Magic Monaco Press Conference March 9th 2019 Part 2 Discussion and Reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao. A couple funny things from that trailer.

Firstly, that little kid looks like he cuts his own hair with a pair of $5 crayola scissors.

Secondly, the old Drunken Kung Fu master reminds me of Shun Di from VF, but this guy is clearly drinking rubbing alcohol and what looks to be sniffing glue from a rag?

I love it!

I finally got on the forum for a reply! When I saw the streamed footage I didn't know what to think. It looked as if the audio wasn't synchronized so it felt off. Then I immediately rewatched the trailer on the Shenmue 3 channel which made a big difference. It made me want to see real gameplay too as promised! Things like Ryo walking around, interacting with people in town etc. Something that shows non-fans how the game is like besides the story and gives us more to discuss.

In general, I liked the environment, details like the chickens during training, the capsule toy machines in the background, the moment where someone wonders if Ryo is Iwao, the conversation in someone's house about the thugs etc. By the way, wasn't that the house we saw in earlier footage where Ryo is moving furniture? Probably during investigation. Regarding the animation, it's a bit strange here and there so I hope that they can work on that to avoid criticism. Of course this already led to a lot of nitpicking online and comments from clueless people/trolls who think that it looks like a PS2 game in general.

Last edited:
So after rewatching it several times i must say that i prefer the prophecy trailer as for being a trailer more. The Ryo and Master Trailer feels more like a snippet though it is longer.

That trailer was fucking strange. Seriously. I don't know whose great idea that trailer was, but they must have been high as fuck.

That said, I seriously fucking love it! It looks exactly what I'd imagine Shenmue to look like in 2019. Quirky, unique, weird, but it's the Shenmue I love!

Had trouble getting on here for ages. Looks great even with the "Work in progress. Game not final" disclaimer. Feels like Shenmue from top to bottom, which is a real big ask considering a 20 year absence. This is barely a fraction of the game too, and already it feels... BIG. What Yu and his team have been able to achieve on a budget is a testament to the dedication of all of them.

The release date wasn't at the end of the trailer nor was it mentioned in the Kickstarter update from what I read... so I have a feeling it may get delayed? I don't particularly have a problem with that, because it's yet another clear leap forward for Shenmue III. Normally I'd be a bit worried about bloating the budget out with the additional time spent, but y'know what? Let it cook. I think they have something really wonderful on their hands already.

Of course, all the remaining issues could be ironed out in the next five months and see go Gold when it's meant to, and release on time.

So after rewatching it several times i must say that i prefer the prophecy trailer as for being a trailer more. The Ryo and Master Trailer feels more like a snippet though it is longer.
I see where you comming from, but, this trailer looks much better IMO. way more variety of scenes. They didn't even show a single frame of chobu and baisha!

I Of course this already led to a lot of nitpicking online and comments from clueless people/trolls who think that it looks like a PS2 game in general.

The PS2 would have lots of trouble running Shenmue, especially Shenmue 2, so that is a laughable statement.

That trailer was fucking strange. Seriously. I don't know whose great idea that trailer was, but they must have been high as fuck.

That said, I seriously fucking love it! It looks exactly what I'd imagine Shenmue to look like in 2019. Quirky, unique, weird, but it's the Shenmue I love!

I loved the trailer because it's pacing and script was so different than everything else we normally see (following the same predictable, melodramatic and formulaic Hollywood formula ). This trailer was poignant, obscure and somewhat aloof. There's truly nothing like Shenmue.

I see where you comming from, but, this trailer looks much better IMO. way more variety of scenes. They didn't even show a single frame of chobu and baisha!

Yeah of course it looks much better. As i said only the composition from a directors point of view is IMO in the prophecy trailer far more trailer-esqe. That being said ... look at those chickens... and for christ sake look at that nightmare sequence and that village and that dude in his under garment. I mean come on ... SHENMUE III! #Love

I can’t even describe how excited I am after seeing the trailer! It was definitely not what I expected, but amazing nonetheless!
I know it’s still a work in progress, but already the improvements made to facial features and character models is exciting to see. The trailer really helps to finally sink in that we are getting the continuation to the story that we’ve all been waiting for for so long now! It feels like a dream!

Wow, it's all kicking off on social media... The haters, doubters and cynics are out in force. Guess I was wrong when I said I thought this would be the trailer to silence them :(

Personally, for me, this trailer OOZES Shenmue-ness!

Wow, it's all kicking off on social media... The haters, doubters and cynics are out in force. Guess I was wrong when I said I thought this would be the trailer to silence them :(

Funny, I was taken aback by just how well it was recieved by the people I follow.

You're always gonna get haters and trolls, every game, movie, artist etc has them. They could have shown the most perfect 10/10 trailer ever and people would still complain, that's just how it works. It doesn't actually mean anything any more, it's just background static at this point.

Funny, I was taken aback by just how well it was recieved by the people I follow.

You're always gonna get haters and trolls, every game, movie, artist etc has them. They could have shown the most perfect 10/10 trailer ever and people would still complain, that's just how it works. It doesn't actually mean anything any more, it's just background static at this point.

I agree - it looks pretty much exactly like what I would imagine Shenmue in 2019 to look like. In certain ways, like the high quality and detail of the textures, it is exceeding my expectations. As for the haters... they will continue hating, but they are truly irrelevant now.

The dojo was down for some ours for me,o_O finally I can say my opinion on the trailer . I really enjoyed it. The combat moves look quit e fluid and great and the landscape was awesome.

Ryo, Shenhua and also Lan Di looked great.

Also the look of Shenhua was funny when she was looking at guy that beat ryo at the beginning of the trailer. I almost thought she will us her powers as seen the Project Berkley Trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back