Kickstarter Update #102 - PC Gaming Show Update: New Trailer & Epic Games Store Exclusive for PC Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming a lot ?
The deal was announced in June and is fairly recent. Have you seen the trailer ? There's still a shiton of janky stuff. The game wont magically improve that much. Epic didn't come a year before release but 3 months before release. You wont have a magical improvement here.

It works so much that Deep Silver refused to disclose Metro Exodus sales.

They may be first world issues and we may be "man babies" or whatever the fuck you want to call us. But the facts remain true this a massive consumer trade issue and it dosen't only just affect us it affects millions of users across numerous products. These practices are horse shit and if a class action suit comes from it I won't blame the people who payed for this.

As I said, I wouldn't be mad if it meant a better Shenmue game. if it happened like 6 months ago, that the game was delayed more because they were planning a huge overhaul. I'd take it. What happened here is that Deep Silver just made back a part of their investment on backers.

the "leading digital platform" yes in term of revenue per copy. Duh, 88% of each copy is more than 70%.

Now take a look at this:

It is also important to mention that back then when the KS started there was only steam and no other Plattform to Launch the game.

Despite the hate Epic got, the exclusives games on Epic store seems to work. If would not work, they would not do further deals like that.

GOG existed. Origin existed. uPlay existed. B.net existed. I think Bethesda's launcher existed. Pretty much the only one that didn't exist at the time was EGS. But everyone knew what 'PC' meant in 2015, when there was no EGS to try to make games exclusive. It meant 'Steam'. It'd meant 'Steam' for at least 5 years prior to the Kickstarter, when New Vegas' PC copies were just a Steam code. And everything afterwards on the Kickstarter prior to yesterday reinforced 'Steam'. People ORDERED the game on Steam. Period. Nothing else to it.

Also, not really, no. Metro: Exodus didn't sell well. Sold better than the original Metro: Last Light by 2.5x, but considering M:LL's original launch was fucked beyond belief and no one bought it, that doesn't mean much at all. THQ Nordic's reports haven't suggested that Metro: Exodus has sold particularly well. Same for any other game exclusive to that platform. Even Chris Avellone of former Obsidian Entertainment fame derided Obsidian's management for taking a deal with EGS because it killed that game's hype, which was greater than any Obsidian game ever. Epic simply has the money to keep doing this for a while, in hopes that, little by little, they'll continue to pull people towards their service. I doubt they thought Shenmue was going to be some megahit. And as far as they're concerned, it never needed to be. It just needed to bring enough people, which I doubt is going to be the case. This tactic isn't succeeding for them as well as they thought it would, I'm sure.

the "leading digital platform" yes in term of revenue per copy. Duh, 88% of each copy is more than 70%.

Now take a look at this:

Already addressed that:

"Metro: Exodus didn't sell well. Sold better than the original Metro: Last Light by 2.5x, but considering M:LL's original launch was fucked beyond belief and no one bought it, that doesn't mean much at all. THQ Nordic's reports haven't suggested that Metro: Exodus has sold particularly well."

Redux sold much better. But they aren't comparing the sales to Redux. They're comparing them to the absolutely dismal sales of the original release of LL. Y'know, the same release they botched by releasing a difficulty as DLC.

Inno If is not working why the Keep doing it? Why still many Publishers are willing to go with it, if Steam is much better than the Epic store. Sure the epic store is not perfect but I am also quite sure it is not as evil als the Steam supporter make them.

I do not get what is so great about steam. Steam stands for the digital only future I do not like. You do not own games anymore you just rent them.

And you cannot even Play them when offline. Steam apparently has offline mode, but my steam does not know that. It is not working when there is no Internet.

Luckily I only use it once in a while. and play as much games as I can on consoles.

Already addressed that:

"Metro: Exodus didn't sell well. Sold better than the original Metro: Last Light by 2.5x, but considering M:LL's original launch was fucked beyond belief and no one bought it, that doesn't mean much at all. THQ Nordic's reports haven't suggested that Metro: Exodus has sold particularly well."

Redux sold much better. But they aren't comparing the sales to Redux. They're comparing them to the absolutely dismal sales of the original release of LL. Y'know, the same release they botched by releasing a difficulty as DLC.

Excuses, excuses... https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidt...epic-store-epic-announces-new-exclusives/amp/

At launch, the previous game where the PC market was smaller. And yet, here we are, Deep Silver refusing to give numbers.

Inno If is not working why the Keep doing it? Why still many Publishers are willing to go with it, if Steam is much better than the Epic store. Sure the epic store is not perfect but I am also quite sure it is not as evil als the Steam supporter make them.

Because the only way publishers are releasing their games there is if they're being paid for it. Basically, what Epic does is to pay a minimum of upfront copies. Think of the other way too: Why so many publishers release their game on Epic Store unless they're being paid for an exclusive ?

Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but yes, EGS is as bad as people say. We've caught it spying, and thanks to Tencent (the same company responsible for implementing China's social credit system, remember), who has a history of spying, basically owning Epic, we know why it's such an invasive program.

But publishers are going for it because Epic has so much Fortnite bucks that they can afford to toss large sums of money at publishers (not developers, mind you), who are so greedy that they sell out their products the instant they get Epic's offer. It's really that simple.

Getting Money to make a game better does not sound like a bad thing to me. But that's just me.
Are you really naive enough to think publishers are taking the money to make the games better? Like Metro: Exodus, a game that got the EGS exclusivity A WEEK before launch? Come on, dude. Come on.

I do not get what is so great about steam. Steam stands for the digital only future I do not like. You do not own games anymore you just rent them.

And you cannot even Play them when offline. Steam apparently has offline mode, but my steam does not know that. It is not working when there is no Internet.

Luckily I only use it once in a while. and play as much games as I can on consoles.
  • They pay upfront money. That's why they do it (and let's see what is the actual share YSnet gets of that).
  • Epic store is the same but worse. Just imagine not being able to get refunds, trade games or just being spied on.
  • You can play offline.

They should really just give ppl who were sold on a steam key a refund and then move on to EGS.

This is definetly unethical. No one is really debating about pc platform wars. But when u promise something, take money for that promise and then change the deal, and then say you're not getting a refund, that is a shameful practice. Not to mention false advertising. And I say that as someone who will buy shenmue 3 on the epic store

I live in no bubble. I have no stocks at Epic nor I am affiniliated with the Company in any other way. So i do not care about Epic. I am a console gamer. Always was always will be . And as long as there consoles I will never play on PC as long as I do not have too.

So from a console Gamers Point of view I find the whole thing a bit exaggerated. I see steam the same way as the pc Gamers see epic. Steam stands for a digtal only future I will never Support until I have too.

Unless you all have access to DS, YS, and EGS Partnership details, you’re regurgitating platform propaganda...

If you knew the details of the deal, you may better understand why it’s best for Shenmue III and the Saga...

They should really just give ppl who were sold on a steam key a refund and then move on to EGS.

This is definetly unethical. No one is really debating about pc platform wars. But when u promise something, take money for that promise and then change the deal, and then say ur not getting a refund, that is a shameful practice. Not to mention false advertising. And I say that as someone who will buy shenmue 3 on the epic store
Near as I can tell, Steam isn't going to let them generate the keys without opening the game up for pre-orders. This is what happened with Metro: Last Light, where people had already pre-ordered on Steam and thus, since the keys were generated, got to use their keys and play on Steam a year earlier. Noticeably, despite PS4 pre-orders being available for a while, pre-orders on Steam never opened. I am fairly certain this EGS deal is why pre-orders never opened, and why backers aren't getting Steam keys.

If you knew the details of the deal, you may better understand why it’s best for Shenmue III and the Saga...
Dude, YOU don't have the details, so why are you acting as though this is factually helping Shenmue when there's nothing suggesting that to be true?

Unless you DO have the details, in which case, pray tell.

Unless you all have access to DS, YS, and EGS Partnership details, you’re regurgitating platform propaganda...

Can you repost that Epic Games Store link please ? I miss your propaganda. Thank god Epic saved Shenmue III and the saga 3 months before release which will see dramatic improvements. :"""")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back