Magic Monaco Press Conference March 9th Part 3 More Reaction

Yes! I would be happy with the level of animation they are presenting here in this "progress video"!
Tho, the more they can improve on this the better.
I sence an overall understanding of the shenmue 3 development conditions by people writing articles.
Wich is good! They seem to be happy comparing it with the Gamescom '17 trailer and seeing improvements!
I feel optimistic!
The vista in this screencap is pretty cool! Also, I'm I the only one who really likes the litle HUD there?! Looks damn nice!
vista.png

Last edited:
I have to say I was a bit disappointed in the "trailer" up until I realized this is more of a backer update than a trailer...

And as a backer update, it's fucking glorious. I'm so damn pumped, I really hope we don't hear another dreaded "D" word. This game is looking great so far and there's so much more dev time left. I'm really excited to see an official trailer this spring and can't wait to play this thing!

edit: WOW this site is still chugging hard after yesterday's bandwidth rape... Any idea when it will be recovered?

Last edited:
edit: WOW this site is still chugging hard after yesterday's bandwidth rape... Any idea when it will be recovered?

My phone was struggling with it so I tried Firefox over Chrome and there is some improvement. Far from perfect though.

I just looked for articles in the german video games press. 4players, Gamersglobal etc. Its very neutral to positive. But the readers comments are positive in general.

There are many people in the: "Modernisation of the classical Shemue-Look" Camp and as many are mentioning that for a small dev team and a kickstarter game that it looks phenomenal.
Of course there are some haters but they are in the minority.

Overall i think that the most gamers who were interested from the start are satisfied or at least looking forward for the release. For new players to be attracted to Shenmue 3 i think we have to look to the upcoming releases from Deep Silver.

Sorry again for the site. 4 hours sleep total is what I have had for almost 3 days now, and still working on it. There may be light at the end of the tunnel, but we will let you know asap. The only positive I can take is that it's a good thing this all happened before the release of the game so we can be properly prepared.

Destructoid is the only negative article I've seen about this, but it reads like a hit piece anyway. They say the combat looks awful (all four seconds of it), and I suspect the author has an axe to grind.

Destructoid is the only negative article I've seen about this, but it reads like a hit piece anyway. They say the combat looks awful (all four seconds of it), and I suspect the author has an axe to grind.

I disagree with that guy completely, particularly because he says the combat looks similar to the first two games, which he also describes as 'terrible'. The combat in the originals was amazing in my opinion, because the system was deep and methodical, whilst also being reasonably accessible for gamers who don't like combat heavy gameplay and prefer button mashing. Training was also optional and although I would criticise that particular system (repeatedly doing moves over and over again to improve was boring), it seems they have drastically overhauled it in Shenmue 3.

Also, Virtua Fighter is a god-tier fighting game, so the combat being inspired by and based on that series is great. Is it no longer cool to like Virtua Fighter or what?

I just finished watching 15 minutes of Judgement. Pretty incredible!

I hope that Shenmue 3 has this level of polish by the time it releases.

Yeah have to agree. The game progressed a lot. Although I am still among the few people that would have taken the game with the 2017 trailer look I am still more than happy with the latest build. The game improved a lot and is still going to improve till release. I cannot complain at all.

I just finished watching 15 minutes of Judgement. Pretty incredible!

I hope that Shenmue 3 has this level of polish by the time it releases.
Yakuza is SEGA's most expensive series and I have no doubt Judgment is the same. It effectively has AAA production values and it is hugely unfair to expect Shenmue III to hit the same heights.

You do this in every thread, man.

Yakuza is SEGA's most expensive series and I have no doubt Judgment is the same. It effectively has AAA production values and it is hugely unfair to expect Shenmue III to hit the same heights.

You do this in every thread, man.
Lemme try something out.

Guys, at 1:08 the generic NPC you can't even talk to or interact with (hahaha, Shenmue did it 20 years ago! Did Nagoshi run out of money????) walks into a wall for two seconds. LMFAO. What a joke. (Really, he does)

Also, did you notice the size of the main character's hands when he thanks the waiter for his food? *Enhances image by 500%* HAHAHA!!!! What is he, a GORILLA?????

I really like Yakuza--spent over 80 hours playing Yakuza 0 recently--but is anyone else tired of running around the same tiny city yet? I know they pack the city full of activities, but it feels like all those other open world games where you're just checking boxes. The seams really show if you just follow the storylines and ignore the side content.

What is it that makes people lose their critical faculties when it comes to Yakuza?

(Also, what's up with the running animation? Is he kicking himself in the ass? Ha Ha Ha. Yakusuck!)

Personally, I'm loving the vintage anime feel of the new Shenmue 3 trailer. It's a great breath of fresh air. Can't wait to spend some time in some bucolic settings. Shenmue takes me to a certain place, and the new trailer is taking me there all over again.

Back