MAGIC Monaco Press Conference - 9th March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's intentional. It didn't translate across hugely in the Dreamcast models, besides the scar, but when you reaaaaaally think about it there are some common design choices across both Ryo and Lan Di. The hairline and crazy eyebrows were actually pretty obvious, now that I think about it.

Lan Di has a more mature face, though. A stronger nose and chin.

If I'm not mistaken. Akira also has that same scar as well. When I think of what Ryo's character eventually becomes, I think of VF5 Akira.

I think it's pretty obvious that this will be a major plot point going forward. The whole mirror theory is probably true.

My curiosity is how in the hell does Ryo become this angry teen, to this calm badass like Akira? Yeah 8/27 cant get here fast enough.

Blown away. Lan Di is now the best looking character by far, possibly in any video game ever, ha! And the detail in the textures and environments...the sheer aura is surpassing words... never doubt the artistry of Yu Suzuki-sama and fellow creatives! The pioneers are back and Shenmue is about to make history again!

Last edited:
The irony of this is that some people probably genuinely beleive in this picture Lan Di actually looks less like Ryo, despite the Copy/Paste from Ryo's actual model.

@Yokosuka Could you do a 4K boat and Ren, please?

The result is not as crisp as the Lan Di's one.

Ah, with the new hd render of the boat I can definitely see the fireman, axe and so fourth. The other gacha machine looks like some kind of cubes, idk

'
Thank you :), at least you tried. Funnily enough... it looks more blurry than the original image. That or my internet is doing some really funky compression ontop of imgurs' already shit compression.

dxInZI6.png

Excuse my crappy mouse skills but I tried to highlight, the fire extinguisher canisters, nozzle, ax and handle.
I'm not the only one that sees this right? Am I going crazy. It sorta could also look like a vacuum I guess.

Last edited:
It does not look like something from Brave Firefighters and the game is too anachronistic anyway. The yellow logo shape at the top may give us a tip about the licence it comes from (if it does exist).

'
Thank you :), at least you tried. Funnily enough... it looks more blurry than the original image. That or my internet is doing some really funky compression ontop of imgurs' already shit compression.

dxInZI6.png

Excuse my crappy mouse skills but I tried to highlight, the fire extinguisher canisters, nozzle, ax and handle.
I'm not the only one that sees this right? Am I going crazy. It sorta could also look like a vacuum I guess.

The character's pose is very similar to Space Harrier's pose from the original coin-op promotional art (and subsequently the Sega Saturn version's cover art). (gif courtesy of Data Discs)

space_harrier.gif

The character's pose is very similar to Space Harrier's pose from the original coin-op promotional art (and subsequently the Sega Saturn version's cover art). (gif courtesy of Data Discs)

Here's a better screenshot of the machines, It definitely ain't space harrier
1550627724666.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back