Magic Monaco Press Conference March 9th Part 3 More Reaction

the UK Twitter account of Koch Media retweeted a Eurogamer article about S3 at Magic Monaco
and how the release date is in a few short months. Suzuki said in the latest interview that the game is finished.
also Deep Silver updated the Amazon.com site for Shenmue 3 and you can now pre order the game.
we can assume that there wont be any delays. August 27 is still the official date.

I just preordered Shenmue 3 from Amazon.com and they have some information wrong it says Square Enix next to it. I wonder if they will have a limited edition available.

@spud1897

General gaming reddit[1.6m subs] has an about 51-60% split in positivity(Majority) reaction as well. U might wanna keep tab?

Source if U haven't already:

Interesting. I might need to sign up haha. Tbf that's still more positive than I was expecting from there.

Everyone I've shown has said the same thing. Graphics: Ok but nothing special, Fighting: Ace, Story: interesting.

Unfortunately we do live in a graphics drive era so people will look at it and compare it to a AAA title in appearance terms.

As long as the game has that Shenmue depth and feel & I think it will then it will satisfy us and hopefully appeal to newer players.

The smaller media outlets have been very fair so far. Hell even Eurogamer were good about it.

Last edited:
Reading IGN preview, I think I have changed my mind and that Chobu was in fact renamed to Niaowu.

Has anyone noticed these sparks during fight when opponents hit each other? just wondering if they have any meaning other than showing hit detection.
0e35oWI.jpg

bQ2geEs.jpg

S8To9Ph.jpg

Has anyone noticed these sparks during fight when opponents hit each other? just wondering if they have any meaning other than showing hit detection.
0e35oWI.jpg

bQ2geEs.jpg

S8To9Ph.jpg

I dont know. A really cynical take could be that the actual models don't come into contact with each other physically so they are using effects to hide the fact there is no physical collision. But that seems like a huge stretch.

Just work on tweaking character models and lip syncing. People will forget the flaws if they’re not obvious.

A really cynical take could be that the actual models don't come into contact with each other physically so they are using effects to hide the fact there is no physical collision.

"Alright, we just need to redo the mocap on that move, but this time I want you to actually hit him in the face."

"But-!"

"You'll be fine, Matsukaze-san. Okay, positions!"

I dont know. A really cynical take could be that the actual models don't come into contact with each other physically so they are using effects to hide the fact there is no physical collision. But that seems like a huge stretch.
Ah~ but they are coming into contact.

So much contact that the models are clipping a little on Ryo's knee strike. Complaining about clipping in games is pretty fruitless though, happens in every 3D game somewhere.

The strike effect just seems like a visual feedback thing, just less subtle than the "kung fu dust" cloud when hits connect.

Really it's not the graphics that are the issue, those current models would look ace if they could just animate them more competently. People just use "looks and graphics" as a catch all term for the overall presentation.

0e35oWI.jpg

bQ2geEs.jpg

S8To9Ph.jpg
This is essentially what Tekken does; it represents impact and looks cool, too.

81% of the backer is mainly from the west+Japan(exception).

View attachment 2330

Not only do we promote and do everything we fans can but the contingincy Yu has in place must seems 2 be pointing to the homeland of Ryo's adventure...China. I hope the Chinese shenmue fans can open a way for Suzuki to tap into this new gaming market. With Yu Suzuki's love for Chinese martial arts/culture/& history well known along side this game straight up paying homage to China this can/will prolly be the big break for the 4th installment.

I think one of the reasons why Americans love shenmue more than most areas is because we're cut off from most of the world. Shenmue was a way for us to visit another country and learn from a new culture. I remember thinking that shenmue was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. I would spend countless hours looking at the environments and talking to the characters . Can you imagine what it must be like to play the witcher 3 as a 11 or 12 year old kid ? ?! If we was amazed by shenmue then they must be in a complete different dimension! Their definitely spoiled lol. That's why I don't think shenmue 3 will sell very well. These kids are playing games like red dead redemption 2 and the witcher 3! Think about how amazing the witcher 3 is! Its almost 2 good to be real. How could shenmue 3 compete with games like that!? I think shenmue 3 would have to be sold for like $20- $30 for it to truly sell. That's why I'm afraid. I honestly hope I'm wrong!

Back