Kickstarter Update #102 - PC Gaming Show Update: New Trailer & Epic Games Store Exclusive for PC Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In saying that it provides a better service for consumers and has a bigger player base ?
Ok, your futurism about EGS is not propaganda though.

Do you know more than DS & YS and what EGS offered them over Steam to better support Shenmue III promotionally, technologically, and financially?

To be fair we are not sure if Shenmue 3 is really better supported on the epic store, but I think that the game won't be worse than steam. I think the Quality will be at least equal to steam. If it is better than it is great.

Wont be worse ? Haven't you seen the huge shitstorm going on already ?
Anyway, you're not being honest here. You were already unhappy that Shenmue III might release on Xbox One. You're the kind of person who don't want others to play the game.

Do you know more than DS & YS and what EGS offered them over Steam to better support Shenmue III promotionally, technologically, and financially?

Yeah, all of that 3 months before release :"""")
The only thing EGS offered them is a sack of cash for Deep Silver to reduce the risk. You're not getting a better Shenmue III. You won't get improved visuals or a significant polished experience. If anything, you're seeing a huge shitstorm and betrayed backers who wont do the same mistake with Shenmue IV.

They could have bought YS a mansion full of hookers, I don't see how does that makes EGS a better platform than steam for consumers (specially to consumers that thought they were the ones helping finance the game).

Being mad because the game is not in steam is a Thing only Plattform warriors would do. We are all biased to certain degree and there is nothing wrong with having a favourite Plattform. But trying to defend brand loyalty with some other more serious reasons is the wrong way.
Right, so you can bite me. I don't particularly like Steam. Most of my library is older, physical games or GOG copies of games. Steam is a sort of "last resort" for me. If I have to buy a game on there, I will. But I'm not much of a fan.

But piss you on you if you think I'm going to toss out my principles on installing Epic's anti-consumer spyware shit for ANY game. A game is a game, even if that game is Shenmue, and my principles against what Epic is doing stand firm no matter what.

You want to know why people hate EGS? Look no further.

Now keep your self-righteous, belittling little jabs to yourself.

I do read random comments in the Internet. And as I said I am not against a xbox release. I am just against time exlusivity. Time exlusivity means that the orginal Plattform can get a worse versio than the latter released Version. And that is some Kind of betrayal I do not want. If all People get the same Version fine with it .

I do read random comments in the Internet. And as I said I am not against a xbox release. I am just against time exlusivity. Time exlusivity means that the orginal Plattform can get a worse versio than the latter released Version. And that is some Kind of betrayal I do not want. If all People get the same Version fine with it .

But you're fine with me getting a worse version on day one ?

What makes the epic Version worse ? Have you played the game already? What makes games worse on the epic launcher than on steam? What features do you need to enjoy a game that only Steam has?

Yeah, all of that 3 months before release :"""")
The only thing EGS offered them is a sack of cash for Deep Silver to reduce the risk. You're not getting a better Shenmue III. You won't get improved visuals or a significant polished experience. If anything, you're seeing a huge shitstorm and betrayed backers who wont do the same mistake with Shenmue IV.

You’re assuming a lot again...

They could have bought YS a mansion full of hookers, I don't see how does that makes EGS a better platform than steam for consumers (specially to consumers that thought they were the ones helping finance the game).

Do you understand market competition?

That's what makes it even weirder, it's not that backers funded the game, but if it was really the need for a KS in the first place.
We know Sony offered marketing and assistance, Shibuya put the bigger part of the money (bigger than the KS), they needed a kickstarter to get deep silver and tencent on board ?
Most people wouldn't say anything if it was just another deal, it being a KS gives it another layer of complexity.

I should have said if it wasn't for anyone backing a kickstarter, then no one would had put any money in to it at all unless someone was crazy enough to take a huge risk on their own. They only did seeing how much people backed it. I don't think it needed the backers, but it it is more like the backers showed that there was money indeed to be made on some level. Something like that.

What makes the epic Version worse ? Have you played the game already? What makes games worse on the epic launcher than on steam? What features do you need to enjoy a game that only Steam has?

Are you being obtuse ? I told you already:

• No full controller support
  • No possibility to lend my game to my friends
  • No offline mode
  • No TV mode support
  • No achievements
  • No could saves (considering I move every week end, that's a pain in the ass yes).

It is also important to mention that back then when the KS started there was only steam and no other Plattform to Launch the game. New Plattform changes Things a bit. New Plattform means new oportunities and the Publisher took it.

Despite the hate Epic got, the exclusives games on Epic store seems to work. If would not work, they would not do further deals like that.

You’re assuming a lot again...

Do you understand market competition?

Assuming a lot ?
The deal was announced in June and is fairly recent. Have you seen the trailer ? There's still a shiton of janky stuff. The game wont magically improve that much. Epic didn't come a year before release but 3 months before release. You wont have a magical improvement here.

It is also important to mention that back then when the KS started there was only steam and no other Plattform to Launch the game. New Plattform changes Things a bit. New Plattform means new oportunities and the Publisher took it.

Despite the hate Epic got, the exclusives games on Epic store seems to work. If would not work, they would not do further deals like that.

It works so much that Deep Silver refused to disclose Metro Exodus sales.

Apparently controller support? Playing a Shenmue game with KB/M would be a shitshow.
Are you being obtuse ? I told you already:

• No full controller support
  • No possibility to lend my game to my friends
  • No offline mode
  • No TV mode support
  • No achievements
  • No could saves (considering I move every week end, that's a pain in the ass yes).

They may be first world issues and we may be "man babies" or whatever the fuck you want to call us. But the facts remain true this a massive consumer trade issue and it dosen't only just affect us it affects millions of users across numerous products. These practices are horse shit and if a class action suit comes from it I won't blame the people who payed for this.

For me personally I couldn't care less about which launcher the game uses, it ain't as if it costs anything anyway. It's a piece of software not a different console entirely!

As far as "lying to backers", we also we have to consider and what everyone seems to be ignoring (EDIT FOR EMPHASIS) is that the epic games store wasn't even a twinkle in Sweeney's eye when the campaign was launched. Now that it exists, perhaps the change and exclusivity has bought in needed cash to development and engine support and better revenue gains for the developer/publisher. I mean look instead of drowning in the sea of Steam shite it was even the first game in that recent showcase video by Epic themselves.

Now before we go "oh muh greedy corporations" consider the game was on a shoestring to begin with. 6 mill is nothing. Ysnet and Neilo are not institutions like EA or Ubisoft. And unfortunately to get more money for development it has to be profitable for somebody else or they'd never give the money over. Its disappointing Sega didn't want to be involved as publisher but that's history, and if anything makes this outcome more inevitable.

Am I saying things have been perfect? No. And no with this they haven't promised things to the letter of the campaign. I will be legitimately mad if i dont get my collectables which were promised but this wont stop you playing the game at all.

TL:DR: YSnet were minnows, to make S3 happen properly deals had to be made with the big fish. I'm more understanding of this than some other things with the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back