantastic titles like Alien Isolation and ZombiU, whilst IGN and the like shat on them). If it gets positive reviews in those kind of sites/magazines, that would be good. If even they crap on it, it probably has no chance.

Just read up on the Pokemon "controversy". It's a headscratcher for me and I'm really not sure what the big deal is. I'm starting to think gaming nerds are the most insufferable demographic ever.

Yeah I saw it and I was thinking that Pokemon got it easy comparing to Shenmue still since many are still going to buy it regardless along with still having a soild future unlike Shenmue. This issue is something that will not effect most people in the first place, and secondly, it is what it is. It is true that today's generation of gamers (at least on social media) are indeed entitled and I hate to use that term since it is misused as a tool to silence any legitimate issues with games these days. I don't get the Battletoads one as well since everyone is merely bitching about the graphics which looks alright to me since it is the second most hated game.

I know everybody hates epics games store but just wanted to point out that Shenmue 3 is up for preorder now on the very front page right next to Cyberpunk. Totally ignoring the controversy of course but good to see it get promotion and exposure on the front page and next to a giant game.

i think i answered your posts already like ten times.
if you just want to stick with your opinion and just repeat the same thing again and again
without answering any of my questions, i think any further discussion is pointless.
i get it, i get it. Deep Silver is the company of the devil, all they want is to earn billions of dollars
with our hard earned money. god help us all.
This is not only my personal opinion. It's what is been the focus for the past week.
You can defend Deep Silver all you can't simply hide the fact that Deep silver messed up badly and gave Shenmue negative publicity.

I know everybody hates epics games store but just wanted to point out that Shenmue 3 is up for preorder now on the very front page right next to Cyberpunk. Totally ignoring the controversy of course but good to see it get promotion and exposure on the front page and next to a giant game.

There is only a front page on their website, so they don't have choice but to put Shenmue 3 on it. :p

This is not only my personal opinion. It's what is been the focus for the past week.
You can defend Deep Silver all you can't simply hide the fact that Deep silver messed up badly and gave Shenmue negative publicity.

No offence dude, but you're a broken record at the moment. Let's see what they come back with in a week or so and if you're still pissed after their response, it can be discussed further.

That is really Shitty is you ask me and I don't like this at all....
1) Game now selling cheaper than what backers paid.... They better give Deluxe version to ALL backers.

2) Seems they giving All In-game Backers items.... for an extra 6$.... When we backers paid around 220$ for access to those rewards........

That is really Shitty is you ask me and I don't like this at all....
1) Game now selling cheaper than what backers paid.... They better give Deluxe version to ALL backers.

2) Seems they giving All In-game Backers items.... for an extra 6$.... When we backers paid around 220$ for access to those rewards........
What region are you in? In the US, the digital deluxe version is just under $65 on the Epic store.

Also, it could be a different scroll technique and skin for the jacket. Remember, we were pledging money for the game to be made and simply offered rewards at various tiers. We really have no argument for this, or the collector’s edition, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back